Thoughts on Van Vs. Pick Up/Trailer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 16, 2015
Rahway NJ
www.10bucksaroom.com
Real Name
Gregory Yunginger
Business Location
United States
Currently I have a Ford Transit,perfect for this business,wrapped in advertising,though 3 years to go on payments at a high interest rate. I have a personal car I own no payments. Considering, selling van, selling my car,free up some cash from the car and van, buying a new Ram or Ford Pick Up, of which I can drive all the time and I much rather drive all the time too, and putting the vinyl decals on the new pick up.This way, Im always advertising my business, work or personal, and driving what I prefer to drive all the time, and buy a trailer to haul my equipment, which I'll probably wrap in advertising too. Thoughts? Plus I'll save on insurance, one less vehicle. Also, my payments will be approx the same Im paying now, just adding a couple years to it. Decisions,decisions.

Apr 19, 2018
Real Name
Levi gain
Currently I have a Ford Transit,perfect for this business,wrapped in advertising,though 3 years to go on payments at a high interest rate. I have a personal car I own no payments. Considering, selling van, selling my car,free up some cash from the car and van, buying a new Ram or Ford Pick Up, of which I can drive all the time and I much rather drive all the time too, and putting the vinyl decals on the new pick up.This way, Im always advertising my business, work or personal, and driving what I prefer to drive all the time, and buy a trailer to haul my equipment, which I'll probably wrap in advertising too. Thoughts? Plus I'll save on insurance, one less vehicle. Also, my payments will be approx the same Im paying now, just adding a couple years to it. Decisions,decisions.
We considered this a few years back, and chose to stick with wrapped Chevy 2500 Express Van's. Personally I think you should stick to a dedicated vehicle and set a goal to purchase the vehicle you really want as a daily driver. In my opinion, trailers give off more of a "part-time" feel. Go all in, keep your dedicated vehicle and work harder to pay off the loan and/or buy the truck you really want as a personal vehicle!

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
If you can access all your jobs by trailer ide say go for it. Idk if you would save much on your insurance by removing one vehicle. Usually they give you a good discount on the secondary vehicle especially if you're the only driver. Trailers... I think about switching to all the time. I would love to get out of a van and back into a truck. But... I'm terrible at backing in trailers lol and a lot of my jobs cant be accessed by trailer. Some drives my van can barely fit.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
If you go a month, no make that two months and imagine every job you go to you're using your trailer. Imagine backing it in every time. Does it fit or is it even possible? Many times to many in fact you'll see you'd be hanging out into the street. That's not even counting if you do apartments where the parking is even worse.

If you take the two months and never see a place where the trailer would make it impossible to access a job then you're in a very different place than I was when I used a trailer. I turned down a few jobs and worked from awkward angles/distances enough in less that six months to ditch the trailer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom