Thoughts on this Hydroxyl/Ozone machine | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Thoughts on this Hydroxyl/Ozone machine

Discussion in 'Water Damage, Fire & Mold Restoration' started by Maximum Carpet, Feb 12, 2015.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Maximum Carpet

Maximum Carpet Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +614 / 3 / -0
    Any thoughts on this machine would be appreciated. I do not currently have any ozone or hydroxyl machines and this combo looks interesting. Will be used mostly in residential. Recommendations on other machines also welcome. TIA

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HK3YXKI/?tag=truck0b9-20

2. Dedicated

Dedicated Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Male
    PA
    Ratings:
    +482 / 3 / -0
    I'd be skeptical that it was generating ozone all the time. I have heard from a few people that alot of the Hydroxyl units on the market are really generating ozone. If the homes will be occupied while you would be running this I'd probably get one that you Know is truly a Hydroxyl unit or use a Vaportek unit and you dont have any worries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. seagrtj

seagrtj Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    MO
    Ratings:
    +909 / 4 / -0
    I'd be more skeptical that it is only $297.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maximum Carpet

Maximum Carpet Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +614 / 3 / -0
    What brand would you recommend. I am leaning towards hydroxyl. I always buy good equipment that will last as I live in Wyoming and am somewhat isolated - need to rely on my equipment.

5. International_Ozone

International_Ozone New Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Ratings:
    +6 / 2 / -0
    International Ozone has 3 models of Hydroxyl generators that are safe for occupied areas and do not produce any ozone.

Our equipment has a lifetime output warranty.

The Titan will be the last Hydroxyl generator you ever have to purchase.

http://internationalozone.com/products/
    Titan 4000 Top Front 2-14.jpg

6. Gregg Sargent

Gregg Sargent New Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Male
    Water Damage and Restoration Expert
    San Diego, California
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    For residential homes I purchased the Titan 4000. After going through the training course 4 years ago I decided on this machine just to major sure clients and employees are not at risk health wise.

7. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Top Poster of Month

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,429 / 86 / -0
    How do you like it? Do you add a 5 gallon water bucket behind it for best results?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Russ McCubbin

Russ McCubbin New Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    This is the best thing to put behind your Titan 4000.
    Hydroxyl Maximizer Brochure.jpg

Hydroxyl Maximizer Brochure.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Male
    Washington
    Ratings:
    +1,378 / 7 / -0
    I have one like the OP linked to. It works fine, like a lot of stuff in our industry some products are way over priced.

The components of an ozone machine are actually pretty simple, so there really is no reason for them to cost $3,000

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rob allen

rob allen Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Top Poster of Month

Sep 5, 2007
    Male
    President
    Va.
    Ratings:
    +27,429 / 86 / -0
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,607 / 0 / -0
    If I may be bold enough to put this in simple terms:

A unit will produce ozone IF and ONLY IF the UV light being used is of the proper wavelength (180s to 250s IIRC, but I'll defer to wiser heads on that). Similarly, hydroxyl will be produced IF and ONLY IF proper wavelength and humidity are present.

In order to produce both hydroxyl and ozone in a significant enough quantity to do what needs doing, a unit would have to be able to produce multiple wavelengths of UV, plus generate or capture humidity. I don't trust any machine that claims to have such a low price point to actually generate decent quantities of either oxidizer sustainably.

We've carried Titans for years and ALWAYS get excellent reviews on them. Same with the TZ-1 and TZ-2. Never have we received a complaint about the price, and for the durability and output that you get, they are very reasonable units.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Russ McCubbin

Russ McCubbin New Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Male
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Rob, Give Cody a call at (877)406-9663.