Thoughts on this Hydroxyl/Ozone machine

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dedicated

Feb 9, 2012
PA
www.1dedicated4u.com
Real Name
Shawn McCaulley
Business Location
United States
I'd be skeptical that it was generating ozone all the time. I have heard from a few people that alot of the Hydroxyl units on the market are really generating ozone. If the homes will be occupied while you would be running this I'd probably get one that you Know is truly a Hydroxyl unit or use a Vaportek unit and you dont have any worries.

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
I'd be more skeptical that it is only $297.

Maximum Carpet

May 22, 2014
www.maxcarpets.com
Real Name
Jeff Hasse
Business Location
United States
What brand would you recommend. I am leaning towards hydroxyl. I always buy good equipment that will last as I live in Wyoming and am somewhat isolated - need to rely on my equipment.

Feb 9, 2017
Real Name
Kandace McCubbin
International Ozone has 3 models of Hydroxyl generators that are safe for occupied areas and do not produce any ozone.

Our equipment has a lifetime output warranty.

The Titan will be the last Hydroxyl generator you ever have to purchase.

http://internationalozone.com/products/
Titan 4000 Top Front 2-14.jpg

Oct 11, 2017
San Diego, California
www.GreggSargent.Com
Real Name
Gregg Sargent
Business Location
United States
For residential homes I purchased the Titan 4000. After going through the training course 4 years ago I decided on this machine just to major sure clients and employees are not at risk health wise.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
For residential homes I purchased the Titan 4000. After going through the training course 4 years ago I decided on this machine just to major sure clients and employees are not at risk health wise.
How do you like it? Do you add a 5 gallon water bucket behind it for best results?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I have one like the OP linked to. It works fine, like a lot of stuff in our industry some products are way over priced.

The components of an ozone machine are actually pretty simple, so there really is no reason for them to cost $3,000

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
North Carolina
www.shopcleansource.com
Real Name
Amy Barnes
Business Location
United States
Any thoughts on this machine would be appreciated. I do not currently have any ozone or hydroxyl machines and this combo looks interesting. Will be used mostly in residential. Recommendations on other machines also welcome. TIA

If I may be bold enough to put this in simple terms:

A unit will produce ozone IF and ONLY IF the UV light being used is of the proper wavelength (180s to 250s IIRC, but I'll defer to wiser heads on that). Similarly, hydroxyl will be produced IF and ONLY IF proper wavelength and humidity are present.

In order to produce both hydroxyl and ozone in a significant enough quantity to do what needs doing, a unit would have to be able to produce multiple wavelengths of UV, plus generate or capture humidity. I don't trust any machine that claims to have such a low price point to actually generate decent quantities of either oxidizer sustainably.

We've carried Titans for years and ALWAYS get excellent reviews on them. Same with the TZ-1 and TZ-2. Never have we received a complaint about the price, and for the durability and output that you get, they are very reasonable units.