Thoughts on 2015 GMC Desil Van | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Thoughts on 2015 GMC Desil Van

Isa Orta

Aug 29, 2013
Real Name
Isaias Orta
Pros & Cons Please !
I'm thinking of installing a Clean Co 47 compact machine in it. Looks like the engine space is limited and it caries two alternators and two batteries. I was told one alternator will be removed. Does anybody know how this will effect my vans performance. Mechanics please advise!

Isa Orta

Aug 29, 2013
Real Name
Isaias Orta
Why not just buy a normal gas van to run it off of? Spending an extra 10k isn't really worth it in my eyes.
Well I've had two gas trucks before and they spend a tons on gas and after 5-6 years they start giving me problems with transmission and over heating, this can lead to engine problems. Especially in the summer. I figure, diesel runs cooler than gas, transmissions is a lot better. I've seen diesel trucks last years & years. They also keep their value. I'm really in it for the long haul. My vans run Mon-Sat 8 hours a day, especially with PTO shaft running from engine all day long.

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
I just couldn't imagine the noise level of a diesel van running in someones driveway for a few hours at a time.

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Well I've had two gas trucks before and they spend a tons on gas and after 5-6 years they start giving me problems with transmission and over heating, this can lead to engine problems. Especially in the summer. I figure, diesel runs cooler than gas, transmissions is a lot better. I've seen diesel trucks last years & years. They also keep their value. I'm really in it for the long haul. My vans run Mon-Sat 8 hours a day, especially with PTO shaft running from engine all day long.
I agree with your reasoning and going PTO is good for making things simple across the board for employees, Glad you are that busy. Would it possibly be worth waiting until PTO are offered in the newer style vans?

Isa Orta

Aug 29, 2013
Real Name
Isaias Orta
No way, I've been waiting for that a while now. Ill let the others go through the recalls and fixes before i purchase mine. It will be some years before they get it right.