Those that pre-vacuum

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
Case in point.
I did 2 commercial jobs this past weekend.
Total time on the wand was 12 1/2 Hrs, and I made 4200$.

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
@Fedri , I would like to pick your brain sometime about porty’s.
I know you run a Jag.
I live in Canada aswell, and am concerned about amperage draw.

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
@Fedri , I would like to pick your brain sometime about porty’s.
I know you run a Jag.
I live in Canada aswell, and am concerned about amperage draw.
I don't have a Jag, but one of my good friend does here in Toronto and he is able to run it 8.4s and up to 600psi on a 15amp line with no problems. I am currently running mytee with LX vacs that uses more amps then 8.4 and still no issues with 200psi pump on a 15amp line. Where about are you located? This could vary from place to place. You need to buy and give it a try and I know it's a risk. Jim also confirmed that LX vacs were running on a 15amp line with a pump.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Lol @JimDavidson, that dry cleaner guy has some humor
If it's who I think it was (I know quite a few of them around here), he is a firm believer in his dry process. Might not always come across as the friendliest guy, but he's honest, hard-working, and at heart I think he'd take a bullet for a stranger.

Get ANY two carpet cleaners together and you can practically see the hackles go up, lol. You guys sniff each other up and down like tomcats in an alleyway. Thank goodness most of you calm down and get friendly afterward.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
If it's who I think it was (I know quite a few of them around here), he is a firm believer in his dry process. Might not always come across as the friendliest guy, but he's honest, hard-working, and at heart I think he'd take a bullet for a stranger.

Get ANY two carpet cleaners together and you can practically see the hackles go up, lol. You guys sniff each other up and down like tomcats in an alleyway. Thank goodness most of you calm down and get friendly afterward.
Tom car in an alleyway? Wow can you say sexist? lol

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Sorry just got out of sensitivity training! LOL NOOOOOOT!

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Tom car in an alleyway? Wow can you say sexist? lol
Heh, I've seen enough of the "I'm gonna smile at you with my mouth, but my eyes say I'm busy devouring your soul and those of your children" to know the look when I see it.

Luckily, you guys aren't as prone to peeing on things.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Heh, I've seen enough of the "I'm gonna smile at you with my mouth, but my eyes say I'm busy devouring your soul and those of your children" to know the look when I see it.

Luckily, you guys aren't as prone to peeing on things.
See me after three beer! Just saying

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

Tech for a company with an 8 in the name. Nice enough guy, just still really green.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Tech for a company with an 8 in the name. Nice enough guy, just still really green.
Yep, one of Rich's newer techs (a "juvie", if you will, heh heh). Rich is a great guy, and smart to boot. Like, scary-smart. He's going to be a millionaire if he isn't already. I see his vans in my new neighborhood sometimes! :)

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Or pressure wash in your pre spray and slow double trigger every pass, force a ton of dry soil into the backing, and let your customers enjoy their 12hr dry time
Would using something like the Hydro-Force Carpet Cleaning Inline Sprayer PRO be considered pressure washing in your pre spray?

Or would using pump sprayer be better in this scenario for best dry times, etc.?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Would using something like the Hydro-Force Carpet Cleaning Inline Sprayer PRO be considered pressure washing in your pre spray?

Or would using pump sprayer be better in this scenario for best dry times, etc.?
Hydro force is fine but I was referring to guys thay go way overboard with how much they put down just to avoid having to vacuum first.

Any big ticket we always use hydro force, but small 4 or so room jobs multi sprayer