This work is 90% tech and 10% equipment | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

This work is 90% tech and 10% equipment

Glen88

Feb 17, 2018
Real Name
Glen Tunstall
Good job hanging in there,:) it's been my experience that a 150 psi pump will make a noticeable difference over the 100.
Hi my name is glen Tunstall im starting a cleaning carpet cleaning company and i need advice on equipment and how to get business

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hi my name is glen Tunstall im starting a cleaning carpet cleaning company and i need advice on equipment and how to get business
www.tmfacacdemy.com

Or call me 757-486-3532

Important to buy what fits you, your cleaning style, business model and budget. Getting it right or wrong could mean difference between success and failure.

Rob

@Glen88

Reactions: Mijaalga

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Im gonna throw this out...

This business is 90% equient and chems and 10% tech...

I cud teach amew cleamer who has never touchefd a wand to cleam like a pro in 60 days.....
If he had the right tm and robs chems....
And put him on a bonxer ...zipper

In fact im seeing that a non carpet cleamer can adapt to a bonzer quicker ytham a seasomed carpet cleaner....

Reactions: Mijaalga

Mijaalga

Jan 31, 2018
Real Name
Michael Gallacher
Hey glen,

I have been in biz for over twenty years and just going out on my own now, since we are in same boat I think I can help you because I have been collecting all the info for what I need off rob and John from mytee. And many others on here from the forum. You can pm me and we can chat!!!!!!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hey glen,

I have been in biz for over twenty years and just going out on my own now, since we are in same boat I think I can help you because I have been collecting all the info for what I need off rob and John from mytee. And many others on here from the forum. You can pm me and we can chat!!!!!!
Michael you and Glen are both welcome to come visit my school and test any all my equipment. Chemistry, tools, machines and you can see how our operation works firsthand.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Decide on what you want to target...
Homes rentals. Resturants. Theaters. Comercial. Tile....
Or a little bit of all....

Either way i have a place in texas i can get tm...wo hose ....for 7000$$$

I am in process of putting together a 600cfm tm. That will rival any 35k tm on the market.......

All for around. 5500$$

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
I agree. You can clean and make money with VLM, Porty, TM, Von Schrader, Dry Powder, or whatever you want to use.

The equipment isn't that important.

Another concept is how UNIMPORTANT the tech side of the business is... Marketing and Management accounts for 80% of your success rate (maybe more). Only 20% of your success is measured on how well you clean.

Other then having a Website and my van littered up i do no advertising at all, none, nada, yet i still get calls and business

for me %100 of my success is how well i clean, all my business is repeat customers and referrals

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I agree. You can clean and make money with VLM, Porty, TM, Von Schrader, Dry Powder, or whatever you want to use.

The equipment isn't that important.

Another concept is how UNIMPORTANT the tech side of the business is... Marketing and Management accounts for 80% of your success rate (maybe more). Only 20% of your success is measured on how well you clean.

I have to disagree on this one. I understand marketing may get you the customer initially, but if you're a lousy tech and do sloppy work you won't keep that new customer. I think the percentages are what I'm really disagreeing with. Both are equally important. You may get hired initially for your advertising, but those second, third, fourth, etc. will be because of your skill and work ethic. Then there are those referrals you get because of your skill. People simply don't refer you if you do lousy work, period.