"THIS" does not sound bad!!!

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I've been to Michigan, y'all can have that weather. I'm not living anywhere as an adult where "the air hurts my face!".
It is right now 39 now and feels like a heatwave

Half the year outside is trying to kill me!

The other half I'm doing all my work and don't get to enjoy any of the outside that's not trying to kill me!

It is so hard to explain just how rough it is to keep carpet cleaning alive here

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Doesn't sound awesome!
So just imagine if you have downtime between jobs you either have to trust a space heater in your truck

or drain your water box in completely winterize everything with antifreeze or drain it dry between jobs

sometimes you can take the truck home and pull it into the heated garage but heated garage space is expensive

This is why I like high-powered portables/EMTs so much. When all else fails you can just bring it inside you still have to deal with the hassle of tools and stuff no matter what setup you have

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
So just imagine if you have downtime between jobs you either have to trust a space heater in your truck

or drain your water box in completely winterize everything with antifreeze or drain it dry between jobs

sometimes you can take the truck home and pull it into the heated garage but heated garage space is expensive

This is why I like high-powered portables/EMTs so much. When all else fails you can just bring it inside you still have to deal with the hassle of tools and stuff no matter what setup you have
Been on both sides of the coin. I would love to race a mouthy TM guy with my inferior electric setup on the first job of the day for time, quality and efficiency. Especially in cold weather.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Been on both sides of the coin. I would love to race a mouthy TM guy with my inferior electric setup on the first job of the day for time, quality and efficiency. Especially in cold weather.
Well five years ago I was that mouthy guy that was gas all the way no way other than gas to do it.

Then I started to research
Then I did math
And then I tried it
And I found out that I was wrong!!! and my viewpoint has changed

there is nothing wrong with having different setups for different weather conditions
I will probably always keeps one gas truck
But as I add vehicles I'm adding EMTs heated garage space is difficult and very expensive per square foot in my area we can simply roll the equipment that will freeze inside the heated building and that's it.

Right now we're thinking waterhog and air hog.
But I will probably come up with my own thing lol

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
This winters been brutal at 6000-9000 ft. Winterizing. TM would of been a pain. The last two nights it hasn’t frozen which sure is nicer then dragging all the stuff indoors after a tiring day. My day has yet ended...

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
today's job, no high heat, no pre scrub. pre vacuum, good chemistry, powerful machine and some experience.

I like your dedication, but simple vacuum nozzle
( car vacuum style) would make your life a lot easier on stairs. I did house today worth of making nice video, spots, stairs and all that. The best part: " Oh, it's $199, I heard on the phone $99".

Attachments

Reactions: Fedri and Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I like your dedication, but simple vacuum nozzle
( car vacuum style) would make your life a lot easier on stairs. I did house today worth of making nice video, spots, stairs and all that. The best part: " Oh, it's $199, I heard on the phone $99".
Sold !!

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
When I was young, I used to live in mountains when summer didn't mean sweating in 90° temperatures, but winter lasted about 8 months depending on altitudes you lived around. Picking wild berries, enjoyed cross country skiing. Fresh air forcing you to take deep breaths. It was best year of my life. Altitude between 5000 to 10000 feet.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
We live at about 6500-8500 (11000 peaks) I love high elevation

Reactions: Fedri