this could be the worst mistake of my life

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bojangles

May 21, 2012
payson, az
Real Name
brian m
I bought a carpet and flooring store today.

I haven't been on here all summer, i've been busy getting financing and negotiating the deal.

It all came together, finally today.

I hope it goes well.

i'm a little excited, we've got a 3000 square foot show room and a 1500 sq ft warehouse, on historic main street in payson.

i've already talked a few people out of cleaning and into new stuff. that's my whole plan.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike

I haven't been on here all summer, i've been busy getting financing and negotiating the deal.

I hope it goes well.

i'm a little excited, we've got a 3000 square foot show room and a 1500 sq ft warehouse, on historic main street in payson.

i've already talked a few people out of cleaning and into new stuff. that's my whole plan.
It all compliments one another very well

Congrats

Last edited:

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States

I hope it goes well.

Wish you much success

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
Sell the people what they need and not what makes you the most profit and you will succeed. Best of luck to you and your family.

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
I spent a lot of years running a retail business. For many years I just hired Mechanics and I did almost all the sales. My first good salesman drove me nuts---my second good salesman drove me nuts---I came to realize that most good salesmen can make good money for you but will probably drive you nuts.

They will have champaign taste even when they don't have beer money in their pocket.

You will learn a lot---the best of luck to you.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Sell the people what they need and not what makes you the most profit and you will succeed. Best of luck to you and your family.
of course, you are right.

i can't tell you how many people loathe their 20 year old carpet, and are willing to plunk down for some new product with just the right encouragement.
Yup I agree. Are you still offering cleaning as well? The two businesses can work together real well. I agree with @dmreed4311, don't give up on trying to save carpet when it's salvageable. As long as you have the customers best interest in mind you will succeed and go far with your new business.

bojangles

May 21, 2012
payson, az
Real Name
brian m
Yup I agree. Are you still offering cleaning as well? The two businesses can work together real well. I agree with @dmreed4311, don't give up on trying to save carpet when it's salvageable. As long as you have the customers best interest in mind you will succeed and go far with your new business.

yes, i'm still cleaning. i have to figure this out, i do have a partner on board to run the store, and do general business development. i may have to back off the actual pushing of the wand a bit, however.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Sweet. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
If you know the restoration guys in your area, that can be another good fit. Many of their customers will need new carpet. An arrangement where they can send customers to you and both companies make a little money helps everyone including the client.

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
Good luck man!

I came the other way and went from flooring (installs) to carpet cleaning. I still have a very good reputation around here and can pick up installs anytime I need to.

Owning a floor store is a good thing and imo, you have the market cornered. They can start with cleaning and if not, move onto new carpet.

Another thing is that you can offer maintenance packages? With carpet sales, offer a few complimentary cleanings and hide it in the cost of the carpet sale (s). Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Good luck man!

I came the other way and went from flooring (installs) to carpet cleaning. I still have a very good reputation around here and can pick up installs anytime I need to.

Owning a floor store is a good thing and imo, you have the market cornered. They can start with cleaning and if not, move onto new carpet.

Another thing is that you can offer maintenance packages? With carpet sales, offer a few complimentary cleanings and hide it in the cost of the carpet sale (s). Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Hmmmm package deal I like it!

Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Good luck to you. Im sure youll do awsome with carpet sales. You already have one foot in the door. Once they find out you have a showroom awww man watch out lol.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Rabbin Lapin has an awesome podcast through Dave Ramsey's entreLeadership. Selling by Serving has been a huge help for us.

I guess the Jews don't see simply a dollar earned but rather a certificate of how well they have served someone

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Staff member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States

I hope it goes well.

So exciting!!! Best of luck to you and your business... Congrats