Third Party (Steambrite) Jaguar 6.6 Test/Review | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Third Party (Steambrite) Jaguar 6.6 Test/Review

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Unbiased Steambite you tube video.
Unscientific testing which he explains in video.

Would be great to see Steambrite test all extractors with the same scenario.

Reactions: CCWorks

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Oh boy, here we go...

I did like the video though. I always wondered how those were built and laid out.

Thanks for posting.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
If someone were running that machine outside or in the van/trailer so that noise wasn't an issue, would pulling the mufflers off increase the performance?

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
muffler is just a foam lined tube , should make no difference to performance ....

Nice review , shows the machines best features , performance is pretty much the same as Ameteks own spec as expected ...
In contrast to CA's UK dealer for example who claims 330cfm , huge lift etc ... why cant they just be honest :rolleyes:

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
muffler is just a foam lined tube , should make no difference to performance ....

Nice review , shows the machines best features , performance is pretty much the same as Ameteks own spec as expected ...
In contrast to CA's UK dealer for example who claims 330cfm , huge lift etc ... why cant they just be honest :rolleyes:
If you filled a straw with foam, wouldn't you notice it to be harder to suck through? Or push air out of.

kiwiclean

Dec 7, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii.
www.kiwicarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rex Bentley
Business Location
United States

In the UK they run on 230 volts so they do get higher CFM readings over there.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States

Gemcleans

Apr 18, 2009
Elkhart, In.
Real Name
Alan Thornton
Business Location
United States
Can't tell if the guy was drunk or sober. Not sure if he was trying to sell it or talk it down. I hope Ed didn't want him representing his company since he doesn't even know the correct name.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Can't tell if the guy was drunk or sober. Not sure if he was trying to sell it or talk it down. I hope Ed didn't want him representing his company since he doesn't even know the correct name.
Yea the guy seemed a bit goofy, although the review was as fair as I could see it be.

I'm glad to have seen it, I like the bottom component half of the machine, but those tanks are the ugliest things I've ever seen.

If they could rotomold or fiberglass something more asstheticly appealing I would like it a lot more.

TA152H

Jun 17, 2010
New York
Real Name
Rich
Business Location
United States
Oh ok, that would make sense, but then it makes one wonder what the benefit of a 2" vac inlet and 2" hoses would be if it's already restricted to 1.5"?

Although that's the exhaust.

So is all the incoming air vac plumbing 2" to the motor?
The internal hoses are quite small, last I was told 1.25" (on the Recoil though, maybe 1.5" now). The muffler looks like it's plenty big enough to handle that.

How about the way the air from one motor meets the other? That's a really inefficient design, not only because there is only one exit, but because the air streams are at 90 degrees from each other, and going to cause turbulence.

From an engineering perspective, it's horrible. Just atrocious. In real world terms, it's probably not a huge issue, and the actual performance loss probably not very big. If it's a lot quieter, maybe they felt it was worth it, but personally I would have preferred two openings (but I'm OCD on such matters, so maybe in real world terms, it was a good idea).

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
I think its worth having the muffler ... not a first though , some of the fiberglass machines had a foam lined chamber molded into the design ...
I'd guess the jag muffler is about 25% effective , to really muffle well you'd need more length ..

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
I think its worth having the muffler ... not a first though , some of the fiberglass machines had a foam lined chamber molded into the design ...
I'd guess the jag muffler is about 25% effective , to really muffle well you'd need more length ..
When I buy a portable, I'm gunning for pure performance.
There's no way it's gonna rattle the house as much a my TM. Unless your bringing them into the house, which I never plan on doing.

I would just want best vac and water flow.

Heat is to phallic when obtained by electric.
And noise is no worry to me.

TA152H

Jun 17, 2010
New York
Real Name
Rich
Business Location
United States
When I buy a portable, I'm gunning for pure performance.
There's no way it's gonna rattle the house as much a my TM. Unless your bringing them into the house, which I never plan on doing.

I would just want best vac and water flow.

Heat is to phallic when obtained by electric.
And noise is no worry to me.
What about a booster? You wouldn't bring that into the house? Or you'd never use a booster?

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
I tend to wear ear protection if the machine is close or indoors , you really need it , especially with three or four air movers close by as well ..
But i think a quieter machine is desirable , more so as not to annoy others close by , if you bring a portable into a hotel , or apartment lobby , or even outside on a still day ...
I doubt if the jag muffler causes system restriction , CFM figures seem healthy .

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
What about a booster? You wouldn't bring that into the house? Or you'd never use a booster?
Sure I'd use a booster. But I doubt it would be as loud as the main unit.
Right? I don't know.

TA152H

Jun 17, 2010
New York
Real Name
Rich
Business Location
United States
Sure I'd use a booster. But I doubt it would be as loud as the main unit.
Right? I don't know.
I guess that depends on the booster. If you got a booster with two vacs, I imagine, all things being equal, you'd probably have close to the same volume of noise. The ideal situation is a series portable with series booster in the house. You'd get 2 x 2, but two of those vacs near the wand/rotary device, so better performance than a 2 x 2 with parallel vacs with a parallel booster behind it. Naturally, the big thing there is the outlets, but if you have access to the 240v outlet, it's not an issue.

I spoke with my brother a few days ago, and he's got the Mytee ETM set up, and said the performance with the series booster is spectacular. Having the vacuum motors so close to end of the hose does really make a difference.

I don't know if Mytee is going to sell this series booster though. I hope they do.