Thinking about this idea for Winter

Gemcleans

Apr 18, 2009
Elkhart, In.
Real Name
Alan Thornton
Business Location
United States
I have to put heaters in my van in Jan, Feb, and March. I am thinking about Winterizing machine and only offering VLM. I have Cimex and CRB and they don't freeze or can easily be brought inside.
What do you think the pros and cons of this idea?
Market Encapulation technology cleaning.
No hoses though doors. Keeps cold air out and warm air in.
Gets Christmas tree needles out of carpet and lifts carpet pile up again.
Drys in 2 hours or less.
Gets pet hair and dander out of carpet.

Not sure if this is a pro or con, but they might like it and not want HWE again

Reactions: earl804

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
just depends how severe your winters are.. I would continue to offer both, a space heater in the van doesnt need to keep it 80 degrees just enough to not freeze

We usually set up the oil filled radiant heaters, about 700watts, set them to keep van around 45degrees steady

if its a snow dump and we know were not going to be doing much cleaning then I wrap the little giant

but our winters here arent crazy

SunnyDays Carpet Cleaning

Aug 23, 2014
Real Name
David Dubois
I have to put heaters in my van in Jan, Feb, and March. I am thinking about Winterizing machine and only offering VLM. I have Cimex and CRB and they don't freeze or can easily be brought inside.
Drys in 2 hours or less.

Truckmount was made to make money 12 months a year. Just get a heater. JMO

Reactions: russrroberts

DJCarpetService

May 16, 2011
PA
Real Name
Jared Benedict
Business Location
United States
Drys in 2 hours or less.

You know you can remove the anti freeze from your truck mount in just a few mins right? So you could always do that in the morning, then add the antifreeze when the work is over for the day. Its not the best solution, but i've done it before

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
You might want to add a 175 or Vario OP with a variety of pads if you are going to VLM. The cimex is great at putting down chems and agitation but doesn't pick up anything. The CRB is also great at agitating and pulling hair out of the carpet. Dirt however, not so much.

Vac--prespray--CRB---Pad with 175--- is a pretty successful multi step VLM cleaning process. Results can surprise the avid HWE guys.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Drys in 2 hours or less.

I used vlm and my porty last winter. A cimex might be too big tho for resi. I used my 175. But imo not a bad idea

Reactions: Gemcleans

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
sorry, they still have me on crawl and it messes up my posts. Here is the vid.

It looks like that dude in the video works from inside that van a fair amount of time so it makes more sense than running the van for heat to stay warm. For me that would be overkill. I think Ill just winterize and use my machine for decent sized jobs. Seems easier to just throw some cheap windshield washing fluid in it and a small heater and be done with it.

Reactions: Omar

Omar

Premium VIP
May 24, 2014
Real Name
omar rodriguez
It looks like that dude in the video works from inside that van a fair amount of time so it makes more sense than running the van for heat to stay warm. For me that would be overkill. I think Ill just winterize and use my machine for decent sized jobs. Seems easier to just throw some cheap windshield washing fluid in it and a small heater and be done with it.
Why do you think its overkill?

suck it up

Apr 8, 2013
Real Name
Nathan Davidson
You know you can remove the anti freeze from your truck mount in just a few mins right? So you could always do that in the morning, then add the antifreeze when the work is over for the day. Its not the best solution, but i've done it before
How long have you been adding antifreeze into your machine and have you had any set backs because of it ? I don't think it would be possible to completely remove without a really thorough flushing. Antifreeze is sticky and maybe even require descale to entirely remove

Latest posts