Thinking about joining realtor association or apartments association ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Thinking about joining realtor association or apartments association ?

mikkel99

Dec 2, 2013
Real Name
mikkel henderson
I was thinking about joining Apartment Association or Realtors Association to gain more business get more clients more repeat business anybody have any ideas or suggestions or thoughts about it ?

owenscott

Aug 6, 2009
Friggin Cold Upstate NY
Real Name
Stop snoopin u homo
Business Location
United States
They will quick as shit take ur money ... but will u get anything out of it. Hmmm .... there was a thread on this a few years ago.
Seems like it all depends on what area of the country you are in.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I would NOT recommend the apartment association for one simple reason. Our company was looking to grow and decided to work with Mack Clark, a business management guru. One of the first things he told us to do is drop our apartment customers. Since apartment cleaning was about 1/3 of our business I was quite skeptical. But we did and looking back I would not think twice.

That leaves residential and commercial work- cleanings that work in different times of the day (during the day vs nights and weekends) so just pick which one you prefer and go for it.

Best bet is NOT the realtor association. Just go to the Realtors office and ask to present your services at one of their weekly meetings. Realtors work with a lot of vendors - think about it. Someone buys a house from out of town. Who do they rely on to give them referrals for painting, remodeling and cleaning - the person they trust most - their Realtor.

That being said I have found that Realtors are very busy people ( at least the good ones) and sometimes want the work done yesterday - they don't for the most part, plan ahead too much. so be prepared for that.

Also, price is never an issue. They are looking more for people they can rely on

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
another great source of new business is to visit carpet stores that don't provide cleaning.

Or housekeepers. I clean a lot of homes where the housekeeper sees the great work and refers me to her other clients. HUGE $$ stream

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
We joinced the real estate association for our county (small town Tennessee). This was an opportunity to get acquainted with the owners of real estate business. I stayed active in group projects and attended most of the meetings, even hosted one every few years.

Eventually led to considerable amount of busines in the owners and agents homes as well as homes that were up for sale and such.

Often was work they wanted done on short notice. Often was work the cheap guys could not succeed at. But that meant we could charge a good price for those with heavy soil, red stains, dog odors and such that the cheap guys failed to correct. We also got a lot of empty homes which was nice to not work around furniture.

We left cards on the counters for the new owners or those looking at the homes for sale.

Jul 1, 2015
Real Name
Adam kimbrell
I am a member of the apartment in my area . For a new business I think it's a great idea to get the business up and running in a hurry . I've been in business for my self only 4 years and already service 85+ properties and have been nominated for vendor of the year 3 years in a row . It's $1000 a year but you save in the long run because you never have to spend a dime on advertising .

Reactions: Scott W