Thinking about getting into the Carpet Cleaning business

Leotrinidad

Jan 16, 2019
Real Name
Leonel Trinidad
Hello Everyone,
So here is my situation:
I own a small commercial and residential cleaning company and a couple of weeks ago I was able to get my hands on the following equipment: A Sandia Sniper 1200 PSI, Hydro-force Sx-12, A 12" Single jet wand and an Oreck commercial orbiter floor scrubber. All that equipment came from a person that owed me money and everything except for the Oreck is brand new so now I need to decide what I want to do with it.
So my questions for you guys are: Is this equipment good enough to get into the business? What classes do you guys recommend? I have no experience cleaning carpets so I need to invest in some classes.

Thanks in advance for any/all advice.

Leo

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
What you have will work to start. If you start doing carpet and decide to go big you can always move up to a truckmount.

Half the battle of being successful as a carpet cleaner is finding customers. If you already have a cleaning business adding carpet cleaning is a great way to expand your services.

As for classes Rob (here on TruckMount Forums) has some online courses, or if you are able to go to Virginia Beach you can attend his hands on classses. You can also check with your local supply shop as many will offer classes from time to time.

Welcome to TMF and don’t be afraid to ask for any help you may need.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
i would talk to some local carpet cleaners...

but try to do some jobs with that equipment to start to see how you like it...
as used equipment is around 1/2 price to sell it

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Learn here or on our YouTube channel for free. As Todd mentioned feel free to reach out to me if you want to come here and learn or with our online classes. Welcome.

tmfacademy.com

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Hello Everyone,
So here is my situation:
I own a small commercial and residential cleaning company and a couple of weeks ago I was able to get my hands on the following equipment: A Sandia Sniper 1200 PSI, Hydro-force Sx-12, A 12" Single jet wand and an Oreck commercial orbiter floor scrubber. All that equipment came from a person that owed me money and everything except for the Oreck is brand new so now I need to decide what I want to do with it.
So my questions for you guys are: Is this equipment good enough to get into the business? What classes do you guys recommend? I have no experience cleaning carpets so I need to invest in some classes.

Thanks in advance for any/all advice.

Leo
YES!! You can 100 % start with what you have. Easily I might add. That's more or less what I had when I started my own business back in 1988. Of course I already had 9 years of experience under my belt so I wasn't exactly a "newbie".

I highly advise you NOT to get all hung up on equipment. Its frigging carpet cleaning. We're not bringing Apollo 13 back to Earth, know what I mean? In time you will get a better understanding of what works for you and what you'll need to move to the next level....If you even have to, or want to. I'm a firm believer in the K.I.S.S. theory. I've seen far too many people get all caught up in the industry bullshit and lose their ass. Its stupid.

That said if I were YOU I would definitely look into Robs academy. You'll bypass most of the trial and error headaches and begin the path to success. Faster and better prepared. Good luck to you. Its was a fun ride for me.

Reactions: rob allen