These are the top 20+ questions the customers will ask.. How would you respond?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
1 How much do you charge? What's you credit Limit?

2 How long does it take to dry? To Dry? Who said it would dry!

3 Can you get out all the stains? We dont do stains

4 How long does it take to dry? Please dont ask me this again

5 Can I use/walk on the carpets when you're done and while pretreated? Can I use/walk on you when I'm done?

6 What kind of furniture do you move? No kind!

7 Do I need to be here during the cleaning? No..leave NOW!

8 How can I pay? With your Body!

9 Do you match competitors prices or coupons? This aint a friggin Supermarket lady

10 Wow, your prices seems high? So am I..now Shut it!

11 Do you use a truckmounted unit? No..my UNIT rests indside my Zipper.

12 Do you offer a guarantee? Keep asking these stupid questions or I'll guarantee you a bit Slap!

13 Do you steam clean? Do YOU Swallow?

14 Will the carpets be crunchy after the cleaning? Only if you remove yer false teeth

15 Does protector really work? You tell me HOE..Pregnant?

16 I heard that once you clean your carpets they get dirtier quicker? Well...DUH!

17 Should I turn the heat on when you are done? Please dont Maam...I'm enjoying yer Headlites

18 How often should I clean my carpets? When they're Dirty Dummy!
19 Can you remove wax? No but we Give Waxes..

20 I have never had my carpets cleaned, what should I do? Keep living like a PIG.
Gotta love #8 :D

May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
What is an area defined as is another. I will post my finished product for you guys when I am done, just so you know this wasn't all a waste of time.

Thanks for the ideas..

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
I would say pretty much the same as Todd. Maybe except for lifting up the mattresses. People do get under there beds done sometimes but I really don't want to do it so they pay more.

My answer to the what do you charge is usually different from most guys though.

Price varies depending on conditions and size. You only pay for what I clean.

The customer is never told how I arrived at my price. By the room or square foot isn't mentioned if at all possible.

spod

Dec 5, 2013
Can you elaborate? Im trying to research this, with little success. I know as a truck driver i needed to have a hazmat just to trasnport lipstick. Is this an endorsement that i would have to get through dot?
I don't know what a TDG might be called elsewhere like in the U.S.A. my former employer with was a oil drilling company northern Canada they trained us WHIMS, TDG. Stuff like that upon getting hired. I remember when I took CCT they said we need a MSDS sheet on all are CHEMICALS! Actually the instructor I think said cleaning solutions.
They can and will impound your van for 30 days if you fail to produce MSDS sheets for every product you carry, except for things like window washer fluid, extra motor oil, a jug of radiator fluid those you don't need MSDS sheets.
One very important thing is, if you are doing a job with your portable say in a high rise bring you MSDS book with you to the apparent your cleaning, having it in the van is not acceptable! Needs to be on the job site not the parking lot. If your using your truckmount on a job the van is part of the job site.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I don't know what a TDG might be called elsewhere like in the U.S.A. my former employer with was a oil drilling company northern Canada they trained us WHIMS, TDG. Stuff like that upon getting hired. I remember when I took CCT they said we need a MSDS sheet on all are CHEMICALS! Actually the instructor I think said cleaning solutions.
They can and will impound your van for 30 days if you fail to produce MSDS sheets for every product you carry, except for things like window washer fluid, extra motor oil, a jug of radiator fluid those you don't need MSDS sheets.
One very important thing is, if you are doing a job with your portable say in a high rise bring you MSDS book with you to the apparent your cleaning, having it in the van is not acceptable! Needs to be on the job site not the parking lot. If your using your truckmount on a job the van is part of the job site.
Humbug BULL SHIT..SCARE TACTICS! NEVER Once will you EVER be ASKED...UNLESS you roll your Van on a Highway and the stuff Spills Out..Even then Seriously doubtfull.You are a RUG SUCKA..NOT a Hauler of Toxic Chems.
Google it and show yourself how silly you are thinking that EVEN 1 Rug Sucka ever got Busted cuz he lacked MSDS..
Matter of FACT is IF you TRANSPORT you will need the appropiate Placards..RELAX my Friend..You good to go!

spod

Dec 5, 2013
I was brought up working in remote fragile ecosystem in Canada's far north, drilling holes for oil and Tar sand very quick on spill response and safety so I still have old strict habits with WHIMS and MSDS.
Funny that even on a dirty oil rig they don't use the word chemicals either but rather Drilling Fluids.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Humbug BULL SHIT..SCARE TACTICS! NEVER Once will you EVER be ASKED...UNLESS you roll your Van on a Highway and the stuff Spills Out..Even then Seriously doubtfull.You are a RUG SUCKA..NOT a Hauler of Toxic Chems.
Google it and show yourself how silly you are thinking that EVEN 1 Rug Sucka ever got Busted cuz he lacked MSDS..
Matter of FACT is IF you TRANSPORT you will need the appropiate Placards..RELAX my Friend..You good to go!
You are right. 99% of the time MSDS sheets are not needed. We did have an incident at Coit when I worked there when a disgruntled former employee called OSHA and in turn OSHA came to do an inspection. The boss got fined $10,000 for each van without an MSDS book and he also got fined for not having an MSDS book at the shop. Total of $60,000 in fines.

Troyster

Apr 24, 2013
Terrace BC
Real Name
Troy Sims
Business Location
Canada
I can answer all 20 questions with one statement......................................................me no speecky engrish > u geeves me 400 dolla!!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
You are right. 99% of the time MSDS sheets are not needed. We did have an incident at Coit when I worked there when a disgruntled former employee called OSHA and in turn OSHA came to do an inspection. The boss got fined $10,000 for each van without an MSDS book and he also got fined for not having an MSDS book at the shop. Total of $60,000 in fines.
1% aint dat bad Todd!

spod

Dec 5, 2013
Every time I buy something new from my supplier I ask for a MSDS he says go to website and print it off.
I then still have to transport it home without the sheet.