Thermal Wave M5 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Thermal Wave M5

Chicoscleaning

Jun 18, 2019
Real Name
Eliseo Torres Molina
Hey recently purchased a thermal wave m5 6500 hours on it ,and it run well ,very strong and steady for 3 days (9 hour non stop each day) but now only runs for about 5 seconds and it turns off
Any recommendations?
How reliable are this machines

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
They are notorious for overheating issues. There are people who can probably diagnose much better than me, but if 5 seconds and shut off you may need to hold down the override while turning on for a good 10-15 seconds.

The ThermalWave we have in our company we had to move the computer outside the mount and pack it inside a cooler with some freeze packs otherwise it shuts off. As long as its cold it runs. Don't ask me what that means or why.

I'm assuming you already checked all the Usual Suspects such as fresh water box is full, fresh water float working properly, waste tank float working properly etc?

Here is a link to the manual.

Reactions: Chicoscleaning

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
Hey recently purchased a thermal wave m5 6500 hours on it ,and it run well ,very strong and steady for 3 days (9 hour non stop each day) but now only runs for about 5 seconds and it turns off
Any recommendations?
engine is a nissan so it should last...Ive got older engines and the only times they shut off its because one of the sensors does it. Maybe check if youre getting fuel. Did you replace fuel pump? Clean out fuel lines? Clean filter? I dont know if that unit has the same relay that makes it shutdown my 405 has done that.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Any recommendations?
If I recall correctly they had a big design flaw with an undersized cooling system and have over heating issues.

Most who had them years back had to move on

There might be a thread here somewhere.. one guy was able to retrofit a large exhaust fan to keep it cooler

mrg.mrg.

Oct 15, 2014
Real Name
zamir mejia
hmmm I wonder if they sell that efi system on it...and if I could put it on my perfomer which has carburetor. Probably expensive though

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
The company I worked at we put the computer in a freezer box with ice packs. Gave you about 6 good hours before it overheated.

Chicoscleaning

Jun 18, 2019
Real Name
Eliseo Torres Molina
engine is a nissan so it should last...Ive got older engines and the only times they shut off its because one of the sensors does it. Maybe check if youre getting fuel. Did you replace fuel pump? Clean out fuel lines? Clean filter? I dont know if that unit has the same relay that makes it shutdown my 405 has done that.
Thanks it was the high pressure sensor, not more problems after that