Thermal wave ii vortec no pressure!

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
430 bucks for a damn thermal valve, they should be strung up by their nutsacks for that crap absolutelyno way to justify that much money for a piece of brass. Id call Dultmier for a thermal valve and plumb it as needed
Yep makes no sense, I called emailed the warehouse yhats listed on the valve and they told me it cost several thousands to turn there equipment on to make them, so they wouldn't sell only 1 lol. Luckily got a guy sending one to me.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Will a house water softener yield the same results?
I would either buy one that is being sold for truckmounts or one that is for RV use. They do the same thing. Smaller ones have to be recharged more frequently so not really great for truckmounts. There are some RV models for a few hundred bucks that will work fine. You don't have to spend a grand for a water softener that will do just as well as those expensive models. The ones I'm talking about can be manually recharged fairly easily and it's not that big a deal once you learn the process. You only need rock salt you can buy locally cheap and water hardness test strips best bought on Amazon.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Yep makes no sense, I called emailed the warehouse yhats listed on the valve and they told me it cost several thousands to turn there equipment on to make them, so they wouldn't sell only 1 lol. Luckily got a guy sending one to me.
I'd say it's a fair bet that it was made especially for that machine and that it's proprietary. I've seen some crazy high dollar parts for my machine too. Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet to keep things going. I never could chew bullets very well though.:confused: Sometimes you can find a brand new replacement on E-bay so it's always worth a look.

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
I'd say it's a fair bet that it was made especially for that machine and that it's proprietary. I've seen some crazy high dollar parts for my machine too. Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet to keep things going. I never could chew bullets very well though.:confused: Sometimes you can find a brand new replacement on E-bay so it's always worth a look.
I got a guy that's sending me one plus I found out it was only to help heat the water faster not a safter measure for the water pump.

willoughby1

Dec 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Austin Willoughby
Business Location
United States
I would either buy one that is being sold for truckmounts or one that is for RV use. They do the same thing. Smaller ones have to be recharged more frequently so not really great for truckmounts. There are some RV models for a few hundred bucks that will work fine. You don't have to spend a grand for a water softener that will do just as well as those expensive models. The ones I'm talking about can be manually recharged fairly easily and it's not that big a deal once you learn the process. You only need rock salt you can buy locally cheap and water hardness test strips best bought on Amazon.
Yea I'm a diy retrofit kinda guy, I'm not spending thousand on specialty items that can be had for half that price if you buy them for a different application but retrofit it a bit. I'll look into the rv ones. I'll do a little more research but for now I'll only be running a couple maybe three days a week so a rv one would probably work perfect anyway!

Reactions: SRD

covecarpetcleaners

Dec 22, 2020
www.facebook.com
Real Name
justin baker
Its proprietary but I was looming at thermal relief valves that I may can make work. Its just a valve that opens at a certain temp. I'll get pics of my plumbing 2moro and a vid of it running. I basically have the water hose run right into the water pump and nothing running to the hose coming from the pressure regulator. If you look at the plumbing diagram the I dont have part 15 and I dont have the hose hooked up to the pressure regulator that would go to the water box. Just the feed line to water pump. All the plumbing for the heat echang3s is still hooked up.View attachment 87756