Thermal relief bypass cooler

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Routing the bypass water through this coil high in the recovery tank knocks down the water temperature before it hits the freshwater tank. It definitely can be done a little more elegantly, but this project was done solely with parts I had lying around. It's not super efficient, so blower intake temp isn't significantly increased either.
20180531_150832.jpg

In the winter when ground water temperature drops I will not use it and retain the heat, but in the summer it will do just enough.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Routing the bypass water through this coil high in the recovery tank knocks down the water temperature before it hits the freshwater tank. It definitely can be done a little more elegantly, but this project was done solely with parts I had lying around. It's not super efficient, so blower intake temp isn't significantly increased either.
View attachment 78019

In the winter when ground water temperature drops I will not use it and retain the heat, but in the summer it will do just enough.
Are they crapper donuts around your cooler

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The coil is hung in the tank with some 6 ga wire and I took some scrap heater hose and large hose clamps and put those around the coil. The idea was to protect it and keep it silent going down the road.

Reactions: keep it clean

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
View attachment 78019

Is there a lot of air flow in that compartment?