Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Looking for a drag wand. Anyone know where I can get one of these or have one for sale? I'll pay top dollar for a classic like this for my school.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Is it just me or does that think look eerily like a Zipper? T top handle, square handle, same wheels and block head? Love to get one for our school.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Half way there to a rotory , it dont pull you around or agitate .
If this thing can match up to a rotory in cleaning performance I would be shocked .
I do believe it is going to be the next light weight thing . Looking forward to demo the latest tool @ ICE .

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Half way there to a rotory , it dont pull you around or agitate .
If this thing can match up to a rotory in cleaning performance I would be shocked .
I do believe it is going to be the next light weight thing . Looking forward to demo the latest tool @ ICE .
A drag tool (like Zinger) , Zipper or Bonzer need agitation. I believe the Rotovac XL outclean them all.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Is it just me or does that think look eerily like a Zipper? T top handle, square handle, same wheels and block head? Love to get one for our school.
I can't see it very good, but it does remind of the Zipper. Looks like it was a very high quality tool. Only drag wand I ever used was on a little Mr. Steam portable I used for several years in a medical building I worked at. It was also built very well and worked petty decent. It made doing those huge hallways in that building go a lot easier.

I've only used one power brush made by Clarke. It was essentially a drag wand with a motorized brush. I got such abysmal results with it I basically gave it away to get rid of it. Perhaps I just didn't understand exactly the best way to use it. Sounded good in theory, but left the carpets sopping wet and yes I tried about everything you can to make it work. From what I can tell about this industry power brushes don't seem to be very popular and I'm thinking others may have had a similar experience.

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
I used my first Zinger in 1975, it was hooked up to a portable that did not have the power to run it.
In 1990, I sold them from my distributorship and also used them in my cleaning business.
Was not that great of a tool but more of a novelty. There is nothing really new just a lot of variations
of what was.
The best system I ever used was a Cimex with brushes and followed with a Drag Wand, my favorite was always the
Steam Genie, worked great and easy to use.

Here is what worked great for me for over 40 years. I did tons of work for mills and fiber producers.

Hope you find one, if that is what you want.

SAA

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I used my first Zinger in 1975, it was hooked up to a portable that did not have the power to run it.
In 1990, I sold them from my distributorship and also used them in my cleaning business.
Was not that great of a tool but more of a novelty. There is nothing really new just a lot of variations
of what was.
The best system I ever used was a Cimex with brushes and followed with a Drag Wand, my favorite was always the
Steam Genie, worked great and easy to use.

Here is what worked great for me for over 40 years. I did tons of work for mills and fiber producers.

Hope you find one, if that is what you want.

SAA
Steve then that's what I want! And thanks for the history.

TLC CARPET CLEANING

Dec 3, 2010
vermont
Real Name
Leon Turmel
Business Location
United States
Hi Rob, believe it or not I have one of those old Zingers sitting in my basement. I Don't know that it even still works. I think it's dead. I was gonna look at sometime, but have not had the time. I'm referring to the one you show in the pick with the two handles for control of the motor and spray bar speed.

Just sayin???

Jack

Oct 4, 2012
Washington
www.criticalcarpetcare.com
Real Name
Jack Jones
Business Location
United States
I used a zinger back in the 70s when I worked for a friend in Rock Springs, Wyoming. He had a Steamway Turbomatic truck mount with an 18" drag wand and when he got the zinger it ran circles around the drag wand, loved that thing. It's a lot like the CX15 only it needed to be plugged in to electricity to make the rotary work. The one thing I did like about it was it had jets in the front so you could get right up against the wall. Not sure who made it but it was state of the art in it's day.

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
At that early date, NSS was distributing them but I do not know if they manufactured them or just put their tags on it.

Straight up against a drag wand, it would outperform it but agitation with a Cimex and followed by a drag wand, that combo will far outperform the Zinger, proved it many times in large
areas of commercial carpet. One just does not get the proper soil suspension with just the water spray as it also pick it up so quickly. When compared with proper agitation, there just is not comparison.

Glad you liked it Rob.

SAA

Reactions: Jose Holguin

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall

There was one of these for sale on gumtree(Aussie Craigslist)
It's gone now....
It's a brush roll incorporated into a wand head....

ya Ive seen the Edic machines but too bulky and the cord could easily be replaced with a battery pack. I want something not much bigger than a wand with brush roll and battery pack mounted on the tube. Would dig deep like a crb and scrub more aggressively than shoes on a rotary

jack zerkie

Jun 27, 2008
cape coral florida
Business Location
United States
I have the new zipper spinner wow had the original and was very good but the new one scares the dirt out of the carpets.The new spinner zipper is so good that a old guy like me can clean all day and still fell great. And the carpets clean better than any time before using the same chems and same equipment and the new zipper.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I have the new zipper spinner wow had the original and was very good but the new one scares the dirt out of the carpets.The new spinner zipper is so good that a old guy like me can clean all day and still fell great. And the carpets clean better than any time before using the same chems and same equipment and the new zipper.
Jack do you clean mostly residential or commercial?

jack zerkie

Jun 27, 2008
cape coral florida
Business Location
United States
I do both and it works great on open areas I had a job where the people were older than I am , He was 94 and she was 91. The carpet was a white berber installed in 1986 and they said they didn't want to purchase new carpets. I had cleaned the carpets about 6 yrs past. That time I used a 175 roto first then extracted with my truckmount. The carpets were ok. This time the railroad tracks were so bad I said I would do the best I could. I pre treated the carpets with a hydroforce the used the new zipper roto to extract. The carpets were so clean the lady thought she had new carpets. The zipper removed all the black from the carpets and they were drier with the zipper. I think after 35 yrs of cleaning that I;m still learning and really enjoy cleaning carpets. Iv'e always worked alone except for the large jobs and have helper but I do the cleaning. Still enjoying life at the young age of 74 see I told you they were older. jz.

Jack

Oct 4, 2012
Washington
www.criticalcarpetcare.com
Real Name
Jack Jones
Business Location
United States
I do both and it works great on open areas I had a job where the people were older than I am , He was 94 and she was 91. The carpet was a white berber installed in 1986 and they said they didn't want to purchase new carpets. I had cleaned the carpets about 6 yrs past. That time I used a 175 roto first then extracted with my truckmount. The carpets were ok. This time the railroad tracks were so bad I said I would do the best I could. I pre treated the carpets with a hydroforce the used the new zipper roto to extract. The carpets were so clean the lady thought she had new carpets. The zipper removed all the black from the carpets and they were drier with the zipper. I think after 35 yrs of cleaning that I;m still learning and really enjoy cleaning carpets. Iv'e always worked alone except for the large jobs and have helper but I do the cleaning. Still enjoying life at the young age of 74 see I told you they were older. jz.
Ride on! I though I was just about the oldest guy on here at soon to be 66. Hope to quit at 70 or before though.

Reactions: rob allen

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
How big is your truckmount?