onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
More generally what is the value of used equipment? How do you determine the value?

More specifically, I have two hydramaster hydracat truckmounts that I am going to sell. I have taken one to a couple of special events at suppliers and I have had one person offer $100 for the complete system (mount, wastewater, freshwater, hose real, little giant, and propane tank) and laughed at me like in was an idiot for asking $4000. I had another person offer $1000. what do you guys think is a fair price to ask?

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
More generally what is the value of used equipment? How do you determine the value?

More specifically, I have two hydramaster hydracat truckmounts that I am going to sell. I have taken one to a couple of special events at suppliers and I have had one person offer $100 for the complete system (mount, wastewater, freshwater, hose real, little giant, and propane tank) and laughed at me like in was an idiot for asking $4000. I had another person offer $1000. what do you guys think is a fair price to ask?
Hydracats are worth about a grand... should have took it...

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Let's see a picture of the units. How old are they? How many hours? Are they in operating order?

As a general rule equipment is always worth more to the seller than the buyer.

Reactions: Omar

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
your trying to get the most from your equipment and carpet cleaners are trying to get the least for it

your right price may be in middle ground somewhere

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
3C inc Inventory 082.jpg

onfire_02_01

Apr 28, 2011
Minnesota
www.minnesotacandr.com
Real Name
Jeremy Gray
Business Location
United States
One is in complete working order, unsure of the age, it has aground 2000 hours on the engine, selling with lots of spare parts
The other has a broken piston on then engine due to the oil filter blowing off after an oil change, my dealer says he could fix it in about 1 day. Obviously this one will be sold cheaper.

Jan Sullins

Sep 17, 2008
Ok.City Oklahoma
Real Name
Jan Sullins
A Hydracat that is in good operating condition would be a very good deal for
someone . They were very simple machines. Using propane heaters with either
Little Giant or Palamo. Onan 18-20HP engines. Some were Kohler engines. They
had Sutorbilt 4M blowers mostly . Cat pumps . Engines were rebuildable . So if it is performing
well with good suction and high heat and pressure with flow with a belly propane
tank ,vac hose, pressure hose and a wand this would be likely be a good deal
up to $2000.00.