The truth about CET’s) Zippers, Bonzers, CX’s and Bentley Pro’s

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Yes they did and I had it for a week I don't know if you recall it about a year ago I have posted it here too, Man that thing was so hard to push and it was so tiring, I have returned it back for a full refund.
I wonder if Mytee will try it? If their unit glides fairly easy maybe it will work since you don't have to adjust for carpet heights.

Reactions: Fedri

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
You think CRB + Wand beats a rotary like the TRex Jr for residential?

No wand, with or without wheels, can match the shear cleaning capability of a rotary. Not even close.

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
In Fedris video the tool does look pretty cool, I like the head with the clear plate and u can hear its flushing well

But the clearance is too high with the way the vac line enters the head, there's so much furniture you won't be able to get under, even just the edge of that bed in the video u can't get under. What about walk in closets with shelves built in etc u gotta switch tools.

These type of tools just aren't made for residential. Wand is king
Sorry, you are right I agree that this tool will not have enough clearance to go under furniture all the way.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If you have a true high flow setup, wand can clean as good, what do you think @Jim Davisson?

If you can tick all the high performance boxes, yes a modded scrub wand will tote the mail. I am able to get 2.2 gpm to the floor with 450 psi keyed at the panel, high flow without high pressure and high lift vacuum that can lift the carpet off the floor <-- lifting on the back stroke pulls soil and hair fast with no glide. It takes some time to adjust to lifting, but you do so many less cleaning passes per hour/day/year with better/drier results it's worth it for my old bones.

6 flow TM wands at 1.25 gpm at any level of heat definitely can't compare to any rotary. They are entry level portable wands shipped with machines so the operator can't eff things up. I would retire/quit if I was forced to use one.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
No wand, with or without wheels, can match the shear cleaning capability of a rotary. Not even close.

I went Bank Rupp so I was not able to make this wand.

The Best Portable ETM Ever Designed - Eletric Truck Mount Portable | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forum

This here is a concept I thought of. When using a carpet cleaning wand to clean carpet, This shows a modified solution delivery system. The jets are to impact two side of the carpet fiber almost at the same time if the wand is moving with about 400 PSI to 800 PSI.
I want the jets to spray on the sides of the fibers, hoping that the fiber moves so the solution can hit the base of the carpet fiber with out penetrating the carpet backing.
Also, I think as I have not tested, the force should push out sand and soil that gets imbedded in the lower parts of the carpet fibers.
I also think that the flow of solution may build up on the ends. There needs to be small channels that goes from the solution delivery head to the intake vacuum head. The channels are on each end 4 total, to draw the build up of the solution at each end of the wand.

This is the reason I like the 1,200 PSI pumps with over 2.2 solution flow. I think this will clean carpet a lot better then some wands made today.
I also think the rotary carpet cleaning tools need high water flow and some times 500 PSI to get heavily soil carpeting cleaner.

To have fewer solution jets, I found a better jet where 8 jets may cover a 16 inch area or a 16 inch wand, 4 jets spraying one way of the other 4 jets.
As I have not tested , I be almost sure 8 jets can cover a span of the 12 inch wands.
It is also best to use 12" or even 14" wands with high powered portables.
See the jets below.

Scan_Pic0002-2.jpg

This here is a water jet, made of plastic and used for underground sprinkling. It is the best image I could find on line to show a better water jet.

If one like this type, like a flood jet with about 1/8 or 1/16 inch opening, enters the chamber on the side instead of the top, using about 1/2 less jets, custom made to apply a even spray on carpet, is probably easier to make and maintain then the original jets I had showing in drawing.
images9IFPXR07_zpscf2a7bab.jpg

TeeJet - Boomless Spray Nozzles

123qw_zpsb7a5eaec.jpg

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
The real truth about the tool used vs the carpet type and the soil level is the operators equipment capability, the operators choices employing said equipment and knowing the right tactics to address prior to the tool hitting the floor.

Brown out e.g. is a result of incomplete soil removal from the tool/equipment capability of choice at the base of the bundle and the wrong pH left on the fiber for the soil conditions. Do I think a rotary can out clean a scrub wand? No. Do I think 99.5% of cleaners are 1 dimensional and clean from the furthest point to the point of egress regardless of the carpets nap direction, yes. Does that affect soil removal, sure. Is it their fault, no. Nobody explained construction of the goods to them and how to clean bombed out stuff properly.

Bottom line is this for me. Do I think a pissy dual manifold, high pressure to achieve moderate flow, dual vacuum slot $2.5k tool cleans better than a scrub wand? Hell no! Do I think cleaning the goods in the best direction with a properly balanced tool with good chemistry matters, absolutely. How often do you clean carpet with or against the nap direction for premium results, are you triggering against the nap, what is your wand speed for your pressure and how many call backs are you fielding? Take all of the above for what it's worth, just consider what happens at the carpet interface first and foremost.

jeffexe

Dec 10, 2020
Real Name
jeff Helmer
I personally do not see what the hype of the Bentley pro is all about. Do not get me wrong, it is an interesting concept and probably works well for specific applications. However, If you do not specialize in Large heavily soiled commercial contracts, I do not believe this is an investment for your company.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
All those things considered Jim, how can a wand ever compete with the 150 cleaning passes a minute a rotary produces ?

I post this picture here often. This is a carpet I pretreated with BioPro and Pure02.

I crb and wand the carpet at 500 PSI.

Then, without reapplying chemical, used a rotovac 360i.

The results spoke for themselves.

Attachments

• Resized_123_1004(2).jpeg
    Resized_123_1004(2).jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 74

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
All those things considered Jim, how can a wand ever compete with the 150 cleaning passes a minute a rotary produces ?

I post this picture here often. This is a carpet I pretreated with BioPro and Pure02.

I crb and wand the carpet at 500 PSI.

Then, without reapplying chemical, used a rotovac 360i.

The results spoke for themselves.
I understand where you are coming from. Positive flow in concentrated areas immediately extracted trumps half ass flow swirling around and around.

I firmly believe flow and wand speed are tied together. Too fast or too slow don't get the same results.