The truth about CET’s) Zippers, Bonzers, CX’s and Bentley Pro’s | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

The truth about CET’s) Zippers, Bonzers, CX’s and Bentley Pro’s

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Ohh sorry. The one at home I ran 90 ft 2 inch all the way to the tool that dried so quick. The next day I ran 110 ft and took a little longer just about 2 hours, may be it was a basement.
Very impressive.
How long were your dry times with a wand? I have a Bonzer and when comparing it to a wand it appears to be twice as dry. Very little moisture on the fingers after 1 dry pass. The Bonzer is ok but after 30 years pushing a wand learning a new trick seems to be more aggravating than anything.
So is the Bentley easier to get used to?

Reactions: Fedri

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
  • Haha

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Very impressive.
How long were your dry times with a wand? I have a Bonzer and when comparing it to a wand it appears to be twice as dry. Very little moisture on the fingers after 1 dry pass. The Bonzer is ok but after 30 years pushing a wand learning a new trick seems to be more aggravating than anything.
So is the Bentley easier to get used to?
Yes indeed that's why I am very excited about this tool. I advertise 2-4 hours of drying time. I get great dry times as well with the wand because I always do an immediate dry pass on every wet pass plus I use the mytee Bentley that has the unique glide that gives the 'positive ventilation' for an unmatched water recovery. Not to mention good amount of CFM and lift with air leak free hose runs.

To tell you the truth I had both the zipper and the bonzer once upon a time. I was never able to get used to both of them because of the adjustment that I had to make to different carpet types. This tool doesn't have the adjustment and it really locks on the high pile carpets and you have to release some air from its vacuum release cuff to make the pushing easier.

I would suggest for you to wait for more reviews and videos. We are very slow lately, I don't have jobs with furniture. Yesterday I had an empty over a 1000 sqft basement with tiny closets. I used my wand to clean those small closets and continued the rest with the speed wand.
So far what I can see is that bigger homes with furniture this tool will be great but small tiny homes with furniture you will need the wand.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Maybe I just have too much experience with the wand, but hose management with a CET seems to be a bit more difficult than a wand so I just cant see the advantage of a CET in a home no matter which tool you use.

That being said, I just got a Zipper for the large commercial work and used it last night and today. Worked 3 hours last night and 11 hours today on the same office and dont feel tired at all. Still used the wand for really tight areas but a CET for open areas is the way to go.

About the Zipper vs Bonzer - I never used a Bonzer but saw a used one for sale when I was at Jon Don. The Zipper is SO much better made. Makes the Bonzer seem like a toy.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Agreed, a zipper is really nice to have on large commercial jobs. Its terrible for residential.

A nice high flush swivel wand is still the best for residential. Though I still believe in using a rotary extractor for most residential work.

Reactions: U. S. Vet.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
You can't beat a crb+ high flow swivel wand for residential.

Zipper is great for area rugs, leaves them dry almost completely and you don't have to have anyone stand on one end.

Zipper sucks for occupied residential.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
You can't beat a crb+ high flow swivel wand for residential.

Zipper is great for area rugs, leaves them dry almost completely and you don't have to have anyone stand on one end.

Zipper sucks for occupied residential.

You think CRB + Wand beats a rotary like the TRex Jr for residential?

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
i bought the mbp and this is my 4th day of using it with my etm. I got to tell you it is better then the zipper and the bonzer which i have used prev. Here is a vid when I was cleaning in a tight room.
to tell you it is better then the zipper and the bonzer which i have used prev. Here is a vid when I was cleaning in a tight room.

i am using this in homes on every job. it is too early to say anything but so far so great, at the end of the day i am not beat.
What is the water flow and psi your using, and how many CFM and HG?

Thanks.

Fedri, using

I have used 350 psi with a 2.2gpm pump. etm with 145 lift.

that emt seems low in numbers.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
You think CRB + Wand beats a rotary like the TRex Jr for residential?
Depends on what type of customers your getting, if your dealing with ultra nasty then no... nothing can flush better than a rotary

But most better paying customers with not disgusting homes no you can't beat the production and ease of CRB + swivel wand

Reactions: mrotto

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
In Fedris video the tool does look pretty cool, I like the head with the clear plate and u can hear its flushing well

But the clearance is too high with the way the vac line enters the head, there's so much furniture you won't be able to get under, even just the edge of that bed in the video u can't get under. What about walk in closets with shelves built in etc u gotta switch tools.

These type of tools just aren't made for residential. Wand is king

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
In Fedris video the tool does look pretty cool, I like the head with the clear plate and u can hear its flushing well

But the clearance is too high with the way the vac line enters the head, there's so much furniture you won't be able to get under, even just the edge of that bed in the video u can't get under. What about walk in closets with shelves built in etc u gotta switch tools.

These type of tools just aren't made for residential. Wand is king
Yes you are correct about the closets with shelves but this tool does go under furniture like chair or tables easily. This tool will minimize the wanding for me, if I have to switch tool for closets not a big deal.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
What is the water flow and psi your using, and how many CFM and HG?

Thanks.

Fedri, using

I have used 350 psi with a 2.2gpm pump. etm with 145 lift.

that emt seems low in numbers.
According to manufacturer specs I should have 380 cfm and 145 lift, this has proven to me with this tool that the power and suction is there, at home with 90 feet of hose 2 inch to the wand was 30 min of drying time and at work 110 feet of hose 2 inch to the wand was 2 hours of drying time this was a basement probably less of air circulation that is why must take longer. I am more about cfm not lift. However lift can't be less then 130 inches of lift. High lift with low cfm will not do anything at 150 ft of hose runs.

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Yes you are correct about the closets with shelves but this tool does go under furniture like chair or tables easily. This tool will minimize the wanding for me, if I have to switch tool for closets not a big deal.
Didn't Roto-vac make a wand handle set up for the Bonzer? Almost like a traditional wand tube with a handle and trigger.

Last edited:

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Didn't Roto-vac make a wand handle for the Bonzer?
Yes they did and I had it for a week I don't know if you recall it about a year ago I have posted it here too, Man that thing was so hard to push and it was so tiring, I have returned it back for a full refund.