The TMF Franchise Experience!

mexiclean

Oct 26, 2014
Real Name
Little Bear
Typically Owner Operated businesses have a hard time getting a fair value for their business because they aren't automated. Whoever comes along to purchase the business has to perform just as well as the previous owner in order to get the same results. Automation is key to building value in your business, and the only way you can do that is to get out of the truck.

Thank you.
Well said.

[email protected]

Apr 13, 2015
Will County, Illinois
Real Name
Steve Mentzer
Business Location
United States
I hate typos.

I wish TMF gave us the ability to edit

I'm pretty sure the ability to edit was removed to prevent people from deleting posts. There's a lot of valuable information on this site and some folks would prefer that the things they shared in the past be removed so they can charge for that knowledge instead :/ The lack of an edit function annoyed the crap out of me for some time, but I get why it's not there.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Training is always a good thing

I even enjoy listening to subjects that I am already very well versed on. Hearing other perspectives can sometimes create new ideas that you would have otherwise not thought of

Robs training isn't going to impact the industry as a whole, because it's to big and moving to fast for him or anyone else to have an impact that big

Even of his students the percentage will be small of those that embrace the concepts he teaches and applies them

Yes knowing is the first step, but the biggest step is DOING and you would be amazed how lazy (even people who think they want to start a business) are

Reactions: carpettom
Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
Tell us how you did it

Typically Owner Operated businesses have a hard time getting a fair value for their business because they aren't automated. Whoever comes along to purchase the business has to perform just as well as the previous owner in order to get the same results. Automation is key to building value in your business, and the only way you can do that is to get out of the truck.

It's all about how you establish your assets and assign the valuation for them.

Conventional wisdom limits thinking to just valuating the basic tangibles like equipment, cleaning contracts (database/client list)...etc.

But theres a WHOOOOOOOOLE nother level/layer of sophistication to putting your deal together.

I'll give you an unrelated example, look at companies in the dot.com boom, or today like Uber, Instagram, or whatsApp that have established valuations completely devoid of revenue.

I've said this a hundred times... business training you'll get will come from studying OTHER industries & those from OUTSIDE this industry.

Kipp (the lil prick) ...got maybe 99.9% of his Game from outside the industry.

That's why he accomplished things that are the exception to conventional industry "rules"... like Myself.

6'

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
I'm pretty sure the ability to edit was removed to prevent people from deleting posts. There's a lot of valuable information on this site and some folks would prefer that the things they shared in the past be removed so they can charge for that knowledge instead :/ The lack of an edit function annoyed the crap out of me for some time, but I get why it's not there.

Nah, years ago we would get in arguments and some people would go back and change what they said when no one was looking.