The TMF Franchise Experience!

mexiclean

Oct 26, 2014
Real Name
Little Bear
This is a great idea!

Why?

Because you don't have franchise start up costs or monthly dues.

ITS ACTUALLY CHEAP WHEN YOU CRUNCH THE NUMBERS.

You'll learn what's keeping every owner operator a simple man who bought himself a job and not a business.

You'll likely learn how to run a business.
A real business.

YES, A REAL BUSINESS.

You'll become a business owner and not an owner operator.

You'll oversee hand to mouth labor and learn how to keep them in the dark while they spend years working to make you money while your away on one of many vacations!!

It will likely be everything a FRANCHISE would teach you without being bound to territories, rules and restrictions.

What's more !!

You'll hopefully learn how to market your business and brand it so that one day you'll be able to sell a real business instead of selling your JOB and equipment.

Mardie

Oct 31, 2013
Real Name
Mardie VanBree
The great thing about offering classes is that you can create a rapport and get your hooks into all the newbies that participate so you can sell them websites, chemicals and equipment for as long as they are in business .

Nov 24, 2012
Real Name
The Canary
This is a great idea!

Why?

Because you don't have franchise start up costs or monthly dues.

ITS ACTUALLY CHEAP WHEN YOU CRUNCH THE NUMBERS.

You'll learn what's keeping every owner operator a simple man who bought himself a job and not a business.

You'll likely learn how to run a business.
A real business.

YES, A REAL BUSINESS.

You'll become a business owner and not an owner operator.

You'll oversee hand to mouth labor and learn how to keep them in the dark while they spend years working to make you money while your away on one of many vacations!!

It will likely be everything a FRANCHISE would teach you without being bound to territories, rules and restrictions.

What's more !!

You'll hopefully learn how to market your business and brand it so that one day you'll be able to sell a real business instead of selling your JOB and equipment.

Good ^^^^copy

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
The great thing about offering classes is that you can create a rapport and get your hooks into all the newbies that participate so you can sell them websites, chemicals and equipment for as long as they are in business .

Well duh...Robs not a philanthropist...who wouldn't look to monetize and maximize profits in their business?

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
That would be a mistake

Residual might look good on paper but the headaches wouldn't be worth it.

The classes are nice and clean, franchising creates unnecessary liabilities

Well that would be a completely different business. You wouldnt sell franchises to carpet cleaners.

You sell franchises to people who want to start a business and are looking for a niche.

skg

Oct 30, 2011
Real Name
Kurt Gardner
Business Location
United States
I think this is a great idea. Every time someone post a thread asking what they need to start a CC business it seems unanimous that everyone responds with Education and they are directed to IICRC classes.

I didn't have any experience in this industry before starting my business and I'll say after my CCT class I still didn't know much about cleaning carpet.

Some may be tempted by the franchise model but Rob does offer a healthy alternative!

I think the challenge may be reaching those that need it early on before they've blown their money on equipment, marketing, franchise fees, etc and have nothing left but to close up shop and give us all great deals on equipment.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Well that would be a completely different business. You wouldnt sell franchises to carpet cleaners.

You sell franchises to people who want to start a business and are looking for a niche.
That's correct. I found that out. It's a completely different clientele and mentality.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I think this is a great idea. Every time someone post a thread asking what they need to start a CC business it seems unanimous that everyone responds with Education and they are directed to IICRC classes.

I didn't have any experience in this industry before starting my business and I'll say after my CCT class I still didn't know much about cleaning carpet.

Some may be tempted by the franchise model but Rob does offer a healthy alternative!

I think the challenge may be reaching those that need it early on before they've blown their money on equipment, marketing, franchise fees, etc and have nothing left but to close up shop and give us all great deals on equipment.
True. And for the price of a rotary they can get an effective launch with a proven track record for success.

Reactions: MikeGaure

skg

Oct 30, 2011
Real Name
Kurt Gardner
Business Location
United States
These classes are exactly what I have been looking for in starting up my own business! The forums have been very helpful but I still have many questions.

TMF is a great resource but to extrapolate all the gold nuggets would probably take a lifetime.

[email protected]

Apr 13, 2015
Will County, Illinois
Real Name
Steve Mentzer
Business Location
United States
TMF is a great resource but to extrapolate all the gold nuggets would probably take a lifetime.

The search function on TMF is probably one of the most functional I've ever used on a forum. I usually dread sifting through non-sense results but this place makes it easy. I almost always find an answer to my questions without having to ask a thing :D

Reactions: admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
That would be a mistake

Residual might look good on paper but the headaches wouldn't be worth it.

The classes are nice and clean, franchising creates unnecessary liabilities

I was only messing around :)

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

mexiclean

Oct 26, 2014
Real Name
Little Bear
f49690e0802feb8b2292551db42a338b.jpg

[email protected]

Apr 13, 2015
Will County, Illinois
Real Name
Steve Mentzer
Business Location
United States
Typically Owner Operated businesses have a hard time getting a fair value for their business because they aren't automated. Whoever comes along to purchase the business has to perform just as well as the previous owner in order to get the same results. Automation is key to building value in your business, and the only way you can do that is to get out of the truck.