Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
It’s been a crazy couple months for me here.

About 2 months ago I had to go to the doctor for an infection I had and while there I mentioned I’ve been having a bit of a hard time breathing lately. The doctor asked some questions and then asked me if I could come in for an EKG the next morning.

So, next morning I go in for the EKG and as soon as the test is over the doctor comes in and says you are having a heart attack at this very moment and you need to get over to the hospital. I left there and drove over to the hospital where they did some tests on me and then sent me home.

Supposedly the test results were going to be sent to my doctor within hours. As it’s getting close to 5:00 I called the doctor and they said no results yet.

The next day went by and I called again, no results yet.

Finally 2 days later the doctors office calls while I’m in the middle of a job and said the doctor wants to see you at 7:00 am tomorrow. I asked what was going on and the nurse mumbled something about congestive heart failure.

So here I am all stressed. I look up congestive heart failure in the internet and basically find that once diagnosed with it that the life expectancy is quite short. I had a wonderful night of stress.

I go in to the doctor the next morning and they check my blood pressure and it was 185/130. I’ve never had high blood pressure, I’m always right around 120/80. Anyway, the doctor said “good news, the tests show you have not had a heart attack”. I didn’t think I had.

I then asked about congestive heart failure and he said I didn’t have that either. He did say the tests showed I had blood clots in my body again. He sent me for several other tests including a CT scan of my lungs and an ultrasound of my heart.

I finally saw the doctor again today, pretty much all good news. My heart is just fine and working exactly as it should, no clogged arteries, and all is well there. I do have blood clots in both of my lungs which explains some of the difficulty with my breathing.

We talked a bit more and basically came to the conclusion I’m an old fat man that’s out of shape. Not quite how he said it but it’s basically what’s going on. As I’ve had employees doing more of the work and me doing less I’ve basically become more unfit than I’ve been in the past.

So, the plan is now to lose weight and get in shape. (Isn’t that almost everyone’s New Years resolution). I have to do it now. The doctor has given me the green light to exercise and do what ever it takes to get into shape. (He had told me 2 months ago no exercise and take it as easy as possible)

Let me just say what a relief it is knowing things are ok. It was enough of a scare that I know I have to lose the weight this time or next time I won’t be so lucky.

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred

About 2 months ago I had to go to the doctor for an infection I had and while there I mentioned I’ve been having a bit of a hard time breathing lately. The doctor asked some questions and then asked me if I could come in for an EKG the next morning.

So, next morning I go in for the EKG and as soon as the test is over the doctor comes in and says you are having a heart attack at this very moment and you need to get over to the hospital. I left there and drove over to the hospital where they did some tests on me and then sent me home.

Supposedly the test results were going to be sent to my doctor within hours. As it’s getting close to 5:00 I called the doctor and they said no results yet.

Finally 2 days later the doctors office calls while I’m in the middle of a job and said the doctor wants to see you at 7:00 am tomorrow. I asked what was going on and the nurse mumbled something about congestive heart failure.

So here I am all stressed. I look up congestive heart failure in the internet and basically find that once diagnosed with it that the life expectancy is quite short. I had a wonderful night of stress.

I go in to the doctor the next morning and they check my blood pressure and it was 185/130. I’ve never had high blood pressure, I’m always right around 120/80. Anyway, the doctor said “good news, the tests show you have not had a heart attack”. I didn’t think I had.

I then asked about congestive heart failure and he said I didn’t have that either. He did say the tests showed I had blood clots in my body again. He sent me for several other tests including a CT scan of my lungs and an ultrasound of my heart.

I finally saw the doctor again today, pretty much all good news. My heart is just fine and working exactly as it should, no clogged arteries, and all is well there. I do have blood clots in both of my lungs which explains some of the difficulty with my breathing.

We talked a bit more and basically came to the conclusion I’m an old fat man that’s out of shape. Not quite how he said it but it’s basically what’s going on. As I’ve had employees doing more of the work and me doing less I’ve basically become more unfit than I’ve been in the past.

So, the plan is now to lose weight and get in shape. (Isn’t that almost everyone’s New Years resolution). I have to do it now. The doctor has given me the green light to exercise and do what ever it takes to get into shape. (He had told me 2 months ago no exercise and take it as easy as possible)

Let me just say what a relief it is knowing things are ok. It was enough of a scare that I know I have to lose the weight this time or next time I won’t be so lucky.
I am so glad you got good news. I am even happier that you have found the inspiration to do what you need to. Your a great man and you have a lot of friends hear that are pulling for you. May you sleep well from here on out!

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Glad things are looking up. Sometimes we dont change things until we have no choice. Hopefully in the near future you will feel better than ever and have many years left with your family.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
@Todd the Cleaner , This is a final warning sign. You're lucky you got one, many never get it. You know what you got to do, and you know what will happen if you don't do it. Good luck buddy. Stay strong, and stay the course.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
good to hear that it wasnt as serious Todd.

Get a second opinion though. My cousin (college baseball player) died of a catastrophic heart attack on our camping trip in 2017 while doing a moderate bike ride with my brother and sister.

He had a very minor heart attack a year earlier and had been through all the tests with his Dr. who cleared him to play sports at a college level again.

turned out the Dr.'s opinion was just his opinion, and the tests missed a major blockage on the backside of his heart, apparently this is actually pretty common.

almost the same thing happened with my dad, he had a heart attack then a stent put in... 1 month later had another heart attack and same thing blockage on backside of his heart that the Dr's missed... he survived and is doing well now.

both of these family members were in very good shape their whole lives.

The moral is always always get a 2nd opinion and even a 3rd ideally.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Cardiac caths are the best testing at this point. And look into juicing, I know those things taste horrible but there is documented medical evidence of juicing with vegetables that has stopped and even reversed clogged arteries. Western diet is simply horrible for heart health.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

I am really happy for you Todd, wishing you the best in loosing weight, be active but don't stress, be committing but don't give up. Be safe in this journey.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Stress test buddy. I had all the same tests but they also had me do the stress test. And they sent me some ekg through ups that you wear all day all night for couple weeks. It comes with what looks like an old cell phone. It records your heart rythem sending the info back to the cardiologist. Someone suggested second opinion. Ide take up that advise. Stress test is easy and reveals more then the ultrasound. That will give you better piece of mind. Lol you just have one hell of a headache after because you have no caffine or sugar in you for 24 hours. They give you all kinds of soda and iced tea afterwords.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Cardiac caths are the best testing at this point. And look into juicing, I know those things taste horrible but there is documented medical evidence of juicing with vegetables that has stopped and even reversed clogged arteries. Western diet is simply horrible for heart health.

Actually they taste really good if purchasing quality fruits/veggies and you got too follow recipes. Which veggies you use together make a difference.

Also purchase a quality juicer. Ours has an auger and slowly crushes the juices out.

Others have a spinning disc. You lose some nutrients that way due too heat. Also they don’t keep as long as the juices made by an augered machine. It’s time consuming and messy but it’s really good
EDA7C446-F0C9-4C62-88F3-77B07AE91FBE.jpeg
159D42CB-3058-433C-AADA-4918E4DB507E.jpeg

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States

Glad to hear it wasn't as bad as it originally began and I am hoping the opinion you received is very accurate like some others have alluded to.

Regarding your plan to lose weight and get in shape - what is your plan for doing so if you don't mind sharing?

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Like Johnny said you know what to do and tried before . Stick with it this time Pal !
Is there more stress now with 2 trucks and employees ? I know ONE employee stress's me out at times.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Actually they taste really good if purchasing quality fruits/veggies and you got too follow recipes. Which veggies you use together make a difference.

Also purchase a quality juicer. Ours has an auger and slowly crushes the juices out.

Others have a spinning disc. You lose some nutrients that way due too heat. Also they don’t keep as long as the juices made by an augered machine. It’s time consuming and messy but it’s really goodView attachment 84936View attachment 84937
"Where's the beef"
20190519_123041.jpg

Reactions: MikeGaure

The Cleaning Artist

Jun 20, 2008
Fl
Were you put on a blood thinner for the existing clots? Just being over weight doesn't cause them. I would be finding another doctor that specializes in deep vein thrombosis. Lucky for me my cardiologist does both and restores circulation to previously blocked off areas of the body saving limbs from amputation. Many patients in the lobby have told me all the other doctors just wanted to amputate. They still have all their limbs years later.
I am very up to date on the heart and circulation due to my own extensive problems.

Reactions: rob allen

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Man I’m glad your ok. Such scary stuff. When I was 28 my doctor gave me a ekg just thinking he may have heard a issue. It came back odd. I went to a cardiac dr. and the doctor basically blew me off saying I was to young to worry and the other dr was going way over board. About 8 yrs later my heart stopped. Hereditary issues.
Today I’m totally off all my medicine, blood pressure perfect, and I’m feeling better then I did 10 yrs ago. But please be careful. It’s really scary stuff and you realize just how precious and fragile life can be.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
we still est beef too lol. power of fresh juices thiugh is undeniable. old pic couple wks ago. ny steak n sausage set aside for breakfast. then a ny steak strips pinwheel with provolone and spinach. seared both sides for a few minutes then dropped in oven at 325 to bake for 15min. came out amazing

A8ABF7FA-AC3A-4569-AA74-0444E907670E.jpeg
028407F8-0450-465A-96AA-0C29716277EA.jpeg
D8374565-10DA-4318-BC93-F96DD3D896F3.jpeg
7A1ECAAD-9C25-4796-ACD4-6F6D3A03F1D3.jpeg
5D449980-A649-4C4A-B6EB-D8724DD50338.jpeg

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
we still est beef too lol. power of fresh juices thiugh is undeniable. old pic couple wks ago. ny steak n sausage set aside for breakfast. then a ny steak strips pinwheel with provolone and spinach. seared both sides for a few minutes then dropped in oven at 325 to bake for 15min. came out amazing

View attachment 84951View attachment 84952View attachment 84953View attachment 84954View attachment 84955
Man that looks good. I cant eat plants though. Ill cook with them but i have to remove them before eating lol.

Reactions: MikeGaure