The new TMF Profire and Starfire Truckmounts! (Vids included) | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

The new TMF Profire and Starfire Truckmounts! (Vids included)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What would be your "go to" for CGD / Commercial type of cleaning?
Unless it’s a greasy spoon restaurant I use an Orbot Vibe or Life machine. Nothing delivers better cleaning results, appearance retention and shear amount sq foot coverage. Encap is king of CGD. HWE is king of residential.

Now if you only want to HWE, a Bonzer, Zipper or If you are referencing a rotary, the RX 20 with glides can’t be beat.

magkcrptguy

Feb 7, 2012
colorado
Real Name
kacy williams
Business Location
United States
Know what I gathered form this new rabbit hole?? ...that a 2" hose maxes out at 200cfm.

I cant say I know this to be true but this has been revealed as fact by a couple people that are big influencers.

So, too complicate matters further (LOL), does this void all this cfm talk??
Here's a link to a little video by Rob Allen that completely disproves that. I keep hearing the 200 cfm thing but his own video shows a 45 blower machine running at 3350 cfm through 100 ft of 2 inch hose pulling 310 ish cfm . When he sets up the dual 2 inch hose for 50 ft then a 50 foot single 2 inch, it's reaching 450 cfm. That being said, it shows that it is not a "high lift" machine because he shows the lift gauge maxing out at 15HG. Where did all this 200cfm stuff come from? Picture this, you have a 400cfm machine with 12HG lift...or a 50 cfm machine with 35HG lift, which would you chose? It would take several minutes for the high lift machine to do any good and even then, it wouldn't be much good at all. Running water through the blower is not necessarily a bad idea, but you should at least avoid using a carbon steel silencer knowing it is going to get wet from both the blower as well as condensation from the heat exchangers and will definitely rot out.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Here's a link to a little video by Rob Allen that completely disproves that. I keep hearing the 200 cfm thing but his own video shows a 45 blower machine running at 3350 cfm through 100 ft of 2 inch hose pulling 310 ish cfm . When he sets up the dual 2 inch hose for 50 ft then a 50 foot single 2 inch, it's reaching 450 cfm. That being said, it shows that it is not a "high lift" machine because he shows the lift gauge maxing out at 15HG. Where did all this 200cfm stuff come from? Picture this, you have a 400cfm machine with 12HG lift...or a 50 cfm machine with 35HG lift, which would you chose? It would take several minutes for the high lift machine to do any good and even then, it wouldn't be much good at all. Running water through the blower is not necessarily a bad idea, but you should at least avoid using a carbon steel silencer knowing it is going to get wet from both the blower as well as condensation from the heat exchangers and will definitely rot out.
agree on the false narrative of only 200 cfm through a 2" hose.....

If this were true no one would buy anything but a portable with 200 cfm.

Why would TM manufacturers that have been around for 50-60 years make 40-60k$ TM that claim to get 600-700 cfm if they didnt give more vacuum through the hose than a portable.

I bigger engine and a bigger blower always gives more vacuum and better dry times according to rpm's

Where did the 200 cfm limit come from???
GRANDMAS ROAST end cut.....
Why??
cause thats what her mom did
and her mom before her....
and her mom before her......

Last edited:

ology

Feb 19, 2010
USA
Real Name
B R
Business Location
United States
We rarely do the claw either since using Unchained. Stage 2 and no call backs!
So would you use this like OSR? I usually mix it in a 5 gallon bucket then water claw it. Take's forever to get each spot, would love to have something I could just spray down then extract out as part of a standard cleaning. I use a RX-20 for most urine jobs.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
agree on the false narrative of only 200 cfm through a 2" hose.....

If this were true no one would buy anything but a portable with 200 cfm.

Why would TM manufacturers that have been around for 50-60 years make 40-60k$ TM that claim to get 600-700 cfm if they didnt give more vacuum through the hose than a portable.

I bigger engine and a bigger blower always gives more vacuum and better dry times according to rpm's

Where did the 200 cfm limit come from???
GRANDMAS ROAST end cut.....
Why??
cause thats what her mom did
and her mom before her....
and her mom before her......
I got that from Joe Bristor back in the day. Not sure the exact accuracy. I’d like to do some further testing now that I am older and wiser.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
Where can YOU get the TMF Starfire & Profire installed/worked on in USA? With over 130+ locations, you can now get them installed at any Hotsy location! This has been the #1 question everyone has asked, our sale we just made will be installed next week at one of their locations. No need for Jondon/Aramsco/Interlink anymore, go to your local Hotsy for this, PLUS TMF will have a West Coast location very soon!

• Love
Reactions: rob allen