The new TMF Profire and Starfire Truckmounts! (Vids included)

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Raising or lowering the trigger hand as needed is how most have always done it. Glides clog and don't dry carpets faster, but make up for it by being easier to use if you only want to push and pull a wand. Good form on presprayed carpet with no glide is similar enough and no glide penalty. Everyone is different and we all get good results our way.

Well I'm a big wussy anyways who normally cleans with rotaries

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

Once you clean with a myriad of different types of equipment, tools and various combinations of the above you will decide on what takes up space in the van and what isn't worth the real estate. The only way to really know is to try things and give them a fair shake. Curmudgeons like myself look in the filter and recovery tank to measure results. Some need multiple corded tools every job to do it with their equipment, some just don't for equal results.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Can't hate on rotaries. No human can match the sheer cleaning power of a rotary. A wand, with or without glides, cannot physiollogically do or keep up with a rotary that does 300-700 cleaning passes per minute. Rotaries may have taken a back seat to CET''s, CRB's and swivel wands as they are the current rage. But they have not taken a back seat to cleaning performance. Probably never will.

Reactions: ology and ACP

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Can't hate on rotaries. No human can match the sheer cleaning power of a rotary. A wand, with or without glides, cannot physiollogically do or keep up with a rotary that does 300-700 cleaning passes per minute. Rotaries may have taken a back seat to CET''s, CRB's and swivel wands as they are the current rage. But they have not taken a back seat to cleaning performance. Probably never will.

I go #4 or #5 on my 12" rotovac, I guess 100 to 150 cleaning passes per minute.
I think with good lift and water flow, the rotaries weight cusses a really tight seal on the carpet, pulling out deep soils with most of the water.

With high speeds, 700 RPMs, I do not think the vacuum works as well. Like Hydroplaning. And the water pressure does not go as deep in to carpet unless you increas water pressure. Fast RPMs goes too fast to draw deep soil out like a slower RPM

Reactions: rob allen

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States

Oh I agree, I've tried everything except a Bonzer at this point and rotary wins hands down

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I think with good lift and water flow, the rotaries weight cusses a really tight seal on the carpet, pulling out deep soils with most of the water.

With high speeds, 700 RPMs, I do not think the vacuum works as well. Like Hydroplaning. And the water pressure does not go as deep in to carpet unless you increas water pressure. Fast RPMs goes too fast to draw deep soil out like a slower RPM

That’s a good observation Greg. Maybe why a lot guys swear the old Rotovac Powerwand our cleans most everything. It is a bit heavy and cleans slow but maybe that’s why.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Nothing cleans a nasty poly better than a rotary

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
That’s a good observation Greg. Maybe why a lot guys swear the old Rotovac Powerwand our cleans most everything. It is a bit heavy and cleans slow but maybe that’s why.
The old powerwand scrubs and cleans like crazy but water recovery is sub par imo, very easy to overwet with that tool if your not careful.

I played with a new awsome version at rotovac they supposedly were releasing this last spring but it never surfaced. 10in heads, was so cool

ology

Feb 19, 2010
USA
Real Name
B R
Business Location
United States
If they are running at 3000, then that means they are running the blower at 3000 rpm since it's direct coupled.

A Roots 45 at 3000 rpm and 16" of lift is getting around 255 CFM, according to the Roots site. 14' of lift puts it around 280 CFM.

Tuthill and Sutorbilt numbers are about identical.

This TMF machine stats are based on the motor and blower running at 100%.

Why not just slow it down?

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
20160206_111207.jpg
20160206_111207.jpg

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
A Rotary makes it seem like I didn't vacuum. Amazing.

I've only had my rotary for a few weeks and I'm still trying to speed up. It cleans better than anything else, but I'm really slow with it.

Perhaps I can help. We keep rotaries on each truck and I teach my guys to use them only downstairs on the high traffic patterns. Then wand everything else in. Most dirt is tracked in to the lower floor, pivot points and major traffic patterns. A rotary is overkill everywhere else imo.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Perhaps I can help. We keep rotaries on each truck and I teach my guys to use them only downstairs on the high traffic patterns. Then wand everything else in. Most dirt is tracked in to the lower floor, pivot points and major traffic patterns. A rotary is overkill everywhere else imo.
I agree, only in urine situations is it ever needed upstairs.

One thing I will say is we never use water claws anymore... we tested side by side on a dozen or so jobs and using a rotary with slow passes vs water clawing each and every spot the rotary was superior and much much faster.

I remember doing urine jobs and water canning each spot then water claw lol so slow

Reactions: Swani21

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I agree, only in urine situations is it ever needed upstairs.

One thing I will say is we never use water claws anymore... we tested side by side on a dozen or so jobs and using a rotary with slow passes vs water clawing each and every spot the rotary was superior and much much faster.

I remember doing urine jobs and water canning each spot then water claw lol so slow

We rarely do the claw either since using Unchained. Stage 2 and no call backs!

Reactions: ACP

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
What would be your "go to" for CGD / Commercial type of cleaning?

Reactions: Prestigecarpetclean