The new TMF Profire and Starfire Truckmounts! (Vids included) | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

The new TMF Profire and Starfire Truckmounts! (Vids included)

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
My honest observation
Love the idea of no hoses to bust, but I worry about the compression fittings and vibration (anyone ever had a steel tube line on a wand get bumped just right and start leaking?) i worry about a "computer diagnostic unit" and vibration (remember the computerized prochem units), not sure about a 56 (5 to 600cfm?)and 40+ pricetag? 60 year manufacturer needs to learn how to lay down a decent weld those welds are sooo ugly;)
However love all stainless, love love kubota engine, love the stainless tubing lines (if vibration isnt an issue), love the computer diagnostics (if vibration, moisture and heat arent an issue, and its an actual industrial control center and not a cheesy all in one). Love the idea of the ability to get bigger waste and freshwater tanks and the ability to have a belly tank on a "big" unit. Blower intake looks like it has plenty of flow as long as the discharge isnt choked to build more heat.
My 1st initial thoughts

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
My honest observation
Love the idea of no hoses to bust, but I worry about the compression fittings and vibration (anyone ever had a steel tube line on a wand get bumped just right and start leaking?) i worry about a "computer diagnostic unit" and vibration (remember the computerized prochem units), not sure about a 56 (5 to 600cfm?)and 40+ pricetag? 60 year manufacturer needs to learn how to lay down a decent weld those welds are sooo ugly;)
However love all stainless, love love kubota engine, love the stainless tubing lines (if vibration isnt an issue), love the computer diagnostics (if vibration, moisture and heat arent an issue, and its an actual industrial control center and not a cheesy all in one). Love the idea of the ability to get bigger waste and freshwater tanks and the ability to have a belly tank on a "big" unit.
My 1st initial thoughts
I like the smart gauge and no hoses. If swagelok fittings are used I'm onboard with them, parker distant second. The 56 at 20 inches and cooled is a monster, no need for more. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Yeah thats kind of my thought - I already have 2 hour dry times with the Apex 570 - the 20 inches of lift is almost scary to me in a way - as in too much lift could mean not enough airflow at the wand? I'd love to come down to Virginia for a few days and test this bad boy out in the field with different equipment.

As a 5 year veteran in the industry I haven't found much use for dual wanding (is it perhaps ignorance on my part?) as I've timed jobs where just having two trucks we got the job done faster. However, as Rob pointed out, many machines aren't "true" dual wand machines so maybe this machine corrects that problem?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I like the smart gauge and no hoses. If swagelok fittings are used I'm onboard with them, parker distant second. The 56 at 20 inches and cooled is a monster, no need for more. Just my thoughts.
Ya @jimdavisson im inclined to agree with you 20 inches would be a different monster for sure, not to mention if its completely free flowing without restriction on either end that would make a big difference, plus the waste tank design may help as well

Reactions: Jim Davisson

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Yeah thats kind of my thought - I already have 2 hour dry times with the Apex 570 - the 20 inches of lift is almost scary to me in a way - as in too much lift could mean not enough airflow at the wand? I'd love to come down to Virginia for a few days and test this bad boy out in the field with different equipment.

As a 5 year veteran in the industry I haven't found much use for dual wanding (is it perhaps ignorance on my part?) as I've timed jobs where just having two trucks we got the job done faster. However, as Rob pointed out, many machines aren't "true" dual wand machines so maybe this machine corrects that problem?
20" hg would be beneficial in cleaning and water damage as long as theres enough cfm to clear the wand and line. Certain situations dual wanding can be a real help with production id rather have the option than not

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
My honest observation
Love the idea of no hoses to bust, but I worry about the compression fittings and vibration (anyone ever had a steel tube line on a wand get bumped just right and start leaking?) i worry about a "computer diagnostic unit" and vibration (remember the computerized prochem units), not sure about a 56 (5 to 600cfm?)and 40+ pricetag? 60 year manufacturer needs to learn how to lay down a decent weld thise welds are sooo ugly;)
However love all stainless, love love kubota engine, love the stainless tubing lines (if vibration isnt an issue), love the computer diagnostics (if vibration, moisture and heat arent an issue, and its an actual industrial control center and not a cheesy all in one). Love the idea of the ability to get bigger waste and freshwater tanks and the ability to have a belly tank on a "big" unit.
My 1st initial thoughts
Ya @jimdavisson im inclined to agree with you 20 inches would be a different monster for sure, not to mention if its completely free flowing without restriction on either end that would make a big difference, plus the waste tank design may help as well
Steam Action (the obvious manufacturer of these machines) have been doing the high lift thing forever. They get the high lift by injecting fresh water in the blower so they can run it harder without it burning up.

So, this high lift thing isn’t new to the TMF machines at all. Why haven’t the big companies gotten behind the high lift thing?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I guess water injection for higher lift is a proven thing, just goes against my dna to knowingly inject water into a blower. But like you said it is a proven thing. Anyone know of any corrosion issues doing this?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Steam Action (the obvious manufacturer of these machines) have been doing the high lift thing forever. They get the high lift by injecting fresh water in the blower so they can run it harder without it burning up.

So, this high lift thing isn’t new to the TMF machines at all. Why haven’t the big companies gotten behind the high lift thing?
Short hose run residential cleaners don't need high lift.

Reactions: Fedri and Chris K

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Didnt a manufacturer that shall not be named at some point have roots come out and test a machine of his that pumped out thru the blower and give it the thumbs up?

Reactions: Jim Davisson

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Guess if you werent cool with it you could dial back the hgs and shut the injection off right?

Reactions: rob allen

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I guess water injection for higher lift is a proven thing, just goes against my dna to knowingly inject water into a blower. But like you said it is a proven thing. Anyone know of any corrosion issues doing this?
Stoddard silencers (I grew up 15 minutes from there) makes special water cooled silencers for high lift applications. CC's are just one industry that can utilize the potential of a pd blower and we aren't #1.

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
Guess what machine has 20” of lift?

The Amtex Prowler 14 HP. No waste tank to soak up vacuum and the dirty water goes directly through the 33 blower. I tried one and it has a ton of lift, but no CFM. The wand locks to the carpet (lift) but doesn’t dry well because of the low CFM. I know this new machine has much more CFM, but still. For the same money I can get an Apex 570 with just 14” of lift but 450 CFM, which is probably 100 CFM more than the 45 blower on this new machine running at 3k rpm.

Plus, I get the bulletproof Kubota motor.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Stoddard silencers (I grew up 15 minutes from there) makes special water cooled silencers for high lift applications. CC's are just one industry that can utilize the potential of a pd blower and we aren't #1.
Intake silencers?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
this TM is sold as a lifetime TM!!!!

thats a big sales point as most TM are sold like a car that will only last 15-20 years

I know very few TM that are over 20 years old.....
as the big 3 wont carry parts for them.....
prochem and hydramaster as an example...

also many of the custom made TM go out of business and cannot be fixed.....

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Guess what machine has 20” of lift?

The Amtex Prowler 14 HP. No waste tank to soak up vacuum and the dirty water goes directly through the 33 blower. I tried one and it has a ton of lift, but no CFM. The wand locks to the carpet (lift) but doesn’t dry well because of the low CFM. I know this new machine has much more CFM, but still. For the same money I can get an Apex 570 with just 14” of lift but 450 CFM, which is probably 100 CFM more than the 45 blower on this new machine running at 3k rpm.

Plus, I get the bulletproof Kubota motor.
Thats the manufacturer that shall not be named i was talking about :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Everyone has their likes and dislikes with manufacturers for me it only takes owning one to sour my opinion, my 870 30+ grand has a little over 500 hours on it and the frame has rust where powder coat has bubbled and flaked (were meticulous about wiping down the machines) randomly blowes white smoke and burns a quart of oil or more between oil changes started doing it about a month out of warranty. Personally i wont own another legend brands product, they look pretty but plastic and truckmounts dont mix well for me id rather have functionality and longevity than pretty