The new TMF Profire and Starfire Truckmounts! (Vids included)

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I must've worded it wrong.

I meant, if higher than 13"-14" of lift was a massive benefit, I believe Hydramaster and Legend Brands would be manufacturing TMs pulling larger amounts of lift.

They aren't, so I wonder about its validity.
Ahhhh, the light bulb has popped on above my noggin. Eureka - "I have gotten it"!

ology

Feb 19, 2010
USA
Real Name
B R
Business Location
United States
They could move up the lift, all the blowers they use can. My friend just bough the new Everest 870 for $36k and we adjusted lift to 14" and the engine started to bog down. The engine is the same 57hp kubota with I think that blower is a 4.9. But bottom line the Kubota was not enough power to push the higher lift with out bogging down the motor. I have a SteamAction with the same blower and moved mine down, one was rusting out my blower and silencer running water into it, and two used a lot more gas. Set mine to 14" but most the time when I look at the gauge its reads around 10-12, unless I'm using over 300ft of hose. I due use a high flow prefilter and 2.5" hose.

ology

Feb 19, 2010
USA
Real Name
B R
Business Location
United States
Looking at the specs the 870 is running at 2400 rpm's, with the blower at 3580 rpm's at 13" making 530 cfm's. When we bumped his up to 15" what the blower can do we lost about 100 cfm's. With my SA at 2800 rpm's at 14" I'm getting 470 cfm's.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I'm sure there are a lot of rules in Physics operating here that many of us haven't considered or quite understand.

@rob allen what CFM is your machine producing at this 20 HG scenario with 2 inch hose and wand attached?

Reactions: SRD

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Cris K.

Others

Yall are hurting your heads way to much..........

Yall forgot one minor little detail that wrecks all this concerning you are doing......

Do you clean the same carpets with the same pile and same base material on every job you do???????.........

Naw did't think so.

So yeah......

All this trashin you be doin....\

kinda silly man..........

Every wand and machine is gonna perform differently depending on the surface you are cleaning and the ability for the tool to lock on to that material while still moving air......

Seriously...........

You are hurting yourself trying to be smart......

ITs about preferences.

We all have our own personal preferences.

Every job is different.

There is no one perfect set up.

With every job being different there is no math equation that describes the ideal machine and performance that you can hold onto and call it panacea......................

ology

Feb 19, 2010
USA
Real Name
B R
Business Location
United States
My theory on TM's is get the biggest you think you will need. You can always adjust your heat, lift, cfm's, ext. down to do the most delicate fabric or up for a 600 ft run for a movie theater. But you cant make a small TM go up, why I like Steam Actions personally, you wont find a bigger machine then these. Now repairing it and repairing my Prochem different story, but I don't mind getting my hands dirty. If you have no mechanical ability not sure the SA is the best fit, if you can turn a wrench go for it.

Reactions: SRD

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
looking at specs and actually operating the machine are two different things. If your going to spend the money GO USE ONE!
Exactly

Too many folks worried about the machine and pre sprays.............

None of these same cats ever want to talk about business......

Its kinda ironic............

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Anyone is welcome to come here and ride along with me or my techs to spin the Starfire or Profire.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Our experience has been all Chinese blowers, including Eurus, can’t handle the high lift or restricted cfm. That’s why they can’t run on full throttle with one wand. Mull that over for a bit.

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Our experience has been all Chinese blowers, including Eurus, can’t handle the high lift or restricted cfm. That’s why they can’t run on full throttle with one wand. Mull that over for a bit.
What fails on the eurus blowers lobes, seals, bearings all of the above@RobAllen? Curious cause my 870 has eurus blower on it

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If you use a machine built for performance that's setup right, here's what you find out. You are 15-25%+ faster, you perform less labor, results are better and easier than industry standard machines. Because you are faster you put less hours on the meter every day, week, year.

There's nothing wrong with a stocker off the shelf machine if you are killing it in sales and are profitable. My little brother is not on any social media whatsoever, but if you ask him to run an industry standard machine without all the stops pulled out he would just quit. After Christmas we are putting his 6500+ hr 20 hp Kohler on the shelf and installing the same motor in it's place. Even he said his 16 year old TM runs to good with zero sensors to start all over again.

TimH

Sep 4, 2014
Real Name
Tim Hall
Regardless of the blower pulling the engine down a couple hundred rpms under load if your starting at 3600 that drags you to 3400, if your starting at 2800 and it drags you down to 2600 your still running slower meaning less cfms, less horsepower, less air cooling your motor, less everything
It kills me the MANUFACTURER, you know the people that DESIGN, BUILD, SELL, AND WARRANTY these engines tell you 3600 rpms is better for the engine and people wanna say ya but i feel "running a motor under a load at max rpms will lower the life, doesnt matter what people feel or what their opinions are the MANUFACTURER says the opposite.....ill go with the manufacturers opinion on the matter

That’s the thing. They do not recommend running at 3600 rpm. They only claim that 3600 rpm is max. Why do you think that virtually all truckmounts manufacturers actually either over drive the blower ( running at a lower motor speed, but maximum blower speed) or underdrive the blower ( meaning they accept a lower cfm as a trade off). Direct drive slide ins such as the el Diablo actually has rpm at 3000, plus or minus 100. Depending on the load that is on the motor, it does, without question affects the life.

TimH

Sep 4, 2014
Real Name
Tim Hall
Rob. I have a 47 blower tm, belt drive at 1:1. With the wand on the carpet, I’m between 15-18 inches of lift. The eurus is just fine, and actually handles lift better than my previous roots. It also has a superior warranty... even though I’ve never needed it

Reactions: mrotto

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
That’s the thing. They do not recommend running at 3600 rpm. They only claim that 3600 rpm is max. Why do you think that virtually all truckmounts manufacturers actually either over drive the blower ( running at a lower motor speed, but maximum blower speed) or underdrive the blower ( meaning they accept a lower cfm as a trade off). Direct drive slide ins such as the el Diablo actually has rpm at 3000, plus or minus 100. Depending on the load that is on the motor, it does, without question affects the life.

Reactions: TLC CARPET CLEANING

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Its easy to get that way @Chris K , like mama fen said lift and cfm compliment each other its about finding the sweet spot highest lift without cfms suffering it takes both to get water out of the carpet. If i can remember correctly a roots spec chart at one time put it between 12 and 14 hg. However if you could pull 20hg and still have sufficient cfms to evacuate the water i cant help but feel that would be something to contended with.
Know what I gathered form this new rabbit hole?? ...that a 2" hose maxes out at 200cfm.

I cant say I know this to be true but this has been revealed as fact by a couple people that are big influencers.

So, too complicate matters further (LOL), does this void all this cfm talk??

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
A lot of carpet you guys clean will allow for air to flow thru the pile easily from underneath, even so that an unglided wand won't even lock down.

Some carpet will not and wand will lock hard unless glided.

Your not always going to be at 20in lift.

Don't over think it, this machine Rob made will clean the shit out of some carpet.

The only machines I would ever buy
- Judson
- Steam Action/robs tmf
- Relia built
- Aero tech.