The new TMF Profire and Starfire Truckmounts! (Vids included) | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

The new TMF Profire and Starfire Truckmounts! (Vids included)

Kxp

Nov 28, 2017
Real Name
Kenneth Pena
I used it for awhile before the blower went on it the heat was great but all those hoses and solenoids gets me a little worried about having to fix it

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
the 805 is one heck of a machine. how you heat the water is up to you.

it should last a lifetime.

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
I'm about to buy a new TM, but this lift thing has me all discombobulated. I was all set on the 570.

I am also too indecisive and researchy.

• Haha
Reactions: SRD

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I'm about to buy a new TM, but this lift thing has me all discombobulated. I was all set on the 570.

I am also too indecisive and researchy.
I love details - perhaps too much. So heed a warning from someone who goes down the rabbit hole a bit more often than she should - at the end of the day, what matters is whether your watch tells you the right time. Now how it was made.

Go with your gut, not your head, and it will make you a happy camper.

Reactions: Swani21 and Chris K

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Its easy to get that way @Chris K , like mama fen said lift and cfm compliment each other its about finding the sweet spot highest lift without cfms suffering it takes both to get water out of the carpet. If i can remember correctly a roots spec chart at one time put it between 12 and 14 hg. However if you could pull 20hg and still have sufficient cfms to evacuate the water i cant help but feel that would be something to contended with.

Reactions: Chris K

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
My gut tells me to buy something that is built by a multi-million dollar company, engineered by actual engineers and has a distributor an hour away in case it stops working.

But... it only runs at 13" of lift! Never knew this left thing was a thing!

This is how my squirrel brain works....

Reactions: Sabyl Nate

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
Again, I feel like HM and LB would have figured out the lift thing if it was a thing.

If they could market a machine that claimed 1-2 hour dry times, they'd figure it out.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
My honest opinion Chris is you can't go wrong with either the Hydramaster 575 or the Apex 570.

Biggest deciding factor for me on the 570 with respect to the 575 is it will have a higher resale value, has cerakoted components (which trust me, this machine does not get nearly as ambient hot as other slide-ins I've used and I'm sure that will help extend the life), it has a belt cooling system so belts are replaced at 1,000 hours instead of 500.

The pump is also slightly more powerful at higher flow.

Reactions: Swani21 and Chris K

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
The thing about the Steam Action machines is that I read about owners loving their build quality and and service. I never read about how much they like the extra lift. I never see it mentioned in older posts.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I don't know about the Steam Actions - I plan on making a pilgrimage to Rob's shop at some point and demanding I go out for a day on one of his trucks with the ProFire in it and determining that for myself!

Reactions: admin and rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Its easy to get that way @Chris K , like mama fen said lift and cfm compliment each other its about finding the sweet spot highest lift without cfms suffering it takes both to get water out of the carpet. If i can remember correctly a roots spec chart at one time put it between 12 and 14 hg. However if you could pull 20hg and still have sufficient cfms to evacuate the water i cant help but feel that would be something to contended with.
As I was driving there last week I was mulling over the guys who prefer a higher CFM equation. So when I got there I asked could we install a direct high CFM port. They said good idea so we did. Let me tell you what, that port at the top right sucks like an inverted hurricane. It’s actually scary.

View attachment 88255

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Here’s a pic of the high CFM port.

IMG_9761.JPG

Reactions: DakotaG and SRD

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Again, I feel like HM and LB would have figured out the lift thing if it was a thing.

If they could market a machine that claimed 1-2 hour dry times, they'd figure it out.
What makes you think they haven't figured it out and have simply gone with the best all-round solution they could think of? I ask not from a stance of challenging you, but from genuine curiosity - specifically, what about their units seems 'not figured out'?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The thing about the Steam Action machines is that I read about owners loving their build quality and and service. I never read about how much they like the extra lift. I never see it mentioned in older posts.
Most don’t know why they work so well their just glad that they do.

Reactions: Chris K and SRD

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Gotta admit thats a sexy motherFR!!!stainless does it for me man :LOL:
I have to admit, the more I look at stainless the more I like it. Just says “I’ll outlast anything and strength”.

I have a feeling the “top 3” have a renewed love for Rob Allen.

• Haha
Reactions: SRD

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
What makes you think they haven't figured it out and have simply gone with the best all-round solution they could think of? I ask not from a stance of challenging you, but from genuine curiosity - specifically, what about their units seems 'not figured out'?
I must've worded it wrong.

I meant, if higher than 13"-14" of lift was a massive benefit, I believe Hydramaster and Legend Brands would be manufacturing TMs pulling larger amounts of lift.

They aren't, so I wonder about its validity.