The new TMF Profire and Starfire Truckmounts! (Vids included) | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

The new TMF Profire and Starfire Truckmounts! (Vids included)

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Oh I went there...no microbiology studies currently Mama, I'm having more fun with the study of these 61 fundamental particles of Leptons, Quarks and Gluons.

Particle physicists are a fun bunch!

And that's just Matter, only 5% of the Universe. This shit is going to get real interesting with Dark Matter and Dark Energy. I wonder if Nikola Tesla will eventually be proved right about the Aether...

• Love
Reactions: Mama Fen

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
How is your spring whether treating you. I have my phone set to a Princeville temperature, so I'm operating on 80° F every day. To be fair, temperatures around here are in 55- 60°, so I love it. I take anything above 30° any given day.
Spring has been ridiculous....rain one day the next extreme hot - hottest city in the world a week ago today 43C/110F then 60(brr cold)-75F all week
Almost like Mother Nature is pregnant

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Oh I went there...no microbiology studies currently Mama, I'm having more fun with the study of these 61 fundamental particles of Leptons, Quarks and Gluons.

Particle physicists are a fun bunch!

And that's just Matter, only 5% of the Universe. This shit is going to get real interesting with Dark Matter and Dark Energy. I wonder if Nikola Tesla will eventually be proved right about the Aether...
See, now you're giving me the brainiac equivalent of dirty talk. Are you TRYING to get me all hot and bothered...?

And I too am confused regarding the whole "only lasting 10-15 years" thing. Nowadays we're lucky to find a car that lasts that long (unlike the old days; my '68 Torino just keeps on keepin' on). And who really wants their business to remain the same for 10-15 years? Who is determined NOT to grow and change and change up their tools in over a decade?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Im not so much about a truckmount lasting 20 years, but if it will do 5 years or so troublefree that would be some next level stuff

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Careful, now, if you encourage him to promote his work and sell lots of units, he'll be next on the Big Evil Money-Grubbing Top Manufacturers Who Must Be Destroyed list...
Who? Lil ole me? Muhuhaha...

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
I'm simply trying to get some answers to a question I post a few times:

Admin said the 45 blower spins at 3600 rpm. Since the motor is attached by a shaft instead of a belt, that would mean the engine will be running at 3600 rpm to spin the blower at 3600 rpm.

Is this true? My guess is the engine is actually running around 3-3.2k rpm which means that's how the fast the blower will be spinning.

Also, how is heat regulated? I was given generalities, but not the process.

Titan 575, Apex 570, 370 and above regulate their heat by diverting the energy source (engine, blower, radiator if applicable) away from the HX when no more heat needs to be produced. That keeps the machine from bypassing perfectly good water into the waste tank.

I think I read where the new machines bypasses hot water to the fresh water tank, but that still means there are solenoids, etc doing all that.

I would much prefer having an exhaust diverter so that temperatures are actually being regulated instead of just getting rid of hot water that isn't needed.

Hope that made sense.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Kohler engine manufacturer said that running it at 3600 rpm’s is better than running it at lower RPMs. It also increases, not decreases engine life. It removes the spin in the equation making it run more balanced and the fan cools it better.

Yes increasing lift lowers cfm some bit would you rather have 18” lift at a little lower cfm or a little more cfm’s with 9” lift at the wand?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Kohler engine manufacturer said that running it at 3600 rpm’s is better than running it at lower RPMs. It also increases, not decreases engine life. It removes the spin in the equation making it run more balanced and the fan cools it better.

Yes increasing lift lowers cfm some bit would you rather have 18” lift at a little lower cfm or a little more cfm’s with 9” lift at the wand?
I'd love to see a test that proves this concept - something like filling up a 10 gallon waterbox and running the same wand, same hoses, etc off the same machines on the same carpet, same pump size/flow, and seeing which recovers faster and more water.

If the water recovered is only 5%-10% more its probably not SUPER worth the increase except for a lifetime of cleaning obviously.

Reactions: ology

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I'd love to see a test that proves this concept - something like filling up a 10 gallon waterbox and running the same wand, same hoses, etc off the same machines on the same carpet, same pump size/flow, and seeing which recovers faster and more water.

If the water recovered is only 5%-10% more its probably not SUPER worth the increase except for a lifetime of cleaning obviously.
How about 50 or a 100 gallon tank?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Whatever size you choose sir, the test would be valid in proving the point either way.

TimH

Sep 4, 2014
Real Name
Tim Hall
Rob. A little different. 3600 rpm is max with no load. Add a 45 blower direct couplered to it and the pump, you will drag it down considerably. Meaning you are no longer at max vacuum at the blower. In order to be at 3600 rpm at the blower, with the hoses, wand, attached, you must run the motor beyond max. Running the motor under constant load, at max will lower the life expectancy

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley

I’m with you, I’d like to finally know what’s what with the lift/CFM thing.

I don’t automatically side with the big TM companies, but I believe if they could safely market a TM that produces much faster dry times, simply by increasing lift, they would’ve done it. You know carpet cleaners would spend thousands more on a TM producing the dry times Rob claims, so Legend and HM would provide that if it made sense. It’s not like there’s something about vacuum those two companies aren’t familiar with.

There must be a reason they don’t do it.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Robs TM (Steam Action) with a new truck would outlast the XT. With the Aerotech you are putting a lot of wear on the engine and transmission. With Robs you are looking at a 6k engine vs a 15k engine. If Steam Action would just stick to one set up (same unit built more then a few years) fine tune the thing, get a support system for repairs, would be the best TM made.
I do a lot of residential where parking isn’t a problem. Plenty of space. I love the Aerotech layout and looks to me like a well thought out system where I can carry everything without a whole other engine to care for. It’s a huge billboard on wheels. If I decide I wanna clean for the next 20 years full time I’d consider getting one.

Reactions: ology

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I’m with you, I’d like to finally know what’s what with the lift/CFM thing.

I don’t automatically side with the big TM companies, but I believe if they could safely market a TM that produces much faster dry times, simply by increasing lift, they would’ve done it. You know carpet cleaners would spend thousands more on a TM producing the dry times Rob claims, so Legend and HM would provide that if it made sense. It’s not like there’s something about vacuum those two companies aren’t familiar with.

There must be a reason they don’t do it.
The way I've been taught, and the way I visualize it, is thus:

Imagine a see-saw on a playground. On one side is a kid named Force (lift), and on the other side is Volume (CFMs). In a closed system, as one goes up, the other goes down. For example, it is much easier to suck a Pepsi quickly up a drinking straw than through a two-inch diameter pipe.

Both CFMs and lift come into play in any system - both must be present for it to work. The kid drinking the Pepsi can achieve "maximum lift" by getting the bottle stuck to his mouth, but he has no CFMs and as such nothing is moving. The see-saw has, in effect, dumped Volume on the ground and Force is dangling up top with his legs kicking and no way to get down.

Exactly where that happy balance is between CFMs and lift depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If the carpet has been wetted to the point that there's a great deal of liquid water in the backing (high pressure, high flow jets, colder water), then it takes more Force to pull that water up from the backing. If the water is mostly along the fibers and not sitting at the bottom of the carpet, and is hot enough to be evaporating quickly (lower flow jets, mid-range psi, high heat), then high Volume will evaporate that 'surface water' more quickly and cause a carpet that feels drier to the hand. So a high-force system will remove more total liquid water, but a high-volume system will result in a drier feel at the surface.

Hence carpets that can "feel dry" when you leave but still smell sour after a few days.

Tecchy gurus, feel free to correct me if I am wrong in this interpretation. I know it's a much more specific and technical process than what I am outlining (venturi versus positive-displacement, volume-time-flow-capacity, etc) but it's late and I'm hungry.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz

Yeah Briggs told me these engines are designed to run max RPM.........They stay cooler that way. And that’s when they are operating where they are supposed to be. Outside. Not in an enclosed metal box with a couple doors open.

Reactions: rob allen

jack zerkie

Jun 27, 2008
cape coral florida
Business Location
United States
I have the cheap cobb base 20-45 if I run it over 3000 rpm the water temp pegs at 260 atm with a 8 flo wand. I always keep moving until whole job is finished. I would like the higher rpm but the water temp gets to hot. I have 9yrs on the unit and is well worth the money for a cheap&simple unit No bells or whistles.

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
There's no way that I would step back down to low lift, low flow, high shear baloney carpet cleaning ever. High operating lift at high flow cleans faster, more thoroughly with less call backs with 1 dry pass. Half my jobs are 1 pass slow, zero dry strokes and done. Less wand strokes, less fatigue, bangin flush, every job, every day. Only wish I could talk to the young Jim that believed all the bs the industry lead him to believe, most of it was total useless marketing crap.