The new TMF Profire and Starfire Truckmounts! (Vids included) | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

The new TMF Profire and Starfire Truckmounts! (Vids included)

magkcrptguy

Feb 7, 2012
colorado
Real Name
kacy williams
Business Location
United States
Crickets from @magkcrptguy...
I've been working all day on an install, not fooling around online. So, you're going to call me out for not being online all day on your forum? I rarely get on any of these forums or facebook pages, it's literally a waste of my time. I should promote more, that's for sure. Every one of my customers tells me that. However, I'm busy with doing the ACTUAL WORK. I design and build machines pretty much myself, with some of the fab done by local companies here in Grand Junction. They do alot of my waterjet cutting and shearing and bending work. You talk about your "truckmount experience" which I really don't think you have. I'm guessing you have always been on the name brand tit until now. What's the last actual repair you have done yourself....or ever? I'm on my 80th machine right now, not bad for one guy with EVERBODY against him! I'm not going anywhere, so you "big name" boys can come at me all you want. I'm all about high quality, fair prices, and highly personal customer service. I'm trying to do this a different way, if it doesn't work, I'll just go back to cleaning carpets and make the easy money. Sorry guys but it's true....Every time I do a carpet day ( and yes I still clean carpets regularly, I have to pay the bills ya know) I think...WOW, why am I not just doing this? Building machines is a passion for me and I want to just do that. I really don't think people realize what I can do in my little shop, the possibilities are are pretty large. It just depends on your budget and timeframe. I'm working on a "production model" as well, but almost everything I have done for the last couple years has been custom. Have a good night guys, I'm gonna take a nice long shower, eat a good dinner and hit the sack.

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

TimH

Sep 4, 2014
Real Name
Tim Hall
For someone who manufactures truckmounts, they of all people should know that especially on coupler driven machines, you simply can’t achieve enough rpm to reach max vacuum that the blower is rated for. Only manufacturer I know ( that is worth a shit) that operates the blower at max- and actually exceeds max is amtex, with their prowler, and only do so because the pass thru design keeps the blower cooled

Reactions: ology

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Everyone is so touchy. Steam Action builds great units. I wanted to add my own touch and mods. I did. Some forget that they too build open air units that allow a blower to breathe. Some don't. Many have found American blowers hold up better in restricted enclosed units. And I repaired and modified all my now truck mounts for about 35 years.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
I've been working all day on an install, not fooling around online. So, you're going to call me out for not being online all day on your forum? I rarely get on any of these forums or facebook pages, it's literally a waste of my time. I should promote more, that's for sure. Every one of my customers tells me that. However, I'm busy with doing the ACTUAL WORK. I design and build machines pretty much myself, with some of the fab done by local companies here in Grand Junction. They do alot of my waterjet cutting and shearing and bending work. You talk about your "truckmount experience" which I really don't think you have. I'm guessing you have always been on the name brand tit until now. What's the last actual repair you have done yourself....or ever? I'm on my 80th machine right now, not bad for one guy with EVERBODY against him! I'm not going anywhere, so you "big name" boys can come at me all you want. I'm all about high quality, fair prices, and highly personal customer service. I'm trying to do this a different way, if it doesn't work, I'll just go back to cleaning carpets and make the easy money. Sorry guys but it's true....Every time I do a carpet day ( and yes I still clean carpets regularly, I have to pay the bills ya know) I think...WOW, why am I not just doing this? Building machines is a passion for me and I want to just do that. I really don't think people realize what I can do in my little shop, the possibilities are are pretty large. It just depends on your budget and timeframe. I'm working on a "production model" as well, but almost everything I have done for the last couple years has been custom. Have a good night guys, I'm gonna take a nice long shower, eat a good dinner and hit the sack.
So if I read right
You had a hard day doing an install
And you rarely get online and participate in forums or Facebook
Your builds are so good you should advertise more, people tell you that you’re so good at everything by yourself even building 80 machines single handedly because your other hand is busy shaking fists fighting EVERYBODY because they’re ALL against you
Really you know for your efforts you should be just cleaning carpets because you still aren’t happy even though you are chasing the main passion in your life
You’re building a production model TM but you’re so busy doing custom work instead of cleaning carpets it never gets finished

And yet here you are doing what you never have time to do
Voicing your concerns and opinions about building TMs something which you apparently do better all by yourself at home
Then you drop the mic and walkout for a long shower/steak and beer but your still awake and online an hour later

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I’m just the opposite. I wish I could clean again. Promoting, video making and running several channels all time is taxing mentally. Miss the simple physical work.
I have an opening for a reliable helper starting next spring.....l
For someone who manufactures truckmounts, they of all people should know that especially on coupler driven machines, you simply can’t achieve enough rpm to reach max vacuum that the blower is rated for. Only manufacturer I know ( that is worth a shit) that operates the blower at max- and actually exceeds max is amtex, with their prowler, and only do so because the pass thru design keeps the blower cooled
And how come that I don't hear more guys bragging about overall quality of Amtex. I did job for a fellow cleaner, who had shiny Prowler sitting in his garage. On first look I liked that unit. It wasn't running though. He was selling his unit for $500 . I sold my old Mytee Speedster for more than that. I've read many threads about these units. Allegedly, cleaners were not mechanically incline to to be able to operate said units, whatever that means...

TimH

Sep 4, 2014
Real Name
Tim Hall
I have an opening for a reliable helper starting next spring.....l
And how come that I don't hear more guys bragging about overall quality of Amtex. I did job for a fellow cleaner, who had shiny Prowler sitting in his garage. On first look I liked that unit. It wasn't running though. He was selling his unit for $500 . I sold my old Mytee Speedster for more than that. I've read many threads about these units. Allegedly, cleaners were not mechanically incline to to be able to operate said units, whatever that means...
I don’t own a amtex. Just used them as an example of the only tm I know of that runs at max. No clue. Was just referring to that guy criticizing euros saying they can’t run max. Just had to break it to him that no one runs max. Robs new tm probably is rated at 425 cfm max for his 45 blower, but at 3000-3100 rpm, I’m guessing in real life, it’s probably closer to 350-375..

Reactions: Luky

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
So if I read right
You had a hard day doing an install
And you rarely get online and participate in forums or Facebook
Your builds are so good you should advertise more, people tell you that you’re so good at everything by yourself even building 80 machines single handedly because your other hand is busy shaking fists fighting EVERYBODY because they’re ALL against you
Really you know for your efforts you should be just cleaning carpets because you still aren’t happy even though you are chasing the main passion in your life
You’re building a production model TM but you’re so busy doing custom work instead of cleaning carpets it never gets finished

And yet here you are doing what you never have time to do
Voicing your concerns and opinions about building TMs something which you apparently do better all by yourself at home
Then you drop the mic and walkout for a long shower/steak and beer but your still awake and online an hour later
Hey, Cor, I have to stop you right there. Yes, sometimes we work for hours, we take shower and have steak , get rejuvenated and come back to share info with others. I spent an hours with @magkcrptguy in recent weeks talking about truckmounts and life in general. He even stopped in the middle of install to give me a few minutes of his time and went back to his work while his helper patiently waited.
I'm the same type. After completing 1, 2 jobs during the day, I take some break and heading to a night job(s).
Still, after returning back from jobs, I like to spend a few minutes ( hours) reacting to forums life and sometimes to give hard time @rob allen, haha, ....
So, I had to react to your post, because I think that your assessment of hard working man didn't do him justice. I hope you'll understand.....

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Hey, Cor, I have to stop you right there. Yes, sometimes we work for hours, we take shower and have steak , get rejuvenated and come back to share info with others. I spent an hours with @magkcrptguy in recent weeks talking about truckmounts and life in general. He even stopped in the middle of install to give me a few minutes of his time and went back to his work while his helper patiently waited.
I'm the same type. After completing 1, 2 jobs during the day, I take some break and heading to a night job(s).
Still, after returning back from jobs, I like to spend a few minutes ( hours) reacting to forums life and sometimes to give hard time @rob allen, haha, ....
So, I had to react to your post, because I think that your assessment of hard working man didn't do him justice. I hope you'll understand.....
Thats what HE said not me....Haha
I would never criticise a hard working man
Except now I know he has a helper and doesn’t build everything by himself hahaha

If I was going to give an assessment:

No one is going to know what amazingness his little shop puts out
Get onto Facebook to advertise
Get all your customers to give you reviews about amazing custom TMs
sell the crap out of them and sail off into the sunset

ology

Feb 19, 2010
USA
Real Name
B R
Business Location
United States
Honestly the faster you run the blower the cooler it will run and will last longer, so you want to spin the crap out of them.

ology

Feb 19, 2010
USA
Real Name
B R
Business Location
United States
Here’s my 35/47 EZ unit. I have it running nice and it gets hot and the vacuum is great. If I were to go to a larger machine I’m done with slide ins. I’d just get an Aerotech seeing as I’d need a new van as this ones got about 150k miles on it and a can’t see buying a 40k dollar slide in then I’d need a new van another 35-40k. Might as well spend the extra and get an awesome fully complete system like the XT. That’s if I choose to stay in this business
Robs TM (Steam Action) with a new truck would outlast the XT. With the Aerotech you are putting a lot of wear on the engine and transmission. With Robs you are looking at a 6k engine vs a 15k engine. If Steam Action would just stick to one set up (same unit built more then a few years) fine tune the thing, get a support system for repairs, would be the best TM made.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Except now I know he has a helper and doesn’t build everything by himself hahaha

How is your spring whether treating you. I have my phone set to a Princeville temperature, so I'm operating on 80° F every day. To be fair, temperatures around here are in 55- 60°, so I love it. I take anything above 30° any given day.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

jtdroc

Jul 16, 2019
Real Name
Josh DeNoto
Everyone's talking shit about Hydramaster machines only lasting 15 years. Not to be a dick but after 20 years who doesn't want a fresh set up. That's like driving an 80s suburban to a 2020 suburban. Whole different ball park .

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Honestly I'm more disappointed at the lack of respect being displayed by a large majority of individuals here.

When you read through internet forums, not just TMF, you see this "cutting down" of others all the time.

Every single person here has something to offer. Hell, I was talking to @jimdavisson the other day when he told me about using a bucket to auto fill a portable instead of hooking up a hose to the faucet. Literally made me feel "stupid" in the moment for not thinking to do that all these years!

Yet I can also explain chemistry reactions on a very technical level that most people wouldn't understand.

So EVERYONE has strengths and weaknesses and this "my dick is bigger than your dick" competition has gotten old.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Everyone's talking shit about Hydramaster machines only lasting 15 years. Not to be a dick but after 20 years who doesn't want a fresh set up. That's like driving an 80s suburban to a 2020 suburban. Whole different ball park .
Did I miss something? I don’t recall anyone speaking bad about them. All manufacturers have their pluses and minus’s. My goal was to reduce those minus’s as much as possible.

Reactions: brian3180 and SRD

wisco27

Nov 7, 2010
Don't understand why everyone is so quick to question and attempt to shit on Robs new TM's? Steam Action makes a nice unit as is. With the Mods Rob has spec'd they look pretty bullet proof to me. Will it have a breakdown at some point? Sure, but show me a TM that won't. Is it going to turn the TM industry on its head, no. But what you have have is a TM spec'd out with 40 years of personal carpet and hard surface knowledge, backed up by a TM manufacturer with 60 yrs in the game, and a unit that is easier to fix/maintain than anything the big 3 offer. I personally think he's built a winner (profire especially).

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Ive always liked john sales and his product, pretty sure hes the only manufacturer out there making machines out of stainless and alot of his ideas are pretty far above the other manufacturers.
With Rob and Johns experience going into a machine it should be a winner.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States

Careful, now, if you encourage him to promote his work and sell lots of units, he'll be next on the Big Evil Money-Grubbing Top Manufacturers Who Must Be Destroyed list...

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

jtdroc

Jul 16, 2019
Real Name
Josh DeNoto
Did I miss something? I don’t recall anyone speaking bad about them. All manufacturers have their pluses and minus’s. My goal was to reduce those minus’s as much as possible.
Yeah you must've missed it . Go back in the tread and few people were saying the hydramasters only last 15 years blablabla. I wasn't saying anything to down talk your machine just was responding to them. I think your machines are pretty cool actually.

Reactions: rob allen