The most technologically advanced Truckmount Transfer Pump ever. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

The most technologically advanced Truckmount Transfer Pump ever.

GreenTechAgain

Dec 12, 2009
Holiday, FL
www.GreenTechCarpetCleaning.com
Real Name
Ross Martin
Business Location
United States
I am just starting to try and figure out how to put a freshwater tank on my truck, so please bear with me if I am asking dumb questions.

I could connect this pump to my TM battery and have it pump the water under pressure.

I would connect the pump to the battery and using garden hose connections and clamps it all I have to do?

When I am not drawing water the pump will shut off automatically?

I don't have to worry about the pump drawing down my TM battery?

My TM has basically a garden tractor battery, this will be enough?

Thanks.

Matt A

Feb 28, 2011
IA
Real Name
matt arndt
Business Location
United States
I too am a little confused. My Butler doesn't have a transfer up

falcans

Feb 26, 2012
Canada
Real Name
Ricardo bials
Business Location
Canada
@John LaBarbera are there any in canada? i need one asap if not i may have to find another solution....

is this one brush less?

Im also interested in some quick cuffs

how do you wire it up with your machine?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I'm adding one of these to my White Magics this week. Seems to be starving for water as the unit ages.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I'm adding one of these to my White Magics this week. Seems to be starving for water as the unit ages.
That really happens? I thought my fresh water pump couldn't keep up with my tile work flow. Keying it off and on at the tool helps but it is annoying. So I hook up my water supply direct to solve the pump starvation issue. It's only when outside water source is unavailable do I have to be worried, and careful.

jgk

Apr 12, 2011
IN
Real Name
John Kaleel
Business Location
United States
I love mine!! Never a problem keeping up with flows for carpet, upholstery, t/g, and pressure washing.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
I am sorry there are so many truckmounts out there that require a pump to transfer water to the Pump!

I have always used Cat pumps (over 30 years), and they will prime themselves even when the water level is below the high pressure pump.

I also modified a PumpTec pump to do the same thing - suck it's own water from a fresh tank.

That's just one more thing that simplifies truckmounts - a high pressure pump that will suck it's own water from a water source that is below the high pressure pump, which means it does not need a transfer pump.

However, if you do need one, John sounds like a good choice.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I am sorry there are so many truckmounts out there that require a pump to transfer water to the Pump!

I have always used Cat pumps (over 30 years), and they will prime themselves even when the water level is below the high pressure pump.

I also modified a PumpTec pump to do the same thing - suck it's own water from a fresh tank.

That's just one more thing that simplifies truckmounts - a high pressure pump that will suck it's own water from a water source that is below the high pressure pump, which means it does not need a transfer pump.

What did you do to your pumptec? I ran bypass back to the tank. But getting the water down to the pump initially can be a pain in butt. Once I got it primed I always tried to make sure I left water in the incoming hose. Other wise the damn bubbles bounced back and forth. I used 1" reinforced hose. I'm setting it up again similar but with smaller portable tank on a pressure washer cart.

Im using the otter btw.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
What did you do to your pumptec? I ran bypass back to the tank. But getting the water down to the pump initially can be a pain in butt. Once I got it primed I always tried to make sure I left water in the incoming hose. Other wise the damn bubbles bounced back and forth. I used 1" reinforced hose. I'm setting it up again similar but with smaller portable tank on a pressure washer cart.

Im using the otter btw.
I installed a 3/8" ID incoming water hose on the PumpTec 6' long, with a one way brass check valve on the end so the hose would keep water in it for a prime.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
In addition I created a water manifold inside the van using this manifold to distribute all of the water for cleaning. 2 fresh water tanks connect to the manifold as well as an outside faucet pressure feed from someone's house.

With the flick of one of the open/close valves, I can change over from fresh tank to outside water source (which will also direct feed into the PumpTec). I can also run either our PumpTec, or a Cat 290 for higher pressure/flow.Tha Cat also acts as a backup and will deliver 60-1200 PSI @ 3.5 GPM.

This is the setup for our Astro van with our ETM.

Reactions: keep it clean

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States

Those Mytee (Aquatec) pumps tended to overheat and eventually burn up. That was my experience and evidently I wasn't alone in that. The reason was they never really shut off and they would get really hot. I know Jondon had a LOT of warranty claims on them. They solved the problem from what I was told by placing an inline pressure switch on them and evidently that worked.

The problem with mine was also that it drew too much power for my Boxxer which only has the old 16 amp stator. Now they're 20 amp. It caused me a lot of trouble. For a good 2 years I've been using a Shurflo transfer pump and I must say it has been better than I imagined. It has run like a champ and only one time recently it overheated and shut down on me for the first time, but it is still working fine now. Here is the inline pressure switch they were using and a link to the Shurflo I'm using if anyone is interested. I know how much trouble these things can be, believe me!
This pump is 10 amps and 3.5 gpm so it matches the maximum output of my Comet pump on the machine. No electrical issues with it either such as blowing fuses or over draining my battery.
http://www.jondon.com/pump-45-psi-electric-12v.html

The switch used by Jondon inline is a Square D inline pressure switch. I wished I had known about them earlier! Probably would have saved me a lot of problems.
http://www.jondon.com/demand-pump-pressure-switch.html

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I installed a 3/8" ID incoming water hose on the PumpTec 6' long, with a one way brass check valve on the end so the hose would keep water in it for a prime.
3/8"? Damn i went overkill then lol. This time ill use smaller hose pickup hose. Ill put a check valve in this time too. i may not be able to come out the bottom of the tank like i did before. So hose may come in from top. Cart im using is too short i think to plumb it without making sharp bends. Is your pump still bypassing though a loop back into itself? I had a hard time getting prime with it in loop. It would hammer like crazy. Was easy though when i routed bypass back too tank. Keeps pump cool too.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Even if it means derailing your thread, I would like an opportunity to say big Thank you for an advice and help to solve technical issue with my Escape..Also, your staff is awesome. Thanks again.
As for transfer pump, I'll look into it. Right now I have 4.8 Gpm. It serves me welll. I went trough different pumps with various gpm's. Pumps with a lower gpm have tendency to have mind of its own. The one with high GPM stops when it suppose to. I believe amps are 8.9. I run it with a 140° water( not recommended) It didn't give me any trouble for over 2 years being used and abused, sometimes 7-8 hours of continues service.
So I believe Mytee's 5 GPM pump will do the same.

Reactions: John LaBarbera