The most technologically advanced Truckmount Transfer Pump ever. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

The most technologically advanced Truckmount Transfer Pump ever.

JimmyN

Jan 22, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
Business Location
United States
Rob do you have a blue bladder to help shut off the pump so its doesn't run too much?

Tile Professional

Mar 19, 2009
Lacrosse Wi
Real Name
Andrew Abt
Business Location
United States
I have the suction side of my truckmount (Judson TNT) fresh water pump plumed to my 100 gal onboard water supply
No transfer pump, works great, Am i missing something?
It is hard on the pumps low pressure seals to have to pull water through all that hose and the fittings, not to mention up off of the van floor(in low water level situations). It causes cavitation on the pump head. Your pump will tolerate much higher temps or longer bypass time if the water is under pressure...or at least not under negative inlet pressure or suction.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob do you have a blue bladder to help shut off the pump so its doesn't run too much?
No accumulator needed Jim. Yes I was a little sceptical about this having had Prochem's with the bladders for so many years but I decided to give it a shot. I really felt I needed something for my new set up truck mount/show truck. It has almost 30 foot of hose going from my fresh water tank to the pump which is up pretty high on the El D. Now I tried a pump from Northern first but it drained my battery. Johns/Mytee's pump has an intelligent circuit board that stops rapid recycling with a built in "soft start"/"soft stop" switch that is sweet. It stops over heating problems too. I also really like the built in filter. But most of all what I like most is the "high flow" capability. So far I love it. Tomorrow I am going to take it on a rat nasty upscale home (renters sub-let the house and thrashed it) and can't wait to see how it performs. I'll post back.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
the circuitry is what make this pump better I worked for 20 years Installing auto security/stereos if you wire the pump to a relay with and on and off from your TM battery Ignition on only it will never drain the battery since it will only work with the TM running
Great Job Mytee.
So true. The circuitry is so quiet it is weird because I'm used to the out dated loud ones with the bladders. This bad boy will really flow some water. I picked up a project box and installed a nice custom switch too. Looks sharp. When weather breaks I'll do a lil video for it.

Timothy

Aug 14, 2010
KENTUCKY
Real Name
Timothy Jackson
Business Location
United States
Where can I order this pump John? I can't find it online

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
John's pumps have many features that others don't. We are working on a video that will be up soon.

Timothy

Aug 14, 2010
KENTUCKY
Real Name
Timothy Jackson
Business Location
United States
John's pumps have many features that others don't. We are working on a video that will be up soon.
Hey Rob, since you have this pump and have run it for a bit now, do you think this is a pump I could use with my Porty setup or would that pump be overkill for me? MY PLAN 75-100 gallon fresh water tank pump out to the M5 A/F, I leave the M5 on the van so it would be like 6 foot hose run to water tank.

Timothy

Aug 14, 2010
KENTUCKY
Real Name
Timothy Jackson
Business Location
United States
OK let me ask anybody the same above question!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Timothy I love the pump and could never do without it now. It will be a staple on all my trucks from here on out. I also think it would be perfectly suited for your set up. I run almost 30 ft of hose from my fresh water tank to my machine. Therefore it should work just fine. In the meantime PM or email John L as he like myself may not have seen your post.

Tile Professional

Mar 19, 2009
Lacrosse Wi
Real Name
Andrew Abt
Business Location
United States
<br>Here's a novel idea.

A TM that doesn't need a transfer pump between the fresh tank and the pressure pump.
There is already a lot of pumps out there that can Pull their own water. Cat makes several. The problem is people don't use the larger hoses and fittings like 3/4" so the suction level stays down. General makes a very common pump that will pull water from 13' below it.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Like Tile Professional says Lot of Pumps out there. http://www.spraysmarter.com/public/buy/details/shurflo-3-gpm-pump.aspx
You asked overkill -yes IMO . Also 80-100 gallons is overkill also IMO. 700 plus lbs. of water plus you and your M5 is over 1/2 ton !! Careful in your choice of vehicles . 35 gallons will get me thru most residential jobs . I still carry a garden hose for my AF and carry 12 gallons of water in Gerry cans in my pickup.
JIM

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
A transfer pump is for those who need it. If you don't, cool. Rob is doing a video of other uses in addition to water transfer. We may learn something from that. If you do need a transfer pump, one thing for sure, there simply is not a more advanced pump than the Mytee one. The solid state circuit board makes a big difference in the performance and reliability from the ones you posted Jim. Those were nothing more than RV pumps. For the most part they do not get the usage like a PCC would require.

Timothy

Aug 14, 2010
KENTUCKY
Real Name
Timothy Jackson
Business Location
United States
BUMP Hey Rob what was the other use for the pump, how would you rate it?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Forgive my ignorance but what is a Truckmount Transfer pump?

It is a pump that is used to transfer water from your fresh water tank to the machine whether it is to the water box or directly to your main pump.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States