Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
After 40 years in business I qualified & joined a millionaires club online forum last year. It's a different world. No drama, no attacking others and no thread derailments. Just laser focused on business building and wealth accumulation. I find it so opposite of most forums where so many are hung up on the small things they can't see the large. Basically most don't become better off because they can't see the forest for the trees. Few things I've learned and adopted since joining the club. Take it for what it's worth;

-Wealth seekers don't sweat the small stuff while masses chase pennies instead dollars
-Rich people believe if you can build your own success you're in a better position help others
-Rich use money as leverage while masses think you need money to make money.
-Rich learn human nature and use it accumulate more wealth
-Wealthy teach progeny how get rich while masses teach their children how to survive
-Rich use money as security while masses let money stress them out.
-Wealthy spend most their time gaining specific knowledge while masses spend most time on entertainment.
-Wealthy gravitate to other wealthy while masses gravitate to those think wealthy is bad
-Wealthy focus on gains not saving through nickel & dime like masses
-Rich take risks, usually calculated risks, whereas masses always play safe with money
-Average people think the rich got rich by luck or being dishonest
-Rich people think about money logically not emotionally
-Wealthy follow their passions doing what they enjoy while average follow a job they hate
-Well off are up to challenges while others try to tear down those who reach upward
-The rich believe they earned right be rich while masses think it's a privilege
-Rich people take action consistently, 24/7 and 365
-Masses think wealth changes rich for the worse when most times just opposite
-Rich people see marketing as "problem solving" while masses see it as "the problem".

Take it for what it's worth. Those who want to accumulate wealth for the betterment of their progeny this will be welcome news. To those who resent others success and can't see the forest for the tree's they will scoff. Regardless, that's the beauty of America. Anyone can rise up and better themselves, their business and their future if they want to. America is still the land of opportunity. What will you do with your opportunity?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
So in other words wealthy people are more interested in results, not their feelings.

Reactions: rob allen

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
No offense though Rob - doesn't that somewhat contradict the statements you make about the IICRC etc? These are wealthy folks who built a system as well.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
For everything there’s and equal and opposite reaction. Even for the rich.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
No offense though Rob - doesn't that somewhat contradict the statements you make about the IICRC etc? These are wealthy folks who built a system as well.

Not really. There are exceptions to both classes. Consider some who win a lottery. Those that had spent much of their time helping others or devoting themselves to worthy causes usually do more so with more money. Those that indulge in stealing, drugs, alcohol or any other bad excess probably do more so with more money.

Most who are in the MC group are focused on improving themselves, their business’s and their inheritances for their progeny. Anyone not “on the same page” is removed swiftly. My point writing this as a counterpoint to some who make argument we need “troublemakers” here on TMF.

Old fat and slow

Jun 16, 2020
Real Name
Mike Peterson
What attracted me to this site was the very idea that this forum was a place to exchange ideas to better my business. I don't do carpet cleaning but I am a owner operator and I read many posts here that can apply to all businesses. Time is something that is limited for all of us. We all have only so many heart beats and that's it. I think it's more beneficial and a better use of time to focus on what can benefit your business and your life. Everyone has something that can be of help to someone else. We all have life experience that can be shared . My focus here will be to just post what I see as good information to better someone else's business. I made a thousand idiotic mistakes in my life. I am not a know it all but I know what I would do differently if I could go back to my younger days.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What attracted me to this site was the very idea that this forum was a place to exchange ideas to better my business. I don't do carpet cleaning but I am a owner operator and I read many posts here that can apply to all businesses. Time is something that is limited for all of us. We all have only so many heart beats and that's it. I think it's more beneficial and a better use of time to focus on what can benefit your business and your life. Everyone has something that can be of help to someone else. We all have life experience that can be shared . My focus here will be to just post what I see as good information to better someone else's business. I made a thousand idiotic mistakes in my life. I am not a know it all but I know what I would do differently if I could go back to my younger days.

True. Applying the principles of treating people fair, doing great work and backing it up with excellent customer service apply to any business. Probably even more so in the service industry.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
I have issue with any club that excludes one over another.
A millionaires club just by definition of the words feels as though their better than others. I’m not saying anyone feels that way. Just that I do know people that feel by having money it some how makes them better than another.
I’ve been dead ass broke and I’m on the other side of that scale.
I’d sit with a homeless person today and share a sandwich. I feel more in common with them than I do with a CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Never forget where you came from. Your only one market correction from being back at the beginning. Money doesn’t make some one but it sure shows who you are to everyone else. A bragger is the worst kind of person in my humble opinion. And pride is much better.

Reactions: Fedri

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I have issue with any club that excludes one over another.
A millionaires club just by definition of the words feels as though their better than others. I’m not saying anyone feels that way. Just that I do know people that feel by having money it some how makes them better than another.
I’ve been dead ass broke and I’m on the other side of that scale.
I’d sit with a homeless person today and share a sandwich. I feel more in common with them than I do with a CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Never forget where you came from. Your only one market correction from being back at the beginning. Money doesn’t make some one but it sure shows who you are to everyone else. A bragger is the worst kind of person in my humble opinion. And pride is much better.

I agree with some of your points. I joined so that I could learn the strategies. I bootstrapped where many of them have born into money. Ive been on both sides and not afraid of either. Balance is key.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
And then he prayed, “God, I’m asking for two things before I die; don’t refuse me— Banish lies from my lips and liars from my presence. Give me enough food to live on, neither too much nor too little. If I’m too full, I might get independent, saying, ‘God? Who needs him?’ If I’m poor, I might steal and dishonor the name of my God.”

Wisdom will protect you just like money; knowledge with good sense will lead you to life.

Love of money root of all evil.

Notice the biblical balance.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
The true test of a man is when he no longer needs to survive. His choices then are much more difficult.

Old fat and slow

Jun 16, 2020
Real Name
Mike Peterson
Being super wealthy was never that important to me. More important to me is knowing that no matter what ,I am Independent and I am in complete control. It's the ultimate freedom . The last job application I filled out for a job was in 1984 . Other than working as a groom at Canterbury park for one month all my money came from my cleaning business and latter my floor stripping and waxing business. Building up a company from scratch is very rewarding. Do good work and build relationships with your customers is the key. Maybe more important than being the absolute best in your profession is being well liked. Every new customer needs to be viewed as the next long term repeat customer. From my first conversation that is my goal. It works I have some customers from 1989 .

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Bravo, my good man...... An interesting perspective , if do say so , ole chap..... Jolly good show.....
By the by.......Who'd you recommend colleagues in your industry to peruse MSDS on products they purchase?........ ;D

I thought Rob KO you in your last battle.

An American success story. It's obvious to Mike this is personal and has a vendetta. That's why he doesn't go after the biggies like Aramsco, https://shop.truckmountforums.com, Legend, IICRC and the mills/testing institutes. Billions flow through the monopolies yet he is timidly silent and never calls them out.

Maybe, Mike you need to start a new topic and include all the players. Teach others how to read the MSDS on all manufactures as you see them.

Can you also tell us about the Raw Material Manufactures, and their product MSDS ?

I see misleading info all the time, it seems, and all over all businesses.

PS, Please do not derail this topic, start new topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kipp

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
When I said redundant it’s simply is.

Dishonest and liar mean same thing

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
my short carpet cleaning career was the turning point for me. Prior to that I was making a ton of money by spent it all and had no wealth. After I sold my business I was able to pay cash for everything and I have lived debt free since. Its amazing how much wealth you can accumulate with zero debt...

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
my short carpet cleaning career was the turning point for me. Prior to that I was making a ton of money by spent it all and had no wealth. After I sold my business I was able to pay cash for everything and I have lived debt free since. Its amazing how much wealth you can accumulate with zero debt...

That’s our flight plan now pushing to have property and rest of personal debts cleared in the very near future. So far it’s making life so much easier. Doing everything cash basis