The first rule of SEO club!

idreadnought

Mar 8, 2009
California
Real Name
Robert Smith
Business Location
United States
I have had a company that is local copy and paste a great deal of content and they rank better than me in some searches.

dizzy

Dec 24, 2013
Real Name
Vernon Purcell
Look up their IP address, find the hosting company and report them, I pretty sure they have a legal obligation to take the site down, if they do not change it.

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
link not valid
When you trade links with someone does that help your ranking . If so why dont we all just link each other and do a carpet cleaning directory?
We did that maybe a year ago. I don't know if it helped or not. A few promised to do it then didn't do it on their end. So they got the benifits without helping anyone else.. I think that burned a lot of people. Lots of new people here so maybe it could be tried again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ken Kaplan

Ken Kaplan

Dec 1, 2013
Atlanta
www.dirtblasters.com
Real Name
Ken Kaplan
Business Location
United States

fusioncrs

Jun 18, 2012
Shalimar, Florida
www.fusioncarpetcare.com
Real Name
Fusion
Business Location
United States
Right now I'm working on back links to rank higher in google for certain areas we give service too. In some of the towns in the county we are already on the first page but others we are not. Any body have any advice on back linking and the fastest way to do them?

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
We did that maybe a year ago. I don't know if it helped or not. A few promised to do it then didn't do it on their end. So they got the benifits without helping anyone else.. I think that burned a lot of people. Lots of new people here so maybe it could be tried again?
That kind of turned into a mess, I still have the links I was suppose to do listed on my site.

Ken Kaplan

Dec 1, 2013
Atlanta
www.dirtblasters.com
Real Name
Ken Kaplan
Business Location
United States
This is the best question on this forum in my opinion.
I posted a link exchange idea but absolutely nobody responded. Maybe most simply are in the dark about it and do not understand how important and amazing it can be if done the right way.
There is a right way and wrong way to do it. The right way can not be explained here. It slightly beyond just a link on a relevant site. But it's easy. Contact me privately if interested in doing this. I did get to page one for 3 websites and all 3 fell under extremely competitive keywords so I know it works.

dizzy

Dec 24, 2013
Real Name
Vernon Purcell
It costs to be number 1, everyone wants it, but wants it cheap, it is not cheap to be number 1, the guy you knock off the top spot will want it back, and will spend money to get back there.

Ken Kaplan

Dec 1, 2013
Atlanta
www.dirtblasters.com
Real Name
Ken Kaplan
Business Location
United States
The problem is several of the companies that take you to #1 are still doing black hat practices and you never know it until Zap you're gone. If you pay for SEO you have to ask or require they share back links and other work.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Ed Thompson

Apr 22, 2014
Real Name
Ed Thompson
Targeting cities with keywords works well, followed by Youtube city video, connected to a Merchant circle city blog page, and connected to every other free directory I have time for, or that I can get my hands on. Linking city videos to city blogs will give you a great boost. I have over 200 cities made from 1 single video. The video is tweaked just enough to pass Youtube's "duplicate video" rule.

something like this http://www.powerwashing-newjersey.com/roof-cleaning-freehold-nj-power-washing-freehold-nj/

dizzy

Dec 24, 2013
Real Name
Vernon Purcell
No white hat techniques will get you to number 1, if it does, then you would be in retirement before that happens

bob519

Oct 28, 2011
Canada
Real Name
bob
Business Location
Canada
No white hat techniques will get you to number 1, if it does, then you would be in retirement before that happens
Depending on the market. If you are talking about large metropolitan area yes there would have to be some extras . Just like professional sports with supplements :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using TMF Forums mobile app

bob519

Oct 28, 2011
Canada
Real Name
bob
Business Location
Canada
Sorry I didn't get to finish the video . I used an emergency ice pick to stab myself in the eye and make it stop .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using TMF Forums mobile app

Steve Samoska

Jul 8, 2011
A, A
1chicagocarpetcleaner.com
Real Name
Steve
Business Location
United States
what is a good standard on keeping fresh content on your site? everyday? every week? and what if you have a ton of pages? how do you go about that especially if your not a writer.

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
@dmreed4311 would you mind taking a peek at my site and giving me your thoughts. Ive only been at for 3-4 days now and have a lot of copy and keywords to add. I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff but really want to learn all I can as fast as I can. I don't have a blog on there yet but will be adding one this week. No backlinks or citations yet because I just started Wednesday night.

Im worried about my url though. My old domain is forwarding to the new sites home page which only shows up as an ip number. I also have a stone domain name forwarding to the stone page on the site. I haven't figured out how to change that ip number to my original domain but I may just buy another cheap domain to use if I cant figure it out.

Anyone else that has any opinions lemme have it. The pics will be changed soon as well. Its all I had access to from this computer and have no stock photos, only originals. www.hittcarpetcare.com and www.nashvillestonecare.com

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
@dmreed4311 would you mind taking a peek at my site and giving me your thoughts. Ive only been at for 3-4 days now and have a lot of copy and keywords to add. I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff but really want to learn all I can as fast as I can. I don't have a blog on there yet but will be adding one this week. No backlinks or citations yet because I just started Wednesday night.

Im worried about my url though. My old domain is forwarding to the new sites home page which only shows up as an ip number. I also have a stone domain name forwarding to the stone page on the site. I haven't figured out how to change that ip number to my original domain but I may just buy another cheap domain to use if I cant figure it out.

Anyone else that has any opinions lemme have it. The pics will be changed soon as well. Its all I had access to from this computer and have no stock photos, only originals. www.hittcarpetcare.com and www.nashvillestonecare.com
What is the deal with the ip address?