The end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleanred

Sep 4, 2012
I was invited last night to an Islamic Ramadan fast breaking dinner. I arrived around 7 pm and was given a tour of the prayer center. We talked with several of the members including the Imam. They were very gracious and friendly people. After some fellowship they shared a video with us entitled "Love Is A Verb". The video was about Fethullah Gulen who is a Turkish preacher and former Imam who started a movement that focuses on investing in local community and the people there in. The movement is often referred to as The Gulen or Hizmet movement.

After the movie we were given a brief underscore of what Ramadan is from one of the members. What was interesting about Ramadan to me was that during this holy month, they are required to reach out to others and fellowship with other faiths. Which was why I was invited.

Right around 8:40 we were invited in to the prayer hall and view them taking part in the sunset prayer. This is the fifth and final prayer that Muslims practice in a day. This was also the prayer that ended the daily fast, and we were invited to join them for dinner.

We were feed Turkish dishes, which were really good. During dinner we spent time talking with each other in fellowship.

This was a very refreshing and exciting opportunity for me that I enjoyed deeply. I would encourage any of you if given the opportunity to join a Ramadan Fast Dinner to take advantage of the opportunity to share some time with the Islamic people of faith. You won't regret it.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Are you Joe Bristors son?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hey we don't know till we ask.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
I was invited last night to an Islamic Ramadan fast breaking dinner. I arrived around 7 pm and was given a tour of the prayer center. We talked with several of the members including the Imam. They were very gracious and friendly people. After some fellowship they shared a video with us entitled "Love Is A Verb". The video was about Fethullah Gulen who is a Turkish preacher and former Imam who started a movement that focuses on investing in local community and the people there in. The movement is often referred to as The Gulen or Hizmet movement.

After the movie we were given a brief underscore of what Ramadan is from one of the members. What was interesting about Ramadan to me was that during this holy month, they are required to reach out to others and fellowship with other faiths. Which was why I was invited.

Right around 8:40 we were invited in to the prayer hall and view them taking part in the sunset prayer. This is the fifth and final prayer that Muslims practice in a day. This was also the prayer that ended the daily fast, and we were invited to join them for dinner.

We were feed Turkish dishes, which were really good. During dinner we spent time talking with each other in fellowship.

This was a very refreshing and exciting opportunity for me that I enjoyed deeply. I would encourage any of you if given the opportunity to join a Ramadan Fast Dinner to take advantage of the opportunity to share some time with the Islamic people of faith. You won't regret it.
What's next....plane ticket to Syria?

Get a clue .... Read the news today?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Tom Conway...I have...ties to Joe. Hmmm nice line to end on.
To avoid any further confusion to many members your Cleanred name is discontinued. It appears you have found your old password. Please post from this name Ryan from here on out. Thank you.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rstrick

Mar 30, 2011
NC
www.allprocarpetcareandrestorationnc.com
Real Name
ryan Strickland
Business Location
United States
https://www.truckmountforums.com/index.php?posts/1065130
the end

Tom Conway.

Here is the thing with me Tommy Boy. I have zero ties to Joe. You on the other hand did. I dont make one thing for him, I speak quite freely with him with no regards to losing access to his services or products. Such a free and wonderful place to be. Maybe one day you will experience such liberty. Hmmm nice line to end .;):D

It seems Rob did a little editing on my original post in order to mislead others. Here is the real post.

I thought we cleared that up several months ago in respects to my username. Tre combined them I believe . Its fine with me.:cool:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
rstrick-Banned
ryan Strickland

Banned
Reason:Shilling,critical of other members and lack of respect for the board.

The end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.