The Duct Wizard

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Mar 20, 2017
Real Name
Scott Davidson
Hey all,

I noticed on occasion the Duct Wizard pops up in posts. I wanted to come on this forum and mention that we're listening and reading.

If you have any questions about our air duct cleaning machines then please let me know. We are doing well and we hope that those of you that purchased a unit(s) from us have found success.

The air duct cleaning business is a unique industry and there are not many forums to discuss, so I am thankful for this forum and look forward to good dialogue.

Thanks all!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Could you give us some background and application of the Duct Wizard?

Mar 20, 2017
Real Name
Scott Davidson
Could you give us some background and application of the Duct Wizard?
Sure, first about us...we are smaller family owned company based out of Salt Lake City, UT with several generations of machining. We manufacture many things for various markets. We can machine pretty much most any idea a person may draw up.

We started manufacturing Duct Cleaning machines in the early 2000s. We did this mostly for certain franchises and continued to do so for quite a few years. Now we find our place in direct order and some wholesalers. We have been involved in the surface cleaning industry for quite a few years helping to outfit various franchises (build out the trucks, etc.).

The Duct Wizard is mostly used for standard air duct cleaning. It can be used on commercial ducts using various larger size brushes. It is a brush-based system that requires suction to pick up the debris in the ducts, meaning a vacuum source. We recommend a truck mount. We can modify the length of hose and the types/sizes of brushes based on customer needs. We can basically modify anything dealing with this unit. We believe in this method of duct cleaning but can build any type of duct cleaning unit (negative air, whatever you can dream up).

We believe the Duct Wizard is a good add on to a company with a truck mount or some other power vacuum source. I assume it is all relative, especially based on geography, environment, and the market of an area. See the link in my signature for our rudimentary website. Our Duct Wizard website does house additional information.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Sure, first about us...we are smaller family owned company based out of Salt Lake City, UT with several generations of machining. We manufacture many things for various markets. We can machine pretty much most any idea a person may draw up.

We started manufacturing Duct Cleaning machines in the early 2000s. We did this mostly for certain franchises and continued to do so for quite a few years. Now we find our place in direct order and some wholesalers. We have been involved in the surface cleaning industry for quite a few years helping to outfit various franchises (build out the trucks, etc.).

The Duct Wizard is mostly used for standard air duct cleaning. It can be used on commercial ducts using various larger size brushes. It is a brush-based system that requires suction to pick up the debris in the ducts, meaning a vacuum source. We recommend a truck mount. We can modify the length of hose and the types/sizes of brushes based on customer needs. We can basically modify anything dealing with this unit. We believe in this method of duct cleaning but can build any type of duct cleaning unit (negative air, whatever you can dream up).

We believe the Duct Wizard is a good add on to a company with a truck mount or some other power vacuum source. I assume it is all relative, especially based on geography, environment, and the market of an area. See the link in my signature for our rudimentary website. Our Duct Wizard website does house additional information.
Post a link to the website :)

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Mar 20, 2017
Real Name
Scott Davidson
I viewed the site from my phone, is there video of it being used?
There are a few videos floating around on youtube and on the website.

A how to video can be found on our website by clicking this link below,
https://theductwizard.com/the-duct-wizard-truck-mount/
or on youtube at,

We also have some videos homemade youtube videos showing the duct wizard in flexiducts, etc. Nothing really high tech in terms of a web or advertising presence.

Mar 20, 2017
Real Name
Scott Davidson
how much is the duct wizard? can you message me? thank you
The price is $2,500.00. You can reach me on here, via phone (see website for contact info, etc), or email (ductwizards@gmail.com). We are pretty much an open book so feel free to ask any questions.

Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Questions
Up my way we have finished basements. Is it a problem with the brush at the damper ( usually half way down the line). Doesn't look like it will go past damper and also a concern that you could actually close it when in contact shutting off airflow.
Not a problem on an unfinished basement as a person can just go open it up.
But finished basement ceiling not possible. Flex ducting brush could also be too aggressive and tear etc?
Also how well will it clean the square main ducting that could be 18 inches wide and 8 inches high? Can you push it down main ducting 50-60 ft if need be? Again alot of homes my way have finished basement ceilings and duct work is boxed ( drywalled ) in.
Like the concept ( for supply off shoots ) but bigger cold air returns and both hot and cold mains don't see it being thorough . Perhaps even having a problem sucking up heavier debris or clogging at brush .
Here is a dirty cold air return main under negative air and airwhips used to clean nasty build up.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The price is $2,500.00. You can reach me on here, via phone (see website for contact info, etc), or email (ductwizards@gmail.com). We are pretty much an open book so feel free to ask any questions.
Seems a little high priced for what you get. And Grant raises some excellent points.

Mar 20, 2017
Real Name
Scott Davidson
Questions
Up my way we have finished basements. Is it a problem with the brush at the damper ( usually half way down the line). Doesn't look like it will go past damper and also a concern that you could actually close it when in contact shutting off airflow.
Not a problem on an unfinished basement as a person can just go open it up.
But finished basement ceiling not possible. Flex ducting brush could also be too aggressive and tear etc?
Also how well will it clean the square main ducting that could be 18 inches wide and 8 inches high? Can you push it down main ducting 50-60 ft if need be? Again alot of homes my way have finished basement ceilings and duct work is boxed ( drywalled ) in.
Like the concept ( for supply off shoots ) but bigger cold air returns and both hot and cold mains don't see it being thorough . Perhaps even having a problem sucking up heavier debris or clogging at brush .
Here is a dirty cold air return main under negative air and airwhips used to clean nasty build up.

Good questions, I will break them down into sections so as to help with ease of reading. Please let me know if I missed anything. I realize there are so many varying opinions in the industry and I really do appreciate the various viewpoints.

Damper/Obstructions
In regards to the damper, yes, there is a risk of closing the damper, and other types of duct cleaning machinery are at risk of closing the damper. Like you said, gaining access is going to be a problem in the scenario you listed.
Also, it might not be worth the risk of using a brush system like ours and attempting to go directly through a typical residential damper where the airflow control sits in the middle (trying to explain but I probably should get a picture). This is a similar issue we have with electronic cables, etc. that are running through the ducts or other types of covers/filters. If you can’t gain entry on both sides of the damper then one section will not get cleaned unless you want to risk damage (not worth it). No amount of rhetoric can change that reality. Also, I can’t imagine it is safe to put any type of air duct cleaning equipment through a typical residential damper.

Cleaning Larger Ducts
Much like a whip based system, our brush-based system rapidly vibrates and rotates around hitting all portions of the duct, even those great big residential main lines you’re inquiring about. Our unit has rapid movement (we even engineered the brush mount to allow for increased brush movement in recent years) causing the brushes to make contact with these large ducts. It is a slow process on these main line ducts.
In regards to ducts that are long. Usually one can gain access in at least more than one point of duct that is as big as 50-60 feet. If this complication is something that is common than for a few extra bucks we can make the hose as long as needed. We do manufacture extra long hoses (always for companies into large commercial duct cleaning). The nice thing about not being negative air or various other units is that your heaviest weight to carry is the hose.
In regards to clogging of the suction opening on the rotating brush, this does happen on occasion. For instance, I one had a dead rodent and on another occasion huge chunks of insulation get stuck to the side of the opening. You can hear a difference in the sound of the vacuum when that happens. Pullout the hose/brush, remove source of issue and insert again.

Flex Ducting
Our system is good in standard flex ducting. We have a rudimentary video on youtube showing our units going through flex ducting. The clutch system on our rotating brush motor helps guard against damaging flex ducting.

Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Seems a little high priced for what you get. And Grant raises some excellent points.
Don't have a problem with the price.... twenty years ago I bought the Cleanco IAQ duct cleaning package that hooked up to TM and that was about 3k CND.
Quickly found out that it was very limited and if I was to continue with ductcleaning had to go negative air and proper attachments run off a good compressed air setup. Also have brushes for certain applications. I could see myself using the wizard minus the vac hooked up from TM ( using it for agitation with negative air from larger ducthose hooked up close to furnace). All the debris would be captured from the hookup. Just up my way not practical for our HVAC setups in homes. Now homes built on slabs with very closed in ductwork like in the southern states this is perhaps decent compared to Airwave etc.
Homes really vary in different parts of North America ... my setup would not work too well trying to use it in Las Vegas for example .
Here is what a typical house hook up would be like up my way. Lots of room around furnace and exposed ductwork for hose hook up.
IMG_0294.JPG

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2017
Real Name
Scott Davidson
I understand what you're saying. I have family that have owned various floor cleaning businesses (some franchises, some not). Purchasing a piece of equipment in this price range or higher is something not to be taken lightly. It is an investment.

At one point in the last past 4 years we were able to sell the unit for a couple hundred bucks cheaper. The costs of the various components compromising this machine have gone up, amongst other costs. Our overhead is very low compared to other outfits in the industry because we're a family owned small to medium business that is efficiently operated. We're always looking for ways to make our products cost less for our customers. In comparison to our competition I believe we're well priced, back our products, and the build is of good quality. I know opinions will vary much on this subject.