"The BIG Players in Electric Machines...."

Gman

Dec 3, 2008
WI
Real Name
Johnny B L
Business Location
United States
Sounds like the TMF forum..lol.. Waterlift is self explanatory, it lifts the water out of the fibers thats why they call it WATER-LIFT! lol and then CFM moves it so many cubic feet per minute down the hose. lol. Everyone knows that you would think. Some think otherwise. lol. It would be a cold day in h3ll when a porty, any porty eats my TM or any TM other than maybe a 16/33..lol. hahaha. Funny stuff. Like reading the comics. lol..lmfao. hahahaha! :cool: :cool: :D :cool:

You'd have to be insane to spend $7000 on #5. @150' slowmoe wand movement and soaked carpets.lol Different fiber density = different drytimes. Anyone can get 1hr or less on CGD. Heck I've gotten 15min DT's on those. Try 150' with a cut pile medium to long fiber frieze and a backing thats 1/2" . You will wish you had a TM or brought your porty in closer. lol

James Cooper

Premium VIP
Jun 22, 2008
Brunswick, Georgia
www.jnccarpetsystems.com
Real Name
James Cooper
Business Location
United States
I have always been a skeptic first , BUT I have gotten to the point where if I aminterested I check it out before opening my mouth. I at one time slammed the op method now I use it in many instances and it saves me time and makes me money.

This is why events like connections are so valuable to folks that develop new equipment and devices, they have an opportunity to demonstrate exactly what their stuff is capable of doing and can put it in the hands of the every day cleaner .

I have owned several truckmounts in my time in the industry. My first one was a Prochem Cub XL ,then
a Prochem Legend, Bridgepointe Lancer(22 HP Kholer 4MVL Sutorbilt, Steamaction Nike 22, White Magic
Pro 1700, White Magic Pro 1500 (24HP Onan 45 Roots Whispair blower and finally a Bridgepointe Saber 18HP 3LVL blower.
To say any electric powered truckmount could have as much vacuum as any truckmount with a number 4 or a 36 or 3L
vacuum pump/blower is ridiculous . And I can understand why many would question anything electric powered
could do a good job cleaning from a truck. However Cross-American has been doing it for years. Clear back
in the 1990s I sold several Jaguar 4000s. With everyone I sold they purchaced an inline CA Power Booster
and a 2HT Little Giant propane heater. It did not have as much vacuum as the Cub XL did but it had a lot more
heat. Still the CubXL was preferable to most . The difference is the new vacuum technology is much greater
than back then. We used 7.2 Lamb Ametek 3 stages which had 134" H2O lift and 94 CFMs hence anything over
100 feet of 2 inch vacuum hose and I added the inline power booster. With the propane heater and the Jaguar of
that era was a true ETM and one thing we did with the Jaguar 4000 was to capture wasted(free) coolant heat from
the van it was installed in. While driving the 40 gallon water tank would get up to 140 or so pretty fast. But with
the propane heater it could maintain 210 plus degrees with ease as it did not have to raise the temp from cold water.
A typical small truckmount like the Prochem Cub XL could not maintain more that 170 degrees. So on some jobs the
Jaguar 4000 was preferable to the Prochem Cub XL.
Now with the new Jaguar 6.6s we have a lot more vacuum than we use to. Especially CFMS . The old Jaguar 4000
only had about 188 combined CFMs. The new Jag has closer to 270 CFMs. If you add a Power Booster depending on
which one you may add another 135 or so. Add a 2HT to that and a pump/motor combo up to 800 psi 1.6 gpms and
I would take that over my old Prochem Cub XL with its 3MVL Sutorbilt blower driven by a 16HP V twin.
All we are saying in most cases that it now really can be done and done well with excellent drying times. Not as good
perhaps as a larger truckmount but at least as good as many entry level gas powered truckmounts. I do not clean carpet
as fast as when I was using for instance my White Magic Pro 1500 . But I can clean carpet truckmounted and do
as good a job . If I have to use a lot of vacuum hose I just slow down untill I can take some off as most of us work
back towards where we entered the job. I have heat,good vacuum, and pressure with good flow with my Jaguar 6.6
with the 2HT and when need I add my CA Power Booster. I use a little propane and if I need my Power Booster I run
one cord on my small 3500 watt generator which only uses 1/3 gallong of gasoline per hour and of course plug in the
other two at the job site. A CA Jaguar 6.6 just rarely pops a breaker. Even though they produce a lot more vacuum
than any of our previous models these new vacuum motors are very effecient.

Jan Sullins

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
I have owned several truckmounts in my time in the industry. My first one was a Prochem Cub XL ,then
a Prochem Legend, Bridgepointe Lancer(22 HP Kholer 4MVL Sutorbilt, Steamaction Nike 22, White Magic
Pro 1700, White Magic Pro 1500 (24HP Onan 45 Roots Whispair blower and finally a Bridgepointe Saber 18HP 3LVL blower.
To say any electric powered truckmount could have as much vacuum as any truckmount with a number 4 or a 36 or 3L
vacuum pump/blower is ridiculous . And I can understand why many would question anything electric powered
could do a good job cleaning from a truck. However Cross-American has been doing it for years. Clear back
in the 1990s I sold several Jaguar 4000s. With everyone I sold they purchaced an inline CA Power Booster
and a 2HT Little Giant propane heater. It did not have as much vacuum as the Cub XL did but it had a lot more
heat. Still the CubXL was preferable to most . The difference is the new vacuum technology is much greater
than back then. We used 7.2 Lamb Ametek 3 stages which had 134" H2O lift and 94 CFMs hence anything over
100 feet of 2 inch vacuum hose and I added the inline power booster. With the propane heater and the Jaguar of
that era was a true ETM and one thing we did with the Jaguar 4000 was to capture wasted(free) coolant heat from
the van it was installed in. While driving the 40 gallon water tank would get up to 140 or so pretty fast. But with
the propane heater it could maintain 210 plus degrees with ease as it did not have to raise the temp from cold water.
A typical small truckmount like the Prochem Cub XL could not maintain more that 170 degrees. So on some jobs the
Jaguar 4000 was preferable to the Prochem Cub XL.
Now with the new Jaguar 6.6s we have a lot more vacuum than we use to. Especially CFMS . The old Jaguar 4000
only had about 188 combined CFMs. The new Jag has closer to 270 CFMs. If you add a Power Booster depending on
which one you may add another 135 or so. Add a 2HT to that and a pump/motor combo up to 800 psi 1.6 gpms and
I would take that over my old Prochem Cub XL with its 3MVL Sutorbilt blower driven by a 16HP V twin.
All we are saying in most cases that it now really can be done and done well with excellent drying times. Not as good
perhaps as a larger truckmount but at least as good as many entry level gas powered truckmounts. I do not clean carpet
as fast as when I was using for instance my White Magic Pro 1500 . But I can clean carpet truckmounted and do
as good a job . If I have to use a lot of vacuum hose I just slow down untill I can take some off as most of us work
back towards where we entered the job. I have heat,good vacuum, and pressure with good flow with my Jaguar 6.6
with the 2HT and when need I add my CA Power Booster. I use a little propane and if I need my Power Booster I run
one cord on my small 3500 watt generator which only uses 1/3 gallong of gasoline per hour and of course plug in the
other two at the job site. A CA Jaguar 6.6 just rarely pops a breaker. Even though they produce a lot more vacuum
than any of our previous models these new vacuum motors are very effecient.

Jan Sullins

Jan,

You have a GREAT WAY of putting things...expressing yourself and opinions!

Very unoffensive, well thought out and ALWAYS educational!

Thank YOU!

ac

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Re: "The BIG Players in Electric Machines/My Apologies....

Hello,
After having read this thread from start to finish about 2-3 months ago, I had decided that it was time for me to take a break from the forum and take my knowledge of “Electric Carpet Cleaning” and my knowledge of Bypass Tangential Exhaust Vacuum motors to the next level…as it was clear I had truly offended a few members…to anyone who may have been offended by any of the comments and/or statements made by me in this thread, please accept my sincere apologies, my intent was never to do so!

Anyway, during my hiatus from the forum, I have had the opportunity to take a “Tangential Exhaust Vacuum Motor 101 Course” taught to me by the qualified Engineers and CEO of ELECTRO MOTORS, LLC, Piney Flats, T.N.

After having heard what I thought I knew about the subject science/performance of vacuum motors and listening to the many theories made by many of us on the forums, one of the engineers said that “my basic knowledge was o.k. and that many of the theories I spoke of by many on the forums are correct and/or close to being correct....but I'll take 1 lab tested result and/or fact over a bunch of theories anyday". I explained that "until we all have labs with equipment such as yours...theories and field testing are all we've got"!

Anyway, while there, I was able to test out various 2 and 3 stage motors and learn the benefit of conical shaped Vacuum Motors, the effects that distance plays on performance, efficiency ratings, exactly what an air-watt is, what various sized orifices’ effects are on performance ratings, the effects that different vacuum plumbing systems can have on performance, parallel configurations/series configurations, proper filtration, what best “field test equipment” to use for measuring CFMs and Hg performance when a lab is not available and the use of high-tech lab equipment.

The CEO of ELECTRO MOTOR, LLC and his crew are a CLASS ACT…not once did they say anything negative or derogatory about any other manufacturer.

I also took this time away from the forum to converse and soak up as much knowledge as I could, as often as I possibly could with people of experience in the “Electric Carpet Cleaning Field”…people like Jan Sullins Micky Bullets and Shawn Glover just to name a few.

Thanks Jan. Micky and Shawn for the countless hours of your time!

Most importantly, Thanks to those of you that expressed your distaste in my efforts on this thread (some of it very much warranted, I admit.), as it motivated me to go out and learn an astronomical amount more about one of my favorite subject and livelihood….ELECTRIC CARPET CLEANING and the technology behind it!
Respectfully,

ac

Thank you Albert, you have taught me much about what makes a good extractor particularly a Electric Truckmount.
We have come a long ways in the performance of all the components that go into high performance elecrtic powered
equipment. None of use are being ridiculous making claims to compare these new better machines to gas truckmounts
with 20 HP engines and 45 Roots blowers. We can not duplicate that kind of performance! We understand that.

However with the newer better components comming down the pike so to speak. Some are hear some are on the way
and with these high performance vacuum motors ,improved pumps with more psi and flow while still using low amp draw
plus improved auto pumpout features availble and very important is the addition of Propane heat we can certainly clean
carpet with these machines from vans or trailer mounted systems. We can do a good job and do it much faster than the
old fashioned bucket brigade of on site portable cleaning. On really long hose runs we can even add a power booster .
Lately I have been doing this very thing with my CA Jaguar 6.6 which incorporates many of these new better components
that we have been talking about. With a lot of cfms and psi with flow and 200 degree heated solutions along with auto pumpout
I am able to do a very good job with no apologies to anyone. As I have stated before I have owned larger truckmounts and
I am not attempting to compare with their capabilities however most of my jobs are within 150 feet and I do not care
anymore what anybody believes I can clean carpet very well and if I need to go further I will just add my inline power booster
which provides an additional 139 CFMs. It works and works well! So Albert while understanding your reasons for not participating
in the forum here I say it is our loss.

Jan Sullins

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Thank you Albert, you have taught me much about what makes a good extractor particularly a Electric Truckmount.
We have come a long ways in the performance of all the components that go into high performance elecrtic powered
equipment. None of use are being ridiculous making claims to compare these new better machines to gas truckmounts
with 20 HP engines and 45 Roots blowers. We can not duplicate that kind of performance! We understand that.

However with the newer better components comming down the pike so to speak. Some are hear some are on the way
and with these high performance vacuum motors ,improved pumps with more psi and flow while still using low amp draw
plus improved auto pumpout features availble and very important is the addition of Propane heat we can certainly clean
carpet with these machines from vans or trailer mounted systems. We can do a good job and do it much faster than the
old fashioned bucket brigade of on site portable cleaning. On really long hose runs we can even add a power booster .
Lately I have been doing this very thing with my CA Jaguar 6.6 which incorporates many of these new better components
that we have been talking about. With a lot of cfms and psi with flow and 200 degree heated solutions along with auto pumpout
I am able to do a very good job with no apologies to anyone. As I have stated before I have owned larger truckmounts and
I am not attempting to compare with their capabilities however most of my jobs are within 150 feet and I do not care
anymore what anybody believes I can clean carpet very well and if I need to go further I will just add my inline power booster
which provides an additional 139 CFMs. It works and works well! So Albert while understanding your reasons for not participating
in the forum here I say it is our loss.

Jan Sullins

Wow, Thanks Jan!

I've been a student of your approach to posting on the forums as of late and confident that I will enjoy a return to posting on the forum...just more conscious now of what I say and how I say it!

Thanks again Jan...You are truly an oak Sir!

Albert.

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Re: "The BIG Players in Electric Machines/My Apologies....

Hello,
After having read this thread from start to finish about 2-3 months ago, I had decided that it was time for me to take a break from the forum and take my knowledge of “Electric Carpet Cleaning†and my knowledge of Bypass Tangential Exhaust Vacuum motors to the next level…as it was clear I had truly offended a few members…to anyone who may have been offended by any of the comments and/or statements made by me in this thread, please accept my sincere apologies, my intent was never to do so!

Anyway, during my hiatus from the forum, I have had the opportunity to take a “Tangential Exhaust Vacuum Motor 101 Course†taught to me by the qualified Engineers and CEO of ELECTRO MOTORS, LLC, Piney Flats, T.N.

After having heard what I thought I knew about the subject science/performance of vacuum motors and listening to the many theories made by many of us on the forums, one of the engineers said that “my basic knowledge was o.k. and that many of the theories I spoke of by many on the forums are correct and/or close to being correct....but I'll take 1 lab tested result and/or fact over a bunch of theories anyday". I explained that "until we all have labs with equipment such as yours...theories and field testing are all we've got"!

Anyway, while there, I was able to test out various 2 and 3 stage motors and learn the benefit of conical shaped Vacuum Motors, the effects that distance plays on performance, efficiency ratings, exactly what an air-watt is, what various sized orifices’ effects are on performance ratings, the effects that different vacuum plumbing systems can have on performance, parallel configurations/series configurations, proper filtration, what best “field test equipment†to use for measuring CFMs and Hg performance when a lab is not available and the use of high-tech lab equipment.

The CEO of ELECTRO MOTOR, LLC and his crew are a CLASS ACT…not once did they say anything negative or derogatory about any other manufacturer.

I also took this time away from the forum to converse and soak up as much knowledge as I could, as often as I possibly could with people of experience in the “Electric Carpet Cleaning Fieldâ€â€¦people like Jan Sullins Micky Bullets and Shawn Glover just to name a few.

Thanks Jan. Micky and Shawn for the countless hours of your time!

Most importantly, Thanks to those of you that expressed your distaste in my efforts on this thread (some of it very much warranted, I admit.), as it motivated me to go out and learn an astronomical amount more about one of my favorite subject and livelihood….ELECTRIC CARPET CLEANING and the technology behind it!
Respectfully,

ac

I wanted to add that the engineers at ELECTRO MTRS stated that each day for them is a learning experience, that being said...what I learned from them that day barely scratched the surface and I too look forward to learning more as each day passes.

I will be investing in some nice test equipment next week to further my education...nothing fancy or high dollar, just what was recommended to me by the fellas at ELECTRO MTRS. Much like what we have already seen in many of the performance videos made by some of the Carpet Cleaners on YouTube.

The ''Truckmount CFM Upgrade'' video in particular, which shows the proper test equipment and procedures when using it.

Anyway, I look forward to my return trip to ELECTRO MTRS in the near future!

Respectfully,

ac