Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Finally after the last year and a half of working on the Amtex it's ready to go. We took it out today and it worked perfectly.

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
Finally after the last year and a half of working on the Amtex it's ready to go. We took it out today and it worked perfectly.

Not that I want to twist the knife Todd, but I was wondering how long it's been since the last day worked, all the BS, and finally getting it making money again..... a year?.....

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
Not that I want to twist the knife Todd, but I was wondering how long it's been since the last day worked, all the BS, and finally getting it making money again..... a year?.....
Oh, and how much $ you've had to put into it, to get it reliable again( forget the man hrs actually rebuilding, but also the countless hrs trying to formulate the plan).....

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Oh, and how much $ you've had to put into it, to get it reliable again( forget the man hrs actually rebuilding, but also the countless hrs trying to formulate the plan).....
About 8K and countless hours. Actually as busy as I am it's been a couple hours here and a couple hours there. And I didn't work on it at all over the summer. I'm not working on a truckmount when it's over 100 outside unless I have to. It finally just cooled down this week.

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
About 8K and countless hours. Actually as busy as I am it's been a couple hours here and a couple hours there. And I didn't work on it at all over the summer. I'm not working on a truckmount when it's over 100 outside unless I have to. It finally just cooled down this week.
Are you planning on keeping it as a backup, or are you going to put a guy on it?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I'm hoping to be running 2 trucks. I hired an employee a couple weeks ago and he's doing really good. He was running the prochem truck today while I ran the amtex.

Chris Henry

Jul 20, 2017
Real Name
Bucky Rogers
Got to admire the man's persistence despite the obstacles that would have made some of us throw in the towel and give up.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I did strip it down to nothing and 100% re-design and rebuild it. Everything on the machine is new except the engine and blower.

IMG_4920.JPG

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Damn Todd you're BIG LEAGUE. Two trucks running at the same time I like it.

How was the performance compared to the Prochem?
It was hotter for sure. Other than that it was about the same. A bit more airflow. I can crank it up to 3600 rpms now and run 2 wands. We will try that out next week.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
It was hotter for sure. Other than that it was about the same. A bit more airflow. I can crank it up to 3600 rpms now and run 2 wands. We will try that out next week.
does your amtex use a coupler on it or belt driven blower?

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Nope. Switched it to heat exchanger.

Good move.

I had one of those burners and know all too well the intensity of the exhaust.

One look at the original Dragon exhaust design that was expected to efficiently handle 280,000 fuel fired Btu's of exhaust me loose all faith in Ben.

Congrats.

Hope you enjoy using it.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
Good move.

I had one of those burners and know all too well the intensity of the exhaust.

One look at the original Dragon exhaust design that was expected to efficiently handle 280,000 fuel fired Btu's of exhaust me loose all faith in Ben.

Congrats.

Hope you enjoy using it.
Contrary to popular belief, more BTU's is not always better. We just don't use enough water flow to justify those BTU's, so that's why they had heat spikes...

Reactions: CCWorks

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Contrary to popular belief, more BTU's is not always better. We just don't use enough water flow to justify those BTU's, so that's why they had heat spikes...

True, and even worse coupled with poor exhaust.

Definitely overkill for carpets.

Running a 4gpm pressure washer through it is a completely different story.

VERY HOT pressure washing is a HUGE advantage on commercial work over cold, if your looking to go after some, and can dedicate a dedicated rig or trailer to it.

That thing on a PW will give you a boner.