the 500 dollar carpet cleaning filter fix | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

the 500 dollar carpet cleaning filter fix

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
yeah yeah yeah I know the big expensive heavy stainless filter is kind of like a status symbol for carpet cleaners who can't afford a Rolex

couple dollars in PVC and some pantyhose no restriction change out every two days or so

waste.jpeg

Reactions: sbsscn

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
Garbage idea and plan. If you are going 2 days on one set of pantyhose either you aren't cleaning much carpet or you suck at this as a professional.
who cares it works it's cheap flow is not-restricted notice two sets of pantyhose
might as well un-bunch yours

it's simple easy and not expensive

LOL and I'm not doing 10 jobs a day either like the rest of you millionaire carpet cleaners

I use a royal vacuum

Reactions: sbsscn

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I don't think of it as a status symbol, but honestly I dont put a paint filter bag in mine either (maybe its the soil type here but it's not very fine soil), but after using four different types of filters I find the Devastator the best

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
who cares it works it's cheap flow is not-restricted notice two sets of pantyhose

LOL and I'm not doing 10 jobs a day either like the rest of you millionaire carpet cleaners

I use a royal vacuum

Loads up to quickly, chokes performance and lands in the recovery water to form foam asap as aspiration abates. Terrible plan all the way around.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
Loads up to quickly, chokes performance and lands in the recovery water to form foam asap as aspiration abates. Terrible plan all the way around.
nope nope and nope been doing it for years works like a charm

funny when the cure is put a sock on it hahahahahhahaaha

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
Nope, put a ½" plexiglass lid on my tank and observed the difference of different filters under load. Claim what you want, but I'm not buying.
not buying because I'm not selling it

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
nope nope and nope been doing it for years works like a charm

funny when the cure is put a sock on it hahahahahhahaaha

Well regardless it wouldn't work on my Hydramaster CDS.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States

I use a royal vacuum

I used a kirby for the first time yesterday(customers). I felt the vibration of the beater bar on the ground. I couldn't believe it. I use a sanitaire. I need an upgrade but I don't want to pay 1700 for a vacuum.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
$600. Pro team mega vac back pack with after market pro lux power head.

Power head has it's own motor, mega vac has tons of suction. You won't beat it, especially great because the wand shrinks down with the slide of a button and you can vac stairs

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
You can buy a good refurbished Kirby for under $250 on ebay. They are great for trashed rentals. They suck up everything.

Use the Pro Team for nice residential/commercial jobs, but when you need a real vacuum (trashed rentals) use the Kirby !!!

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
I used a kirby for the first time yesterday(customers). I felt the vibration of the beater bar on the ground. I couldn't believe it. I use a sanitaire. I need an upgrade but I don't want to pay 1700 for a vacuum.
shop craigs list or pawn shops you can get a nice one for under 200 dollars

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Them all on a stick vacuum cleaners are a pain in the arms to use. They are very heavy to push and pull.
When you vacuum with a dry vacuum cleaner, the idea is to go over the carpet two times.

I used a all on a stick vacuum before and thought it was way too heavy for large areas and or doing it 2 to 5 times a day.

A canister with wand works best for me, it is light, quick and get under furniture.

1590887209933.png

Reactions: Fedri

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I do agree a panty ho makes foam with good cfm and when using high ph pre sprays.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States

I use a royal vacuum

I think thats a Excellent IDEA!!

honestly if it gets the job done why not!

Sure it be nice to have an expensive filter, but your Idea isnt bad at all!! (wish i would have thought of it too!)

Just vacuum thoroughly like you are doing and add a lil de foamer and yer good to go!

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
yeah yeah yeah I know the big expensive heavy stainless filter is kind of like a status symbol for carpet cleaners who can't afford a Rolex

couple dollars in PVC and some pantyhose no restriction change out every two days or so

View attachment 91891

I think you are on to something, keep working on it.

Funny, soon someone will take your idea and level it up. youll see. Dont get discouraged, experiment and make improvements on your idea, I can see this going somewhere big!