That Funny Feeling...

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
So after THREE cancellations today I decided I'd go work with another tech, take out 1 truck instead of two and knock the jobs out.

Third job of the day, within a minute of meeting the customer and talking to them I had the very funny feeling we were going to receive a negative review no matter what. Carpets themselves weren't in bad shape, in fact they cleaned up great.

After telling me I had to "watch out for their cats getting out the door" instead of putting them into their cages or a shut room.

My funny feeling became a self-fulfilling prophecy. 5 minutes after we left the notification came through on my phone.

Holy cow was this lady in la-la land! She claimed the "supervisor" who she "never met because he sat in the van the whole time" despite talking to me face to face and watching me pull hoses, run the rotovac, help my tech in every way possible, apparently I was just "sitting in the van the whole time", and we didn't "move any furniture", which the only thing we didnt move was the dining room table after explaining it was just too darn heavy and was in a very small room.

Those funny feelings sure are funny.

Reactions: Joshua Johnson

Joshua Johnson

Sep 7, 2013
So after THREE cancellations today I decided I'd go work with another tech, take out 1 truck instead of two and knock the jobs out.

Third job of the day, within a minute of meeting the customer and talking to them I had the very funny feeling we were going to receive a negative review no matter what. Carpets themselves weren't in bad shape, in fact they cleaned up great.

After telling me I had to "watch out for their cats getting out the door" instead of putting them into their cages or a shut room.

My funny feeling became a self-fulfilling prophecy. 5 minutes after we left the notification came through on my phone.

Holy cow was this lady in la-la land! She claimed the "supervisor" who she "never met because he sat in the van the whole time" despite talking to me face to face and watching me pull hoses, run the rotovac, help my tech in every way possible, apparently I was just "sitting in the van the whole time", and we didn't "move any furniture", which the only thing we didnt move was the dining room table after explaining it was just too darn heavy and was in a very small room.

Those funny feelings sure are funny.
You shouldn't be responsible for pets escaping. But if you agree to take on the task of pet warden, you've tacitly taken on said responsibility. Too stressful.

If you ding the wall, it's fixable. If you "lose" someone's cat... you will never be forgiven.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
That's where I got the funny feeling, I told them the cats really need to be put in a room or cage, I cant close the door all the way, instantly got the stink eye
I tell them to lock up their cats. I will not watch for them i will not chase them down the street. I rarely have to say it out loud because to most it's normal to put animals away while work is being done. But some loons really believe it is wrong to safely lock pets in a room or home (cage). But there are a few you have to be blunt with.

Lol and whats with the supervisor remark?

Reactions: MikeGaure

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I tell them to lock up their cats. I will not watch for them i will not chase them down the street. I rarely have to say it out loud because to most it's normal to put animals away while work is being done. But some loons really believe it is wrong to safely lock pets in a room or home (cage). But there are a few you have to be blunt with.

Lol and whats with the supervisor remark?

My pool guy doesn’t come near my gate till my mals are in the house. Nor are any service guys coming in till my dogs are in their crates or outside.

Let the guys work in peace so they can do their job and leave. Plus I don’t want them biting someone.

We’ve had the occasional customer who couldn’t find their stupid cat and asked us to be cautious till they found them.

The ones that are far worse IMO are the morons that let their kids follow me around like a bad decision. Really?? I’m working get the barefooted kid outta mah way!

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
My pool guy doesn’t come near my gate till my mals are in the house. Nor are any service guys coming in till my dogs are in their crates or outside.

Let the guys work in peace so they can do their job and leave. Plus I don’t want them biting someone.

We’ve had the occasional customer who couldn’t find their stupid cat and asked us to be cautious till they found them.

The ones that are far worse IMO are the morons that let their kids follow me around like a bad decision. Really?? I’m working get the barefooted kid outta mah way!
I dont mind dogs too much. If they are friendly meet yiu then go mind their own business i dont care if they are left out. But they always seem to leave out the bastards that want to bark, bite, or run away lol. One dog git upset we moved his toy bin. He carried all tge toys back to where they came from. I thought that was funny. Ocd must be infectious to domestic animals :D

I had a lady send her kids into the basement while i was installing. Wide commercial tac strip exposed everywhere. Im putting on the steps.i hear lady say go down the basement. I hear a stampede of kids coming so i grabbed the door knob and held it closed. They run back i hear the mom why arent you in the basement? I now hear her stomping towrad the door. She says why wont you let them open the door? I said they cant be down here its unsafe. She orders me out of the way i said you were warned. Kids running back and forth then i hear a yipe lmfao. I see one of them with this look of pain. I said how did that feel? Hurts dont it? Now you understand why you cant be in here? Now go back up and let your mom see it. I was younger then today i wouldnt let that happen. They can fk off to chucky cheese or a movie or something. No one is getting in my work area. As far as im concerned its not their part of the house anymore till i turn it back over to them.

• Haha

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I dont mind dogs too much. If they are friendly meet yiu then go mind their own business i dont care if they are left out. But they always seem to leave out the bastards that want to bark, bite, or run away lol. One dog git upset we moved his toy bin. He carried all tge toys back to where they came from. I thought that was funny. Ocd must be infectious to domestic animals :D

I had a lady send her kids into the basement while i was installing. Wide commercial tac strip exposed everywhere. Im putting on the steps.i hear lady say go down the basement. I hear a stampede of kids coming so i grabbed the door knob and held it closed. They run back i hear the mom why arent you in the basement? I now hear her stomping towrad the door. She says why wont you let them open the door? I said they cant be down here its unsafe. She orders me out of the way i said you were warned. Kids running back and forth then i hear a yipe lmfao. I see one of them with this look of pain. I said how did that feel? Hurts dont it? Now you understand why you cant be in here? Now go back up and let your mom see it. I was younger then today i wouldnt let that happen. They can fk off to chucky cheese or a movie or something. No one is getting in my work area. As far as im concerned its not their part of the house anymore till i turn it back over to them.
Yeah i fat finger typed the shit out of thst lol. And i dont care anymore :D

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States

" My mals", are you referring to Alaskan malamutes?
Beautiful animals..

Attachments

• 20161130_152141.jpg
    20161130_152141.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 231

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike

Exactly I’ve gotten rough about it after a 70 yr ok lady tripped over some stay nails on a monster seam I was repairing. Warned her an she fell! Her husband came running after she was up and fine I yelled at him to stop.

Since then I’m borderline jerk about it. My bro in law is like that he’s an electrician

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Exactly I’ve gotten rough about it after a 70 yr ok lady tripped over some stay nails on a monster seam I was repairing. Warned her an she fell! Her husband came running after she was up and fine I yelled at him to stop.

Since then I’m borderline jerk about it. My bro in law is like that he’s an electrician
You have to come off sounding like an azzhole or they dont listen to you. Guess thats why floor guys have a reputation for being rude and mean lol. If you are nice about it they ignore and walk all over you. Im that way when it comes to moving stuff. You should see their eyes when i find they forgot to empty lining closet. "Oh my god im so sorry i completely forgot" as they scramble to empty it. Tell them nicely? "Oh yeah i guess i forgot that one" as they walk away.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
My malamute was 125lbs, almost 5' long, liked to chase and eat rabits, wasn't scared of coyotes either. Wasn't to social with other dogs or humans, but only because he didn't want to be bothered. Never hurt anyone, instead of barking he was howling with coyotes or city sirens. If he didn't like visitor in our house, he would watch him for a 20-30 minutes...
I miss my buddy.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike

Smarter than a German shepherd. Very agile, lighter in weight and way more tenacious.

Yes loyal, good with my kids and definitely will bite. My male would definitely bust out some king fu on somebody

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
My son is 8 and wanted too see what my dog would do if he attacked my lol so he jumped me and started punching my mal ran up and grabbed him, he didn’t bite just let him know that wasn’t smart too touch the top dog lol

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
That supervisor remark is really stupid. No supervisor should have to get down and help if they dont want. Maybe they are in charge of sales, taking phone calls, marketing, mechanical issues, other things other than what is being done in the house. It shouldn't matter how many people are in the truck, but if the work is being done in a timely manner (few hours vs few days).

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
No Sir

Belgian Malinois two of em

View attachment 84375My male
Malinois are gorgeous - and they're becoming more and more popular as police dogs as well, thanks to their leggy build and their utter devotion to whoever they see as their alpha. The Fayetteville military dog memorial statue is a Mallie!