Thanks Mytee | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Thanks Mytee

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
A couple days ago I was out on as decent sized job. As I was setting my equipment up and ended up busting a part on my Mytee M5. It was a part of the solution delivery system and I could not fix it nor go on. Needless to say the custy was not very happy. She had moved her stuff in preparation for me.
I told the custy I was going to have to order the part and it was probably going to take a few days at least. She again was disappointed and I felt terrible about it.
So I packed up, went home, and got on the phone with Mytee in hopes of getting my needed part over night shipped to me. To make a long story short, once the guy heard my situation, he advised me on how to fix it myself. This resulted in me being back in business in a few short hours as opposed to days. It also resulted in Mytee being cut out of the sale of the part.
I know a some people are tired of hearing about Mytee. But I just have to give credit where credit is due. John LaBarbera of Mytee, has always answered all my dumb questions, sent me parts, upgrades, and even a brand new Bentley Carbon Fiber wand with the swivel head, for FREE! And then again just the other day helped me out of a jam.
So I just wanted to thank them. And if you're in the market for a good porty, at a good price, and great customer service, I would recommend looking at Mytee. Johnny

Reactions: Deron06

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Well that's one good thing about being an avid poster on TMF, your going to get great customer service. This thread is case in point...good marketing tool.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
After 4 jobs it is already busting a part....
and this is good?
Why is it that I knew you'd be running your jibs on a thread that doesn't even concern you.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Everything concerns me...

Just 1 big worrier, dont let me get started on the education system { lack of} or the federal deficit.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Okay, so here's is why the breakage was my fault. I added a piece onto the solution QD that added about 10" to it. Here's the picture

And another with it attached,

I was trying to turn my M5 around in my truck with it all hooked up and hit the extended piece into the shell. I didn't notice it and kept pushing it really hard and crack, this happened.

So there you have it. I broke my Mytee M5 due to my neglect and after having modified it.

Also would like to note, I was just trying to give a thanks to Mytee. The Bentley wand that was given to me was when I had maybe a 100 posts under my belt. So I do not believe I was given it because I was a big poster. I had just made a post about looking for a used wand to buy and John LaBarbera helped me out.
The call I made after I broke my M5 was to someone who works for Mytee and not John. Does not know who I am nor care. As for all the other stuff John LaBarbera has done, only he knows why, not I.
I do know that he pays to advertise here and we all benefit from that. Johnny

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Oh, well I stand corrected. Carry on...

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
I guess I should give John L a break since my new arch enemy apparently is Ed V...

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Okay, so here's is why the breakage was my fault. I added a piece onto the solution QD that added about 10" to it. Here's the picture

And another with it attached,

I was trying to turn my M5 around in my truck with it all hooked up and hit the extended piece into the shell. I didn't notice it and kept pushing it really hard and crack, this happened.

So there you have it. I broke my Mytee M5 due to my neglect and after having modified it.

Also would like to note, I was just trying to give a thanks to Mytee. The Bentley wand that was given to me was when I had maybe a 100 posts under my belt. So I do not believe I was given it because I was a big poster. I had just made a post about looking for a used wand to buy and John LaBarbera helped me out.
The call I made after I broke my M5 was to someone who works for Mytee and not John. Does not know who I am nor care. As for all the other stuff John LaBarbera has done, only he knows why, not I.
I do know that he pays to advertise here and we all benefit from that. Johnny

Is that a filter or what is that you added on?

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Is that a filter or what is that you added on?
Todd, It's a check valve. And it's there to ensure that none of the hot water coming out of my LG goes into the fresh water tank of my M5. As I'm sure you already know, the M5's pump is not designed to have boiling hot water run through it. So it's set up so the M5 delivers the water under pressure to the LG heater where it's heated and then continues on to my wand or Rotovac. The check valve prevents the hot water from backing up into the M5's fresh water tank and messing up my pump.
JimSteam and Jan Sullins told me how to do this set up as they have the experience with these things. Johnny

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Oh, well I stand corrected. Carry on...

$1KaDAY, You may have a very valid point. I'm not trying to say you don't. I just wanted to set the record straight. And that is I wasn't a long time poster with many posts under my belt when John LaBarbera gave me the Bentley. And it wasn't John I spoke to on the phone about this last part I broke.

I think it is good business to take care of your customers. Especially ones that know lots of people or can "put the word out" one way or the other about your company. And so you have a very valid point.

I guess that we all benefit from TMF one way or another and this may be one example. This may be a case of getting out what we put into it. Either way I'm still thankful to TMF, John LaBarbera from Mytee, you, Todd, Deron, Eyeball, Torrey, Jim Steam, Jan Sullins, Matt, and everyone else that has helped me out.............for whatever reason. Thanks again, Johnny

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Todd, It's a check valve. And it's there to ensure that none of the hot water coming out of my LG goes into the fresh water tank of my M5. As I'm sure you already know, the M5's pump is not designed to have boiling hot water run through it. So it's set up so the M5 delivers the water under pressure to the LG heater where it's heated and then continues on to my wand or Rotovac. The check valve prevents the hot water from backing up into the M5's fresh water tank and messing up my pump.
JimSteam and Jan Sullins told me how to do this set up as they have the experience with these things. Johnny
I wonder if it would be better to put the check valve on thr LG inlet instead of the M5 so you don't have such a long heavy piece on the portable. The way it is connected now you will be more prone to accidents, and if it did happen to break off the LG you could still keep working without it instead of being completely down.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I wonder if it would be better to put the check valve on thr LG inlet instead of the M5 so you don't have such a long heavy piece on the portable. The way it is connected now you will be more prone to accidents, and if it did happen to break off the LG you could still keep working without it instead of being completely down.

Todd, you know, that makes a lot of sense. But before I go off and do anything like that, I'm going to wait for Jan Sullins and Jim Steam to chime in on this.

You have a real knack for seeing simple solutions to problems, when others, like me, don't even see the problem till you bring it up. Thanks again Todd. Johnny

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
$1KaDAY, You may have a very valid point. I'm not trying to say you don't. I just wanted to set the record straight. And that is I wasn't a long time poster with many posts under my belt when John LaBarbera gave me the Bentley. And it wasn't John I spoke to on the phone about this last part I broke.

I think it is good business to take care of your customers. Especially ones that know lots of people or can "put the word out" one way or the other about your company. And so you have a very valid point.

I guess that we all benefit from TMF one way or another and this may be one example. This may be a case of getting out what we put into it. Either way I'm still thankful to TMF, John LaBarbera from Mytee, you, Todd, Deron, Eyeball, Torrey, Jim Steam, Jan Sullins, Matt, and everyone else that has helped me out.............for whatever reason. Thanks again, Johnny
How come i am not on that list :confused:

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
How come i am not on that list :confused:

Opposite of trying to keep a man down.:rolleyes:

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Well, considering you uploaded the video "that shocked the world".

We should move on ...
Everything comes to an end eventually.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Or why not a simple 15 dollar ball valve that you can just turn right before you hit the pump switch?

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Or why not a simple 15 dollar ball valve that you can just turn right before you hit the pump switch?
The check valve will work all the time while the machine is running only allowing the water to flow in one direction. I would think with the pump turned on that the direction of the waterflow would not be an issue, but maybe with a portable pump it is different. Some of the other portable guys probably know more on this issue.