Tesla Van truckmount | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Tesla Van truckmount

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
You know the other problem with the 4x4 monster? It can be all diffs locked, 4 lo, 55" tires and be stuck just like the rest of us. Because not everyone has 4x. So you sit and wait as they block the road in front of you lol. I got chains. 4x4 is nice. But you can make it without it.
My wife had to drive 100 miles in a white out snow storm the other day and said every vehicle in in the ditch was a big truck! People get over confident in those big trucks. She has front wheel drive, good tires, takes it slow, does just fine.

I used to have an 85 grand wagoneer and that thing was so much better in the snow than my suburban. I'd love to have one of those again.

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
My wife had to drive 100 miles in a white out snow storm the other day and said every vehicle in in the ditch was a big truck! People get over confident in those big trucks. She has front wheel drive, good tires, takes it slow, does just fine.

I used to have an 85 grand wagoneer and that thing was so much better in the snow than my suburban. I'd love to have one of those again.
I always liked the wagoneers. I never had one. But always wanted one.
We see the same. People think 4x4 makes driving in the snow no different then dry pavement. But if your heading into a turn going 50. It dont matter if you turn your wheels. Your still going straight at 50 lol. And roads are crowned to shed water. So theres that too. I remember sitting still and my truck began sliding sideways towards the ditch. I had to keep my tires in the rumble strip to get some grip.

Reactions: Robert86

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
My little Saturn Ion when I was in college was so light I was going 5 mph, couldn't stop, and just 5 mph my way through an intersection of ice =)

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
My little Saturn Ion when I was in college was so light I was going 5 mph, couldn't stop, and just 5 mph my way through an intersection of ice =)
I did that in my wagoneer a few times, lol! When it's icy stopping can be a matter of luck. Watched 6 cars in a row slide through a red light because it was just too icy to stop once. (I was one of them)

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I always liked the wagoneers. I never had one. But always wanted one.
We see the same. People think 4x4 makes driving in the snow no different then dry pavement. But if your heading into a turn going 50. It dont matter if you turn your wheels. Your still going straight at 50 lol. And roads are crowned to shed water. So theres that too. I remember sitting still and my truck began sliding sideways towards the ditch. I had to keep my tires in the rumble strip to get some grip.
So many nights that rumble strips been the only reason I made it home. Driving by feel.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I did that with an extended e250. It slid so slow through an intersection. I just waved people to move aside. Everyone was laughing.

• Haha
Reactions: Robert86