tens of thousands of rugs

Discussion in 'Area Rug Cleaning Forum' started by Scott W, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +9,661 / 11 / -1
    #1 Scott W, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    I have just confirmed that the students in the Washington Dc (Lorton VA) Hands-On Rug Washing class will be able to visit one of the largest rug importers in the country. Tens of thousands of rugs will be available to examine.

Several warehouse rooms like the one in the photo with fellow trainer Doug Heiferman.

Doug at Herat warehouse.jpg

During the class, students will also be able to purchase rugs at the same prices as large retailers.

This class is September 26th - 29th. For information check out the education schedule here - http://www.cvent.com/Events/Calendar/Calendar.aspx?cal=ab53c6cb-fee0-44a6-a384-c51a2a4b32c0
    or send me an email scottw @bridgewatercorp.net

• Like Like x 3
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner Todd Cottino
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2011
    Male
    Owner / Operator
    Pahrump, Nevada, United States
    Ratings:
    +24,722 / 56 / -0
    Wow, that's awesome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mama Fen

Mama Fen Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    Female
    Supply/distribution
    North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +2,027 / 0 / -0
    I am SO coming to hide in your suitcase...

4. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.

Apr 25, 2011
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    San Pedro, Ca
    Ratings:
    +17,189 / 130 / -0
    This is the very same rug class I took a few years back. Taught me enough to open up my own rug cleaning shop. I even aid for the class by bringing a rug with me to it. They taught us how to clean it, and actually cleaned it. I took it home and got paid for the rug cleaning too. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Kyle8

Kyle8 Well-Known Member
    Top Poster of Month

Oct 22, 2016
    Ratings:
    +395 / 5 / -0
    Made money to go to a class not bad. I need to take this class.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.

Apr 25, 2011
    Male
    Owner/Operator
    San Pedro, Ca
    Ratings:
    +17,189 / 130 / -0

You should, it's a great class taught by two great guys, Doug Heiferman, and Scott Warrington.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. mjb4ex

mjb4ex Active Member

Apr 29, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Scott... What's the best way to determine market need for rug cleaning? I live in a very cheap market where most people buy their rugs and home Depot for less than I would clean them. Once in the last year I've turned down a couple fine rugs I simply wasn't qualified to clean. It could be I simply haven't gone after this market...

8. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +9,661 / 11 / -1

We do discuss this in more depth during the class. (We have a section on learning your market and an evening on marketing your area.)

A good start is to see what rug stores are in the area and what they are selling. Home Depot and similar are probably the main ones. They sell a lot of low end olefin rugs. But there are also some pricey Navajo flat weaves in your area.

A couple of rug washers in SLC do a very good business.

If there are no or few qualified rug washers in Ogden area, consider a shop where other carpet cleaners can bring you rugs they would turn down as you did for a few rugs. That allows everyone to make some money.

A small shop can start in the space of a two car garage, less than $5,000 in equipment and grow as your business grows.

• Like Like x 1