Tennant B7 Burnish Motor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dvd_rod

Nov 9, 2017
Real Name
David R
My machine will power on and drive no problem, but I am having an issue when I put down the pad and try to run it. After about 5 to 10 seconds of running the pad stops spinning and I get error codes on the panel. I have a service manual for the BDI codes and the two i have gotten are "Burnish motor circuit shorted" and "Burnish motor over-current." I don't see much help on how to resolve this issue and the service manual says to correct fault condition. Does anyone have experience with this?

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Not this model but other walk behind burnishers . If there’s been no problems up to now start with the obvious .
Dirty pad causing drag .
Lubricate bearings .
Clean dust control and make sure it’s not clogged .
Remove motor cover and clean everything out .
Check motor brushes for wear .
Bad connections .
Down force is adjusted correctly .
The dust control door on the ones we had were on the front of the machine and get banged so bad they wouldn’t open and never get emptied . Caused all kinds of trouble . Hope it helps .
All the Best , Ed

dvd_rod

Nov 9, 2017
Real Name
David R
I will try all of those items and report back. thank you.

dvd_rod

Nov 9, 2017
Real Name
David R
The issue was that there was too much pressure on the pad because one of the guiding rods for raising and lowering the burnisher did not have the resistance spring. The spring must have fell off when transporting the unit because the rod holder was damaged and it would slip out if the burnish head was raised too high. it caused too much down force on the scrub head. Thank you for the suggestion to check down force!