Temperature Bypass Control

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
I've spent the last 4 days in a love affair with my 370SS. I've given it the twice over and as soon as my silver bullet comes I will switch to a 4 to the door layout on the hose. So today's question is simple (except for me because I don't know the answer)
What does the temperature bypass control on the front panel do?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
just curious, did it come with a manual or is a manual available online?

Reason I ask is because a manual is priceless. You have to understand how your machine works, especially how the water flows through the machine and where it heats, etc. Once you understand it, you can pretty much troubleshoot problems yourself.

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Are you talking about 2 different things? The bypass valve runs water through your heat exchanger to cool it down, the temp control is switch with off low med and high heat. Turn it off and open your bypass valve to cool the water down before you shut down the machine.

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
just curious, did it come with a manual or is a manual available online?
Both. At this point I could quote the manual page and verse. I've been elbows in and changed every filter and fluid. I really feel comfortable with the machine now. When you search the manual the only reference is to the picture of the knob on the front of the panel but no actual details on what it does.

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
Are you talking about 2 different things? The bypass valve runs water through your heat exchanger to cool it down, the temp control is switch with off low med and high heat. Turn it off and open your bypass valve to cool the water down before you shut down the machine.
That sounds like a plan, does it do anything else other than cool the water at shutdown?

Steven8262

Aug 28, 2019
Real Name
Steven Schafer
If we are talking about the same thing then noare you referring to the knob down by the pressure regulator? I have the new style 370 so maybe it's different on the older models.
I have the new style with that knob by the pressure regulator. That is the one. While I'm at it, there is a knob that would generally be the automatic pump out. I don't have an automatic pump system but someone put a label on the know that's there that read's "fresh water". Any thoughts on that one?

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
QUOTE="Steven8262, post: 1786085, member: 32852"]
I have the new style with that knob by the pressure regulator. That is the one. While I'm at it, there is a knob that would generally be the automatic pump out. I don't have an automatic pump system but someone put a label on the know that's there that read's "fresh water". Any thoughts on that one?
[/QUOTE]
If it's aftermarket then no...