Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Seems like good employees are getting harder to find in these times. So I’m looking outside our normal hiring process. Considering a temp agency? Any used them, if so good or bad?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Ive never had any luck with them, seems like they send guys that just want to stand around and collect a check at the end of the day, if they even show up

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
What is your payscale like Rob? I had difficulty finding a good employee until I got above $15 an hour in pay. Probably actually saves me money in the long run, doesn't abuse my equipment, always shows up on time, does a great job.

SkylinePrints

Nov 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Real Name
Nathan
Business Location
United States
I think using agencies can be useful and successful.

The recruiter is your pre-screener. I have found that sitting down with the recruiter and giving specific details about the work, the expectations, and build a relationship with the recruiter yields the best results. The recruiter gets paid by successfully placing people. The better they understand you, the better results you will have.

If the recruiter is just throwing everything at you without really screening, get rid of that agency. they are taking the "throw everything at the wall to see what sticks" approach. I don't have time for BS like that. I'm paying the recruiter to do their job and they won't, get rid of them. There are too many good agencies out there to put up with BS.

I've used agencies on big jobs where I need more hands-on-deck for a short period. specific tasks, specific goals. worked out well.

As for permanently hiring, refer back to my first paragraphs. the relationship and expectations are key to be successful.

Reactions: SRD