Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
Is it just me or anyone else getting a lot of calls from telemarketers?:mad:
Last few weeks I been getting 1 to 2 a day. I check the caller Id now and screen calls.
Anything out of area I let go to voice mail if I don't know who it is..
What happen to the National Do Not Call Registry ? Does it still work?:AddEmoticons04259:

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hllDWSbuDsQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hllDWSbuDsQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Tommy C

Apr 23, 2010
Real Name
N/A
Business Location
United States
I'm right there with you, Frank! Out of area or blocked numbers go to voicemail. I have even had local suppliers calling me because of questions I wrote on here! Everybody must be hurting.

Seinfeld... "a show about nothing"!

haha

Prouddadx6

Jan 4, 2010
Boulder Colorado
Real Name
Keith Wroblewski
Business Location
United States
The automated calls drive me insane. " Update your 411 Google listing for free." They will actually try to convince you that they work for Google when they are just another company willing to optimize your Google Free Map listing. I have at least a dozen of them programmed into my phone. The online yellow pages are even worse since they "update" your listing and try to up sale you to a more visual add which no one ever sees anyhow. Buyer beware.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I have been getting alot of calls also, google 411 about every other day, service magic has been calling telling me that they need someone in my area asap, when I dont answer they tell me if I am not interested let them know if I know of anyone else in my area that may be.

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
Is it just me or anyone else getting a lot of calls from telemarketers?:mad:
Last few weeks I been getting 1 to 2 a day. I check the caller Id now and screen calls.
Anything out of area I let go to voice mail if I don't know who it is..
What happen to the National Do Not Call Registry ? Does it still work?:

I Get over 10 solicitation calls a day. If you get only1-2 consider yourself very lucky.

The do not call registry does not apply to businesses.

If it did potential clients would also be blocked from calling your business.

That is also why you are allowed call other businesses and offer to improve their lives by performing your services.

It's a two way street.

Mick Ellis

Jul 11, 2008
Australia
Real Name
M Ellis
Business Location
Australia
Most of the telemarketers i get originate in India.
Normally i get calls everyday and into the early evening.
However, since the start of the Commonwealth Games in Delhi India, the calls have dropped off.
Maybe they are all watching the games.

Mick

Frank DiGi

Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
I Get over 10 solicitation calls a day. If you get only1-2 consider yourself very lucky.

The do not call registry does not apply to businesses.

If it did potential clients would also be blocked from calling your business.

That is also why you are allowed call other businesses and offer to improve their lives by performing your services.

It's a two way street.

True.. But I also get them at home and one of my cell phones...

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
i cant complain we make alot of telemarketing calls everyday to local businesses but yes we receive 5 day about internet something or electricy/phone resellers

Gnu

Nov 16, 2009
Onion Sniffing Country
bingclean.com
Real Name
Ka Nacka Chu
Business Location
United States
Dave the do not call list applies to any number reguardless business or private. It is in place to stop the solicitation not the purchase of services.

Yes guys I have been getting a bootyload of these lately. even posted the other day with a-holes saying that google maps was not free anymore. however the tag system is not free. So if you dont buy from google then google can boot you. like they did me!!!!

And if you have a website make darn sure you state above the numbers "solicitors member of http://www.ftc.gov/donotcall" or something like that. I havent done it yet but will be tomarrow for darn sure.

Nick P

Sep 30, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Nick Palumbo
Business Location
United States
Yep! I get them all the time. Oh just about an hour ago
Service magic called and wanted me to join back up with them.
Same speach, they are short in my area and they need good
companies to send leads too!!!!!!
Nick

Latest posts