Team Technique Series: How To Clean Windows Professionally

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

BubbleGuy

Jan 11, 2017
MA
Real Name
Jordie Palanzi
From me to you.
Check out the following techniques, plus more to come.
Window cleaning is all about CONFIDENCE! With better technique comes increased confidence in yourself and your work.
  • Divebombs
  • Chatter
  • Hangliding
  • Closeouts
  • Liquidator/Excelerator
...to name a few

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I'm not a professional window cleaner, but I do have the tools to do them. I do my own windows of course, but never did it like that. I'm going to play around on my windows later today, or tomorrow using your technique and will report back. (y)

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
From me to you.
Check out the following techniques, plus more to come.
Window cleaning is all about CONFIDENCE! With better technique comes increased confidence in yourself and your work.
  • Divebombs
  • Chatter
  • Hangliding
  • Closeouts
  • Liquidator/Excelerator
...to name a few

Is that a stock squeegee on the Ninja? Mine doesn't quite clean out edges like that. What soap are you using?

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I'm not a professional window cleaner, but I do have the tools to do them. I do my own windows of course, but never did it like that. I'm going to play around on my windows later today, or tomorrow using your technique and will report back. (y)
Careful you don't blow your elbow out Rich :D

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Saw some snow out there. Assuming its above freezing when you did this but what do you do when the temps dip below freezing?

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
My guess is.....Clean Them Faster. :D
Lol! Windshield washer fluid works but it doesn't look as nice. I had someone ask if I could clean there windows back in January when it was ranging between -10f and -30f. I told them $10 per pane and never heard back. :whistle:

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Too small of a squeegee and too many wasted movements.

OldCarpetVet

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Lol! Windshield washer fluid works but it doesn't look as nice. I had someone ask if I could clean there windows back in January when it was ranging between -10f and -30f. I told them $10 per pane and never heard back. :whistle:

Of course not. Because people are StUpId sTuPiD Stooooopid. Actually stupid is not the correct word. Inconsiderate and self centered are more like it. If they do call back you should tell them to take a long hike off a short cliff.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Windows are like carpets. Several different techniques to hopefully get the same result. Use the one you like and get the best results from. I like the videos from bubble guy because you can learn some different ways of doing things. He is very good at making his work look challenging and worth whatever he charges. Nothing wrong with that. And he obviously cleans well.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I use that sub zero rain x stuff (orange) when needed. Works awesome but tastes nasty!

I haven't tried it but alcohol should work too.

BubbleGuy

Jan 11, 2017
MA
Real Name
Jordie Palanzi
Saw some snow out there. Assuming its above freezing when you did this but what do you do when the temps dip below freezing?
Windshield wash straight in a squeeze bottle. You wont have to worry until it gets around 22F and below. Windshield wash doesnt leave a good finish if you miss spots but it's the most convenient for me.

Sun, windchill make a difference too with freezing or not.

BubbleGuy

Jan 11, 2017
MA
Real Name
Jordie Palanzi
Too small of a squeegee and too many wasted movements.
Yes and yes. However, if you watch the series, i dont show every technique in every video. We break it down.

The purpose of this vid was to demo the technique in the title, so I went smaller and didnt worry about stroke count.

BubbleGuy

Jan 11, 2017
MA
Real Name
Jordie Palanzi
Windows are like carpets. Several different techniques to hopefully get the same result. Use the one you like and get the best results from.
Exactly. This is what I teach. These are merely suggestions. It's like getting dogmatic about bowling techniques. Just knock the dumb pins over.

Oh, and thank you for the commendation. Much appreciated.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
just curious, why no pivoting/swivel squeegee? saves so much stress on your wrist

BubbleGuy

Jan 11, 2017
MA
Real Name
Jordie Palanzi
just curious, why no pivoting/swivel squeegee? saves so much stress on your wrist
I do. I'd be lost without my Wag and Excelerator. I use them every day. However, not as a hand tool, just my preference.

No joint issues to speak of at the moment.

A lot of that systems from death gripping the handle And excessive pressure on glass. You'll notice it is fingertips, feather touch.

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
It is a ninja. 6 inch. I was using ecover but i prefer gg4 w glide.
Hmm never tried gg4, always used gg3. Lately been using Unger gel soap.

BubbleGuy

Jan 11, 2017
MA
Real Name
Jordie Palanzi
Hmm never tried gg4, always used gg3. Lately been using Unger gel soap.
Yeah, I'm sure that's good too. If you look at the ingredients, if there is SLS, it may leave soap residue on the microscopic bumps in the glass.

I was skeptical but after going back and forth from ecover to gg4, and doing some research, i do believe gg4 cleans better.

It can be a pain to work with so Titan makes GG Glide for slip. Its a must for me.