Tcs chief

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Get a 12"x6" piece of sheet metal, bend it to an wide U and just set it in front of the burner opening. Had one years ago right inside van side door & this prevented it from blowing out.
Good idea. What I did today was use about 4 corner guards, I also had to secure my side trailer door where it was only open about 2 feet. Wind is 30mph here today

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
On the gas valve above or near the tube that feeds the pilot light there is a small threaded cap cover that looks like a screw.
Under that cap screw is another small screw that you can adjust the pilot light a little larger so it will not blow out so easily on windy days.

I thought the new LGs were equipped with and auto relight pilot system. May need to call LG and ask if they have them yet. I asked about a year and a half ago and was told they'd be ready in a couple of months.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
What Size LG heater did you get? Is it the HP for cleaning Tile?
That's the one I originally wanted. They were on back order and I had already been out of work for three weeks, so I went with the one that can go up to 1300psi. The way I clean tile involves prescrubbing with the tile head on my 360i then use my sx-15 so really 1000psi is plenty

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Good idea. What I did today was use about 4 corner guards, I also had to secure my side trailer door where it was only open about 2 feet. Wind is 30mph here today
Been using a LG heater for 6 years .To prevent pilot from blowing out I do similar to what u are doing . One corner in front of heater and partially shut trailer door.

Reactions: awratchford

jwhatley

TMF Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
4615 Deerwalk Ave
www.BlueRibbonFloorCare.com
Real Name
Joseph Whatley
Business Location
United States
So quick update today being the third day I've noticed two things. First I've used about 4 gallons of propane in 3 days. Also a windy day like today keeps blowing my pilot light out on my heater

Any way to "shroud" the wind from the pilot light?

Sure you thought of this, but wanted to ask