Talked to Powr Flite about the junk they call an extractor today.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Well first I’ll start out with good news. I spoke to a fellow who works for Powr Flite today about the crappy extractor they sold me. Long story short I bent this guys ear and turned him on to the forum. Powr Flite is getting blown out of the water not monitoring their online image, selling pitiful extractors, and not answering emails. Seems however to be some hope. The tech has a strong interest in joining the forum here and getting TMF members feedback.
My powr flite is the absolute worst trash I’ve ever bought. If it wasn’t for forum members help I would of tossed the trash in the garage.
My extractor came with a broken motor mount. They literally screw motors into plastic with absolutely no support and only a few threads into the plastic. The second motor mount broke at a clients home. Members here helped me engineer a fix and agreed it’s a pitiful design.
My pump lasted 4 weeks. Why I don’t know since it was a name brand.
My hose clamps on lines were so loose the solution hose disconnect failed while at a clients home and water shot out on a flat panel tv.
Wheel broke on my third job. Plastic button covers broke and were useless.
I get things happen but my machine is 4 mths old!
Virtually every aspect of my machine has failed even the plastic marine hatch cracked last week. I’ve out of pocket fixed everything.
Powr Flite told me they shipped a new motor when it broke but it never arrived. I’ve emailed them and never heard back. Finally I got so ticked I shot off emails to everyone I could at the company and got a response from the tech today who actually cared. My goal is not to put down Powr Flite as a whole. My goal is to share with others of their serious design flaws. Some of which the tech totally agreed with since he repairs these units.
My powr flite 175 classic is built like a tank. But my extractor is pitiful and it’s embarrasing to advertise as made in the USA by US workers. That used to mean a quality item. Powr Flite trying to make extra profit used cheap poorly designed crap and sells it to us citizens.
Anyway the light at the end of the tunnel is Powr Flites tech wants to join the forum and monitor the real world of carpet cleaning. I applaud him. He was polite, professional and concerned. I got really no offer from them about my pitiful machine but it’s a start.
Powr Flite knows of the motor mount design flaws and this techs trying to get the pencil pushers to help him come up with a better design. I’m really hoping he follows through. To me it’s a privilege to be able to communicate with a companies rep, or even the owners themselves. Sometimes we take that for granted. But companies like Mytee should be commended for keeping their eyes and ears on real world users. Companies like Powr Flite have a lot of catching up to do.
The only good thing is from help here on the forum my crappy extractor actually has turned into a decent machine. I’ve learned a lot about repairing and upgrading. If it was well engineered I’d be a end user and am glad I’ve learned a lot. But it should have to be that way.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
what processed you in the first place to buy a powr flite machine?
Well to be honest price. Yea I’m kicking myself in the butt. Hindsight sucks. I’d never do it again. If you search Powr Flite here honestly not much comes up. That should of been a red flag on a carpet cleaning forum.

Last edited:

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Powr-Flite is one of the cheapest machines out there to purchase, there’s a reason for that though. We used Powr-Flite portables when we had portable jobs at my old job. Thank heavens 99% of our work was truckmount Work.

While Powr-Flite is affordable it’s also at the low end where quality is concerned. The old adage “you get what you pay for” rings true here.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Powr-Flite is one of the cheapest machines out there to purchase, there’s a reason for that though. We used Powr-Flite portables when we had portable jobs at my old job. Thank heavens 99% of our work was truckmount Work.

While Powr-Flite is affordable it’s also at the low end where quality is concerned. The old adage “you get what you pay for” rings true here.

I totally agree. And blame nobody but myself for buying their crudy machine. However a US company that has a US warranty should honor their warranty.
No doubt their stuff is cheap. I honestly I don’t feel their low end extractor has any business in the commercial world. But that’s not how they advertise it.
I give credit to the tech if he follows up with becoming a forum member. I did tell him don’t come here and try to bluff these guys they will blow you out of the water.
This company has no clue their reputation stinks online.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I sent a link of this thread to the tech so he can see that I told him their reputation about quality needs to improve. I’m really hoping because of this they’ll atleast step up and offer me some real resolution to the junk they sold me.
I should note so they get it, it’s 1126pm in AZ and there’s well over 400 people on this site reading this currently.

Reactions: Cody G

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’m happy to report after all this Powr Flites service tech Brian is a man of his word. He went way above and beyond today going to his manager and resolving my issues. I commend him publicly for actually caring. Powr Flites really stepping up & caring for my issues and is very concerned about the legit complaints and is going to see hoe these can be resolved on their side. Thank you Powr Flite!

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I agree, my 175 is a tank. From talking to the tech I think he was saying their low end stuff needs improvement which he’s trying to implement since we knows it’s legit. But their higher end extractors are much better designed. I get that. They agreed however low or high end a 4 mth of extractor shouldn’t of needed so much repair. And admitted there’s a vac motor mount design that needs to get fixed ASAP. The tech was over the top nice. I can get angry quick when I know I’m getting burned and lied to. Not the case here, he was understanding and definitely a man who takes pride in the job he does.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I totally agree. And blame nobody but myself for buying their crudy machine. However a US company that has a US warranty should honor their warranty.
No doubt their stuff is cheap. I honestly I don’t feel their low end extractor has any business in the commercial world. But that’s not how they advertise it.
I give credit to the tech if he follows up with becoming a forum member. I did tell him don’t come here and try to bluff these guys they will blow you out of the water.
This company has no clue their reputation stinks online.
There are many carpet cleaning companies throughout all parts of the US that does crappy work and does not follow through on there "guaranteed results". Most of those companies have cheap prices and homeowners get what they pay for just like we get from distributors.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Some of the details I did promise not to post publicly, but even with all the math they are really being good to me. I’m very impressed with the care and concern of their tech guys. Maybe not so much for the pencil pushers but for the tech two thumbs up.