Talk about the crazy cost of the medical industry.

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
About a month ago I had a sharp pain in my stomach , it was pain like I have never felt before, I was sure my appendix had exploded in my body:) So my wife drove me to the Brandon hospital emergency room. They took my blood, checked my blood pressure and did a cat scan, the doctor looked at the scan and told me I had a kidney stone, he gave me three prescriptions and sent me on my way. I was under their care for about an hour and a half. I saw the doctor for about 3 minutes top. I got the bill today!!! $22,000 freaking dollars!!!! Thank god I have good insurance.
20160601_183900_zpskjdway86.jpeg

Sierra Clean Care

Feb 22, 2015
Real Name
Jeff T.
My father was an Optometrist..... When you buy QUALITY glasses( read- not Wallyworld), your cost is 3-400, on the cheap end, up to 2-2500...... The frame is the costly part...... It can cost( for the clinic, between 30-300 bucks....) the lenses, are approx. 3-30 bucks each....... So, on the low end, the retailer pays 30-40 bucks, you pay, 3-900 bucks..... On the high end, the retailer pays 250-350 bucks, you pay 1500-2500...... Doesn't seem fair does it????????

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I'll have to say I was impressed today. I'm real sick right now too and I went to the doctor today. They spent close to an hour with me for a cash pay cost of $75 (no insurance here).

Reactions: MikeGaure

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I thought Obama fixed all this:rolleyes::banghead:
Todd are U an Obama Hater? Goodness...OBAMA has saved Lives by him being Prez Millions upon Millions now have Health Care.Soldiers Not DEAD for naught in Wars that are Impossible to Win by Boots on the Ground....My opinion he is the Best Man for our Country..No worries Nay Sayers...Really don't give a FUK what anyone thinks..Wake up and Smell the Roses..If you need to Blame anyone....Blame the BUSHES!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Todd are U an Obama Hater? Goodness...OBAMA has saved Lives by him being Prez Millions upon Millions now have Health Care.Soldiers Not DEAD for naught in Wars that are Impossible to Win by Boots on the Ground....My opinion he is the Best Man for our Country..No worries Nay Sayers...Really don't give a FUK what anyone thinks..Wake up and Smell the Roses..If you need to Blame anyone....Blame the BUSHES!

Check your facts on the millions with healthcare. Millions have lost their insurance too because of Obamacare and the rest of the insured people are paying double, triple, quadruple or more than they were paying 8 years ago and it's not getting any better.

All I will say is I had insurance when Obama was put into office almost 8 years ago paying $300 a month. Over the next 5 years it went from $300 a month to $1500 a month which at the time was unaffordable to me so I had to drop the insurance. Now I have been paying cash for everything for the last 3 years and because I pay cash for myself I am penalized several thousand a year (still cheaper than insurance) all thanks to Obamacare.

I don't hate the man but his healthcare plan is bullshit.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Check your facts on the millions with healthcare. Millions have lost their insurance too because of Obamacare and the rest of the insured people are paying double, triple, quadruple or more than they were paying 8 years ago and it's not getting any better.

All I will say is I had insurance when Obama was put into office almost 8 years ago paying $300 a month. Over the next 5 years it went from $300 a month to $1500 a month which at the time was unaffordable to me so I had to drop the insurance. Now I have been paying cash for everything for the last 3 years and because I pay cash for myself I am penalized several thousand a year (still cheaper than insurance) all thanks to Obamacare.

You sound Convinced Todd,,,Do You have a Better Plan? $1,500.00 a Month for you the Wife & a couple Children? I call BS on you Bro..Not EVEN CLOSE to That...Prove IT!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
You sound Convinced Todd,,,Do You have a Better Plan? $1,500.00 a Month for you the Wife & a couple Children? I call BS on you Bro..Not EVEN CLOSE to That...Prove IT!
That didn't even include my wife.

I'll see if I can find some of the old bills but it's been several years since I dropped it.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
Todd,Nevada decided that they didn't mind you paying more money, they voted against the designed subsidy to help make it affordable. They don't want you to like it. ..If you were in Cali it would be cheaper. It doesn't matter nobody's plan is going to work with all that sort of gouging being so wide spread and out in the open.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
That didn't even include my wife.

"I'll see if I can find some of the old bills" but it's been several years since I dropped it.
Todd I believe you brother until you said THAT... Several Years? You Dropped What & WHY? Cant find the Bills all of a Sudden? Come on Bro..Cant Snow the SNOW MAN....Are you trying to tell me that MILLIONS of people that Never had insurance Still Don't have It?

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Todd,Nevada decided that they didn't mind you paying more money, they voted against the designed subsidy to help make it affordable. They don't want you to like it. ..If you were in Cali it would be cheaper. It doesn't matter nobody's plan is going to work with all that sort of gouging being so wide spread and out in the open.
Very True Stevo..Todds spending too much time at da BUNNY RANCH...LOL Wish I could afford that!

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States

Im with Todd. Im paying 730 a month for SHIT coverage

Reactions: wandwizard

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Todd's Brain is FRIED like a Horned Toad or a Side Winder.. Shit..that HEAT will Melt an IRON Anchor...Given enuff time..Cactus anyone..Nopales Todd?..Joking Bro..We all have Thorns in our History I sure as Hell Do... BTW..How's the Health care in MEXICO Bro..I rest my case..If I as a White Guy migrated to Mexico..How the FUK would I fare/ So Easy Immigrants FORGET! Be Grateful or Go BACK HOME!

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Todd I believe you brother until you said THAT... Several Years? You Dropped What & WHY? Cant find the Bills all of a Sudden? Come on Bro..Cant Snow the SNOW MAN....Are you trying to tell me that MILLIONS of people that Never had insurance Still Don't have It?
Ask TMF. How many O/O's have insurance? I bet it's less than half.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Todd's Brain is FRIED like a Horned Toad or a Side Winder.. Shit..that HEAT will Melt an IRON Anchor...Given enuff time..Cactus anyone..Nopales Todd?..Joking Bro..We all have Thorns in our History I sure as Hell Do... BTW..How's the Health care in MEXICO Bro..I rest my case..If I as a White Guy migrated to Mexico..How the FUK would I fare/ So Easy Immigrants FORGET! Be Grateful or Go BACK HOME!
Gotta remember too that 7 years ago I adopted a mentally retarded epileptic.....that didn't help my rates.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Reactions: StevenB.